1,581 results
All reviewsimbiah stationheritage suiteonsen suitemerlion viewnespresso machineconstruction siteuniversal studiosfree upgradevivo cityliving areatwg teafree monorailcomplimentary cakeresorts worldearly checkbuffet breakfastcheck in was smooth
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I spent a weekend at the Movenpick and overall we felt disappointed with our stay. We chose a club room with the added "benefit" of the club lounge. This was the worst club lounge we have tried. The evening "cocktails and snacks" consisted of no cocktails, a glass of bad Chardonnay or equally bad red wine and a very limited selection of snacks - compared to other club facilities this was poor.

The breakfast buffet was cold and I was told that if I wanted an alternative tea to the stewed tea on offer then I would have to pay $10 for one tea bag which seemed ridiculous. We ate in the restaurant one evening and it took 40 minutes for my drink to arrive. My husband ordered a medium rare steak - it was well done when it came.

The rooms are fine and the location is central. There are not enough beds at the pool and you literally have to stand up if there are no beds - no option of having drinks or snacks at the pool either.

I would say that this hotel has a long way to go if it is to be ranked amongst the 5 star hotels in Singaproe.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 40yrskids
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Managed to book this hotel at a very reasonable price during the singapore school holidays period! was quite surprised that i manage to book it just few days ago and it's on weekend. I guess the reason partly is bcos of the renovation works going on but it doesn't affects me ( i didn't hear anything!)

I love this hotel! It is quiet & yet conveniently located. Right next to Imbiah Station & walking distance to RWS & beach station.. Walking to Siloso Beach took me about 10minutes & RWS about 5min, which is good since I managed to grab my dinner & supper all at RWS. Having stayed at RWS before & it is way too overpriced. RWS is much more expensive and crowded & no bathtub!

Stayed at Deluxe room over here which have almost everything! I love it!! Yukata, beautiful bedroom slippers, huge bathroom with bath tub & comfy beds! There's even AC points for you to connect yr laptop via HDMI, normal AC (red, yellow, white connections), USB etc, to the TV. The swimming pool is yes slightly small but still ok for me. But i dont think it's good for families as there's no kids pool. I went at abt 2pm after i check in & it's empty. However, at about 5+ when I went, it's crowded. No sun beds left. One thing about this pool is like it is like aquarium which i dont really like. It's on level 2 & level 1 is their function hall. When i went, there are functions going on.. so when i swim near the side, i felt like some fishes in the aquarium been looked at. Dont feel comfortable. Other than that, the rest is fine.

Also, it was my birthday & i was given a complimentary cake. Such nice thought. And of course, we were all given free scoop of ice cream upon checking in. Parking is complimentary & entry to sentosa as well. Drove in & we showed the confirmation letter & we managed to get free entry in.

Overall, my stay was really pleasant & i love it. I will be back for sure!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2012

First let me tell you that we book this hotel without seeing any review on tripadvisor, and after we check it out the reviews did rather scare me.

The Pros:
-Sterling staff, fast efficient and friendly check in and check out, the staff are always courteous and helpful
-Location is in front of imbiah tram station, just a couple of station away from vivo city
-Comfortable bed and pillows
-Nice bathtub and amenities
-Its good if you wanna get away from the hustle and bustle of the casino and USS area without being too far (walking distance from the casino and universal studio)

The cons:
-There are few hitches in the room (no hot water in the room on arrival - which pose a problem since we check in at 6pm and have an appointment at 8. The staff solve the problem within half an hour but a quick shower is only what i can manage with the time left),
-TV Channels are definitely lacking for a 5stars hotel.
-Bathroom hygiene need improvement (which is not the housekeeping fault but more of a design fault in my opinion - they use unpolished marble which super hard to clean)
-The separate shower and toilet gives me a claustrophobic feel
-Soundproofing is not the best, though it did not pose a problem for us
-View from our window is an unfinished parking lot

Room Tip: Ask for the quietest and highest room possible
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank cajoeen
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, facing imbiah train station with easy access to all sentosa attractions, the beach, resorts world, universal studios, etc. It is a short stroll to the Merlion, imbiah look out and the many other attractions! As we arrived, staff greeted us and were very friendly and helpful. Cant exaggerate how nice they were! It made our stay even more pleasurable! This hotel is neat, clean, modern, peaceful, has a awesome pool and yummy buffet breakfast! Will definitely return if staying in Sentosa again! Highly recommended!!! Love this hotel!

Room Tip: Request for a room with a view and stay at the new building.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I spent few nights here months ago.

The title basically described what I think about this hotel.

Facilities :

Nicely allocated, neat tidy clean simple yet classy.

The only fancy facility with this hotel is its pool.

Moderate size, beautiful and peaceful.

Lobby air condition too strong.

Room :
Just good in size.

With most thing you need including bath tub.

No balcony. If this is a point, go sands. Big balcony, trade off, less detail but bigger room.

Luxury in Swiss sense. Not those glamour stuff. Comfort.
Very comfortable and quiet.

Services :

Two parts here to be mentioned.

Receptionists.
Male receptions are warm and helpful.
Most lady stuffs ice cold, with plaster smiles. Couldn't feel hospitality.
Its more like business hotel or motel service attitude.

Room service :
Good friendly room services.
Efficient, fast, helpful, and truthful smile.

Restaurant staff
Polite. Male restaurant manager is polite as well, yet rather nerd, less friendly.

Services is critical for four stars and above hotels.
As most time, hardware and faciloties and price are around the same.

From my experience, the overall average stuff ratings are 6 out of 10.

Receptionist less good, rooms service good, the rest neutral.
Bell boy good.

Location

Excellent.

Near to everywhere yet with distance.

Walking distance to casinos. Could either trams or walk to casino or beach. Could walk to a beautiful garden n later on beach.

Near trams station, near 711.

Price.

Costly and reasonable. Suggest booking thru web agent.
Nearest you could get are resorts world three hotels. Slightly cheaper offering different styles of accommodation experience.

Less details, less peace, less well built but nice for small family or gamblers.

Overall, I had a pleasant stay and good experience with this hotel.
8 out of 10.

Room Tip: Higher floor. Low floor also not noisy. I am impressed that they low down or mute the lift reminding voice during night time. That is very considerate, none guest will be annoyed when someone is moving up or down.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple