The pool and the hotel's scent are the 2 most distinctive features of this hotel. More on that later.
This hotel is located right in front of Imbiah Light Rail Station at Sentosa, Singapore. This makes it very convenient to get to Resorts World (and Universal Studios), Beach station (for Sentosa's beach and island attractions) and Vivo City on Singapore main land for shopping mall facilities, a bigger variety of more affordable food, and the supermarket for supplies. The Light Rail is free and you get unlimited rides within Sentosa.
You can get free entry passes at the lobby concierge that allows you free access in and out of Sentosa for 3 days at a time. Be sure to get this if you intend to leave Sentosa island to explore the rest of Singapore, otherwise you have to pay each time you want to enter Sentosa again. This also makes the Light Rail completely free and unlimited. If you are entering Sentosa by taxi (from the airport) to check into the hotel, be sure to print out your hotel confirmation email. The Sentosa entry gantry will ask for this and it will save you the Sentosa island entry fee.
Beware that Sentosa's food options are severely limited and always overcrowded during holidays. In moevenpick's immediate vicinity are only KFC fast food at Imbiah Station, and hotel food/room service, which are expensive. If possible, feed yourself while exploring Sentosa instead of returning to the hotel for meals. Or for more variety at lower prices, go to the food court at Vivo City (only 15mins from the hotel via light rail during non-peak hours but up to 45mins or more during holidays). Note also that the food at the Vivo City's food court is 50% to 100% more expensive than typical food courts elsewhere in Singapore (including Orchard Road), and 3 to 5 times more expensive than heartland coffeeshops.
The hotel itself is clean and beautiful, with a signature scent that will accompany you throughout your stay, and will be the first thing that greets you as you return to the hotel after a jaunt on Sentosa island.
My room was on the highest 6th floor. It had floor to ceiling windows facing the sea and was beautiful, clean and comfortable. The toilet is one of the largest I've experienced in hotels, almost as large as the room itself, with space for a sitting toilet cubicle, a standing shower cubicle, a separate space for a bath tub and a vanity top. A few small grouses with the room - the view for most if not all rooms face a bus interchange situated immediately beside the hotel (the sea is a bit further). The TV remote control didn't work and someone had to come change the batteries. I didn't get any moevenpick ice cream to welcome me to the room, so that was a bit disappointing. The room is otherwise great and well above my expectations.
The pool is a beautiful centrepiece for the hotel, so be sure to enjoy it. Great that they provide towels at the poolside, as befitting a luxury hotel. There is also a small gym available, but it's near the entrance lobby so not much privacy there. Overall, the staff are friendly and eager to offer help.
Above my expectations were the breakfast and the TWG teas. The breakfast was some of the best I've ever tasted in the innumerable hotels I've stayed in, with a fresh, delicious spread of both western and Chinese fare, accompanying the day's papers. TWG teas were provided at both breakfast and in the room - my wife couldn't keep her hands off them.
The hotel's location is excellent if you intend to make Sentosa, Resorts World and Universal Studios a main feature of your stay in Singapore. These attractions are a short ride away or as close as a leisurely stroll. It's also close to Marina Bay Sands, Gardens by the Bay, the Singapore Flyer, and a short distance to Orchard Road. Beware if you stay at Sentosa during holidays and peak seasons as it can get terribly crowded and you can feel trapped on the island with long queues and few food options.
The price of Moevenpick is one of the lowest, if not the lowest for a luxury hotel located at the central area of Singapore.
The comfort, cleanliness and service is close to impeccable and my wife and I very much enjoyed our stay there. We stayed at moevenpick for 4 nights to visit Universal Studios and various Sentosa attractions, and to get away from Singapore main land, as we are Singaporeans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Be inspired and energised by all that Sentosa Island has to offer, right on your doorstep. Explore adrenalin sports, theme parks, nature discoveries, local culture, or just an enjoyable break from a hectic lifestyle. Le Méridien Singapore, Sentosa, overlooking the iconic Merlion, the symbol of Singapore, is the ideal place to unlock this compelling destination. Le Méridien Hub is an innovative reinterpretation of the hotel lobby which acts as a gathering place for creative minds to converse, debate and exchange. A juxtaposition of relaxing and energising spaces will ensure an enjoyable stay. Inspired dining and relaxation choices are offered in our venues. Our fully-equipped fitness centre and swimming pool provide stimulating options to restore balance during your stay in this unique environment. In addition to all of the global features and activities you would expect at Le Méridien Hotels and Resorts, impeccable service is promised at every turn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Hotel Sentosa Island
- Treasure Resort Sentosa Island