1,583 results
All reviewsimbiah stationheritage suiteonsen suitemerlion viewnespresso machineconstruction siteuniversal studiosfree upgradevivo cityliving areatwg teafree monorailcomplimentary cakeresorts worldearly checkbuffet breakfastcheck in was smooth
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The rooms were small, but for the price paid, we were happy to have a new hotel with great service and an excellent location. Just an easy 5 minute walk to the monorail or entrance to Sentosa's casino, restaurants, shopping, etc.

Room Tip: Buy the upgrade that includes internet and breakfast... it is well worth it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SeaducedByTheSea
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The hotel is let down slightly by the building work be conducted on the hertiage annex but its a minor inconvience. Rooms are efficent and functional and the food is very good. However its the excellant pool, staff and for once the club lounge that made this hotel. Weve agreed that when we next go east we will use singapore as a hub and this will probably be our first choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaiJai30
Reviewed June 23, 2012

That's the word that comes to mind when I think of this place is solid.

Very nice room, very nice place. Great bathrooms.

The service was okay.. but it was perfect for some relaxation.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rrohan189
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Moevenpick hotel is one of the newest hotel in Sentosa. It is modern and yet has a warm tone about it. Unfortunately the Heritage building (the one at the front) is not yet finished so when you arrive by taxi, it seems like you came to the wrong place. The ambience is welcoming and resort-like with outdoor hallway and an infinity pool. Pool is a bit small compared to the size and number of guests that will be coming once the hotel is fully operational. The rooms itself is comfortably small but it has been very well designed. The bathroom features a bath and a shower (as per photo). One thing I really do like and worth mentioning is the material that is used for the floor and the walls for the bathroom is very well suited for bathrooms. It is like an unfinished marble I suppose. Its kind of luxurious, gives a resort-like feel, and most importantly, not slippery when wet. I personally like it. Wifi is unfortunately chargeable which is definitely not "cool" especially when almost every hotel in Singapore has free wifi.

Some unpleasant stuffs about the hotel. My bedroom is quiet even though there is a construction going on just less than 50 metres. However, at night, the AC gives off vibrations which makes it kind of noisy but after a while, you get used to it.

My biggest criticism is its service. When we came, all the team responded very nicely. One of the best in Singapore, definitely. Greeted with a smile, opened doors for us, etc. Very friendly and definitely a mood booster after seeing the half-finished hotel. We were given Movenpick sorbet which is undoubtedly good.

However, the night before we checked out, we talked to the receptionist. He wasnt sure we were able to have a late check out so he asked his manager. The manager on duty was definitely the exact opposite of the welcome we received. No smile, no sir/madam, not even asking us "how can I help u?", etc. Even my sister who is not a complainer, mentioned that the manager is worse than the receptionist. He finally mentioned that we can get a late check out but all the while giving the attitude as if we are asking for a free stay.

The second worse service is the day we checked out. There were only one receptionist around and there were a few checking out (3 families I think). There is one other guy who is just next to the receptionist who, I am sorry to judge, is pretending to be busy. He sees his computer and look at a list and repeats it again and again. Since there was only one receptionist and I just hated the fact that there should be more people handling the reception area, I just came to the other guy and asked if I can check out here. He said without any professional tone or apologies, "no. check out is over there". I, regrettably, asked him, "then why arent you doing anything?". He then mentioned that this is the concierge when the concierge desk is outside. He didnt smile nor apologize. Very disappointing. As any luxury hotel employees would know, seeing a waiting customer, the least thing any one can do is apologize for the waiting or ask how was the stay, etc. He didnt even smile or take notice that there are customers waiting and do something about it.

However, the stay was finished on a brilliant note when a receptionist called Mr Chew (forgotten the first name) helped us with our check out. He even helped to open the door, helped us with our luggage, opened the door to the taxi, and mentioned our destination to the driver. What a difference. That was the only thing that made me give a 4 star.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Vincent C
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My husband and myself plus our toddler and infant stayed at the hotel in April this year. Despite the ongoing construction, we had a wonderful time. The room was quiet, clean (I should know as I am somewhat of a neat freak) and well appointed with generous amenities. We stayed in a deluxe king room. In all my years of travel I have never come across a bed as comfy as the one they had at Movenpick! The bed was a super king and had just the right Baance of softness and firmness. The hotel has a good location right in the heart of sentosa and is a few steps from the sentosa MRT.

If you are planning to go to universal studios like we did, universal is just a tram stop away. Taking the MRT within sentosa is free. When you exit sentosa via the "vivo mall" stop, we you enter sentosa again there is a SGD4+ charge. Movenpick kindly gives you a tram pass valid for 3 daysso you can exit and enter sentosa as much as you like for the 3 days. Don't forget to ask for this at check in. If like us, you stayed for ore than 3 days, simply ask for a new one when the old one expires. We ate at vivo mall a lot as they have excellent food courts and restaurants there. Not overpriced like the food establishments in sentosa.

Back to the hotel, the staff bent ver backwards to accommodate you. We particularly liked the head concierge. He was of Indian descent and gave us valuable information. Sorry...mummy brain...2 months later and I have forgotten his name :/. It was not our first time in Singapore or in sentosa but he gave us a lot of new and useful insider information and for that we are thankful.

The lobby of the hotel is small and narrow in typical Singaporean style, very clean and efficient. We had no problems with it. You couldn't appreciate the front facade of the hotel much as it is still under construction. This did not bother us as the rooms were more than comfortable and this is what is important to us.

The bathroom amenities were lovely. They supplied all the basics plus so much more.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family