“Nice, comfortable and convenient!!”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice, comfortable and convenient!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Our first experience staying at the heritage suite room was a pleasant one! Spacious and comfortable with a good front view of the merlion. With a nice entrance at the living area with sofa, tv, mini bar come with snacks, drinks, coffee and tea provided. Except that the housekeeper must take note while replenishing the food, check to ensure all snacks are unopened. One of our pringles chips was an opened and half eaten pack. The room blinds and curtains is the only improvement i think can be done as it can be left either fully closed or open, will be good if it can be left partial open or close. Overall its a good experience for us.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I recently booked a room with this hotel and I decided not to go. Thus, I have cancelled my booking days before the arrival date. However, the hotel decided to charge me a fee for one night at their Onsen Suite for 647.35 SGD. It says I made multiple booking and did not cancel them. I have made several disputes against them and in reply I am getting all the same response. Even when I asked to speak to the manager, the staff just hangs up on me. This is probably one of the worst hotels I have ever came across. I did not even stay at the hotel or use any of its facilities and I am being charged such a huge amount.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
2 Thank Shard D
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The dated Sijori resort has been transformed into the chic and classy Moevenpick. Though I didnt ask for it, I was given a room on the 6th floor which had a clear view of the sea, though the ugly coach park was still clearly visible. The gym was well equipped but I find the pool to be on the small side. Room and toilet were good sized and the Nespresso machine with capsules provided was certainly much appreciated. No qualms coming back here again for a weekend getaway.
A small disappointment for me though was that we werent served ice-cream upon check-in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Duration of Stay :

April 27th to May 2nd

Pros
a. Excellent location - right across Imbiah station, so great connectivity

b. Warm friendly staff - esp Annie, Christine (both front desk), the untiring Ivy (hostess), Niklaus (bell boy) and Philippe. I'm only mentioning those I interacted with :-)

c.Clean Rooms - well equipped - the Nespresso machines are must tries ! The coffee is complimentary

d. A 24-hour gym - if you are a health nut and miss your daily dose of workouts, you would appreciate this one !

Cons

a. Ok. The charges are (and the claim is) those of a 5-Star hotel. This is where it falls short of being a 5-star :
1. Just one restaurant (Tablescape) and hence no options-Yes, the food is good, but its a highly limited menu / cuisine really ! One has to wait about 20-25 minutes during breakfast hours to be seated, as the hotel is popular and people enjoy a lazy breakfast!:-)

2. All 5-Star properties I have stayed at provide free Wi-Fi (or minimal charges like USD 8-10/day). Movenpick charges USD 10/4 hours

b. They put a deposit charge of USD 500 on my card - I was at no point intimated about this, and it was really disappointing to have my funds blocked ! USD 500 is a reasonable amount of money !

c. I was staying for a 5-day period (long stay by any means!) and requested for a complementary upgrade, for the final day, to the heritage wing - they had rooms, they could have done it - they did not want to. So in terms of service a wee bit, disappointing.

To sum it up, if you looking at a hassle-free, no frills, all basics covered well sort of a place, this is the place. As long as you do not expect a 5-Star lavish experience, you will enjoy the ride.

3.5 / 5 stars !

Room Tip: Choose a room at level 4 and above - will give you a view of the sea !:)
1 Thank Kulbhush
Singapore
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel is conveniently located near the Imbiah station, so moving around the island was very easy. The room itself was very spacious, clean, and its amenities were good too. We had a good relaxing time at the swimming pool located at the courtyard, although it got rather crowded at times and some of the guests were a little unruly. Breakfast at the hotel was truly amazing and I thought the breakfast was among the best I've had in a hotel.

Staff were helpful and accommodating. Housekeeping was very attentive and acknowledged my requests. The hotel reception was also very helpful and very quick to attend to request to check on the slight drainage issue I had in the shower room.

My only disappointment was, we never received any complimentary Movenpick ice cream at check-it (or at any other time), as some people had experienced: a shame; it would have been a very nice touch. In addition, I thought it would have been a good idea if the hotel had stationed a staff at its lobby entrance to help with the door and general directions. It seemed that a lot of guests had to struggle through the entrance and wander about trying to figure out their bearings.

Northam, Australia
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We got a taxi from airport to the hotel, but he hadn't heard of the hotel as we found out later it use to be called by a different name, first impressions from outside was wow, we then went to reception staff there were excellent,we had arrived early but we could check into our room at extra cost but we didn't mind as we were tired and needing a rest. Went upto the room and walked in,it was very impressive nice and clean and had all the facility's that you need. Our view was the beach view which wasNice,but we also had the view of the coach car park, we enjoyed breakfast everyday during our stay and the variety of food on display was fantastic the wait staff were very accommodating. Over all it is a excellent hotel and I would recommend staying here. The monorail is right outside the entrance it's walking distance to resorts world ie: universal, and the beaches.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark F
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My family stayed for 5 nights in the hotel and we have a very good experience. The hotel is clean, comfortable and convenience. Walking distance to various points on the Sentosa Island, and is just across the road of the train station. Free ice-cream for guests. Better if the pool can be bigger, or more children facility at the pool.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family