“Perfect Sentosa base”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We chose this for its proximity to the Resort World and also because I liked the look and style of the hotel and rooms. Were not disappointed at all. We got adjoining rooms requested for kids and rooms were modern, clean and stylish. No ice cream on check in but a lovely cake surprise as it was our anniversary.

Service from staff at reception was efficient and polite. We dined at the Tablescape one evening and food was not bad (but pricey) and the wait staff good. Also went into the WoW lounge and that was nice and relaxing.

Swimming pool - lovely and clear. No complaints.
Room facilities good. Loved the Nespresso machines.
We chose not to have breakfast.

Wi Fi - we got cards for 24hr complimentary but for some reason we were able to use it throughout our stay. Having said that, the internet was a bit flaky due to the virus portal they use or something.

Overall, a charming place to stay and use as a base for the island's activities. Everything is close by and, as a base, this was very good.

If I were to have a negative it would be the cost. Not cheap at all for what you get but that's probably because this was Singapore.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Elliot C

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I celebrated my birthday in this hotel, the hotel actually surprised me with a birthday cake, i was so touched. The hotel is just right in front of Sentosa Park, just in front of the Merlion. Staff were friendly specially the concierge very attentive. Had a perfect stay and would love to recommend this hotel if you will visit Singapore.

Room Tip: the hotel is just right in front of Sentosa Park
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in just a basic room and originally booked a king room. I was slightly annoyed at check in as we arrived in Singapore at 6am after a red-eye flight so booked the previous night so we could just check straight in rather than waiting for the afternoon to check in. They didn't have any king rooms available and this was why I was annoyed because technically our room should have been ready the previous day. Anyway they gave us a twin room to use until 3pm when a king room was ready and then we moved.

But because we had booked the previous night we were able to go have use of the buffet breakfast straight away. The breakfast was amazing, a huge selection of food both western and eastern. Cereals, breads, muffins/cakes, yoghurt, fruits, meats and cheeses, bacon, pancakes, waffles, eggs, omelet station, teas, coffees, juices etc. The breakfast for us was complimentary with our booking which was great considering the breakfast is $24 per person and as good as it was I'm not sure I would have actually paid for it, only because I feel like I just don't get my money's worth at buffets because I'm just an average eater and would be happy to go get some toast and eggs down the road for $15. But it is very convenient and good quality food.

The hotel itself was cool (literally, the air con is freezing), modern, nicely decorated. I always look for boutique-y type hotels. Again was a little disappointed, nothing the hotel could do about it but there were HEAPS of kids staying at this hotel. Not being someone who likes being around kids and the lovely noises and things they make I usually look for hotels whose amenities steer families away. Of course, I always expect a kid or two but seriously, I think we were one of the only couples at this hotel, everyone else was a family with kids. So, whenever we wanted to spend a couple of relaxing hours lazing at the pool, this couldn't happen because kids just don't like relaxing by pools. They scream, they splash, they run, they touch things that aren't theirs. Okay, rant over.

Also, talking about the pool, a lot of reviews talked about how bad the pool was at this hotel. I thought it was great. Its a lap style, infinity pool. Not a "resort" pool by any means but still really nice, great temp water and there always seemed to be a bed or two available to lie on.

The rooms themselves was nice sized and always clean. The bathroom was nice and roomy and yes the door to the bathroom is see-through but the toilet and shower are actually separate and each have doors that you can't see through so it might not be that much of an issue if you are travelling with anyone other than a partner.

Not too great of a selection of tv channels, if you're someone who likes watching tv while on holiday. They did have an "aussie" channel for fellows aussies out there which had footy and stuff on.

As mentioned in most other reviews it is right across the road from Imbiah station to catch the monorail and everything is within short walking distance if you prefer to walk around. Although we are two adults without kids we loved staying on sentosa rather than the mainland because I liked that if we got bored or just needed to pass a couple of hours there was always something to do within walking distance without having to catch trains or taxi to get around.

Again, something that I found different to what people said in a lot of other reviews was that the service was particularly bad in Singapore overall. I totally disagree. We never came across anyone who didn't say hello or at least give a smile. Nothing was too much trouble when we asked for something. And this was across every place we visited during our time there, not just this hotel. Specifically, there was a girl who worked the breakfast buffet in the mornings at this hotel, I didn't catch her name but when you get seated breakfast they ask if you want tea or coffee and I always have a tea with my breakfast. After a couple of days this girl brought a big, full tea pot to my table with a real nice high quality brand of tea in it and she said "I remember you always have tea so thought you'd enjoy this better than the lipton". And then every morning I got a fresh pot of brewed tea brought to me, rather then the barely warm tea they give the other tables. I think sometimes, your own attitude brings out certain attitudes of other people.

So overall, I thought this hotel was great. it is one of the cheaper hotels on the island but thought it was really good value for money. Of course, when your budget means you can only stay at 3-4 star hotels you are always going to find things to pick on if you go looking for them but but don't go in expecting a 5 star hotel and you'll love this place.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 5days.. Had really enjoyed my stay.. Staff are friendly and accomodating. .7(?; Location was magnificent since its very accessible to shops and tourist spots...i will give 4stars for it..good job

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The positives:

1) Reasonably priced
2) Very accessible to the Sentosa Express train station. It is just beside the hotel.
3) Walking to distance to all attractions in Sentosa e.g. Universal Studios, Adventure Cove Waterpark, and dozens of restaurants right across the hotel.

The negatives:
None I can think of.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a higher floor to get a good view of the sea
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed in the executive suite and it was a very lovely stay. Bed, pillows, soft bathrobes are just so comfortable. It's a 1 bedroom with living room type. Living room and bedroom windows are from floor to ceiling glass-type with a relaxing view of trees and tall bamboos. The toilet near the living room has a a floor to ceiling window overlooking Sentosa's Merlion. The staff are, of course courteous and helpful. The breakfast buffet spread is stunning and they had a variety of choices which includes cheeses and different types of hams, local popular breakfasts, danish pastries and breads to name a few.

Decorations were beautiful esp the area near the restaurants and the restaurants themselves are just so pleasant to look at. The gym is uber clean (gym balls looked shiny even!). The pool is small but it is just perfect for the siz e of the hotel.

Location is very good if you want it to be near Universal Studios (just a 10 minute walk). Highly recommended and will definitely go back again.

*More pics to follow*!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was reading some of the other reviewers with the service problem and I had zero problems there. the staff was very pleasurable and always smiling and saying hello. got us checked in early too and everything was perfect. We had a suite in the heritage wing and looked right at the merlion. the hotel is right across from the monorail so easy access to the rest of the island. there was one problem, but they fixed it well and I was pleased with the result. overall.. a great stay.

Room Tip: definitely a suite in the heritage wing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family