“awesome place for retreat!”

Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore
“awesome place for retreat!”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Highlight of the hotel room would be their spacious bathroom and comfy bed. Soak yourself in their spacious bath tub and check out their luxurious selection of toiletries. Makes u feel like a princess!

Coffee/tea lovers - please pamper yourself with the complimentary expresso shots and TWG tea bags. Try all of em! Haven...

The lightings of the room are cosy and appropriate. Not too dim/bright.

The beddings are extremely comfortable. You can choose hard/soft pillows (if I remember correctly). I slept like a baby that night!

One con about the bath room is - the door leading to the bathroom is translucent.. your friends in the bedroom can see u soaking in the bathtub or see u changing. So this is something u have to take note of.

The room is not very spacious but it's cosy and has everything u need. The Hotel offers free wi-fi! It's cool for a small group of friends getting together or a couple who wants a romantic night or even for the broken hearted ones as a retreat and breather.

The Hotel staff are friendly and helpful.. But I encountered some small hiccups as I visited the Hotel when they were having their soft launch. I have faith in the management and believed they can do better.

The Hotel is right opposite Merlion statue - Imbiah station (if u are coming via Sentosa Express - Harbour front). If you driving into sentosa, the entrance fee can be waived off if you produce your Hotel reservation slip. Please choose the manned lane instead of the auto-payment lane to avoid charges. Parking is complimentary for Hotel guests and good thing they don't restrict you from getting in and out once only - unlike Resort World Sentosa.

The Merlion statue is beautiful at night and it's right at the entrance of my room. Nice!!

You can take a bus to Siloso Beach and walk to Rasa Sentosa Resort to watch the sunset around 6pm.. The sun usually sets around 7pm. If the skies are clear.. u can capture the beautiful sunset. After the sunset, you may take a walk along the beach or visit any of the bars along Siloso Beach. For those who prefer less crowded places, go for Palawan or Tanjong Beach instead.

Overall it's a good experience and I will definitely go back again! :D

Room Tip: Not all rooms has a bath tub. So please request for it in advance if you enjoy soaking in bath tubs.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank sheerylady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed September 17, 2011

The good thing abt this hotel is that it's next to the monorail and upon getting a rail pass from the counter, you can travel from the station to Vivo City easily. For dinner we just hopped on the monorail to Vivo City for dinner and a movie. If you show your booking form, you can get free entry into Sentosa.

The room was a good size and fairly clean and comfortable. The bathtub could fit 2 comfortably. The view however, left much to be desired as though we were on the top floor and had a sea view, we were also facing an open car park where tour buses park and with their bus drivers loitering around, having a full view of what is going on in your room.

I was quite upset that our room did not come with breakfast as their staff politely told me that they don't usually serve breakfast when you book their rooms through a 3rd party site. Had I known that, I would have booked a room at a better hotel though it would have cost me slightly more.

We also didn't bring toothbrushes because we had expected the hotel to be providing them as all up-class hotels do. To our horror, they told us due to a manufacturing problem, they had to return all their toothbrushes. My friend who had stayed at Movenpick 6 months earlier said that they had told him the same thing.

Pluses:
Easy access to the monorail
Very polite staff
Complimentary birthday cake
Comfortable bathtub
Well decorated toilet
Nespresso machine in room
Complimentary internet access

Minuses:
No toothbrushes or comb provided
No beach towels provided
Breakfast not provided when booked via 3rd party site (though I have been told their breakfast leaves much to be desired)
No lounge area
Rooms overlook a carpark for tour buses
Air conditioning turns warm in the middle of the night

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor for better view of the sea
4 Thank indolence
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Clean hotel with a magnificent view
But the rooms are small and Uncomfortable bed
Hotel lobby is small, no possibility to sit or rest or wait Just a tree trunk to wait and sit on
check out exactly at 12 and my flight was on 9pm so no place to sit and relax
Breakfast is very simple varied dishes
No fruit and no cheeses !!!!!!!!!

The hotel is under maintenance and renewal
i hope they will be more facility and space

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 11, 2011

its very convenient, its right opposite Imbiah station (sentosa monorail) which connects to Harbour station (Singapore City MRT) where the VIVO City shopping mall is. As a hotel guest, u don have to pay for de monorail $3 at harbour station. The hotel room looks exactly like de pictures posted. we love de spacious, & clean bathroom with very comfy bed. Free wifi, 42 inches LCD TV, nice toiletories, good choice of TV channels. However, u have to pay extra 10% service charge every night upon check out which makes it more expensive at de end compared to staying in resort world hotels.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We had great expectations when we booked two weeks at the Moevenpick Sentosea, but from out first impressions we should have reboarded our taxi and gone elsewhere. First impressions are lashings. When our taxi pulled into the hotel's driveway, we expected to see a doorman, a valet, ot anyone who could greet us or help us with out bags. There was no one in sight. Throughout the glass doors, we could see three hotel staff behind the reception desk, and even though they were not attending to guests, they did not move from behind the desk to come out and help us. My husband walked over to a corner to retrieve the luggage cart, and with the cabbie's help proceeded to unload the luggages from the taxi. I grabbed one of the luggages and with my other arm full of my checkin bag and a basket of fruits, I made my way through the heavy glass doors to the reception desk. I said hello, put down my luggage and things, and asked if I could check in. They replied in the affirmative.

We had requested a corner room or a larger room before we booked, but when we checked in, they had us in a room in the middle of the hotel. We reminded them of our request and they said they could put us in a corner on the first floor, facing the parking lot and the entrance wat for tour buses and other vehicles heading to the parking lot. Great! Not!

The room was simple, small, and appeared to be new. However, it reminded me of cheap constructed hotels on the outskirts of major towns, not a lux hotel that I would have expected from a 5-star European hotel chain.

In the evening we called the front desk and asked them to call a cab for us for 6 pm. When we went out a little before 6, our cab was nowhere in sight. When we went back inside and inquired, the girl at the desk acknowledged that she had forgotten to call. She called then and said it would be 3 minutes. The car arrived at 6:15.

That night we went to bed thinking that if the $40/person breakfast wasn't up to par, we might want to change hotels. $40 breakfast for a few fresh fruits, toast, cereal, and baked beans, grilled tomatoes, and soupy noodles is a rip off. The servers were clearly poorly trained or overworked; they had no time to clear off empty plates from anyone's table, sweep up the mess that tables full of children were making left and right, or attend to the patrons' needs. The chaos of the dining area reminded me of package tours I have taken to Shanghai or Beijing where buses of tourists are dropped off at a designated restaurant for lunch and the diners are rushed through mediocre food before they realize what hit them. After the disgust at breakfast, we informed the front desk that we would be checking out that day.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank 2travelandeat
SGP
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Near the train station, Universal Studios ... it's a perfect hotel if you are not looking for tons of features but a more than comfortable stay (great room, great bed) with thoughtful touches. Perfect for the Staycation that we took to visit Sentosa's many attractions! We were out most of the time ... so this hotel definitely meet our needs for restful and homely stay at a great location!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 29, 2011

A good blend of heritage and modern architecture. The heritage wing was still under renovation so I only got to stay in the new wing. The pool looks great - but do be warned that the corners are all see-through glass, so we could see the people inside the pool from where we were in the conference room. Rooms are so-so, I only got a view of the car-park from where I was at. Nice toiletries and also coffee machine - would like to commend them on providing nice TWG tea-bags.

Overall, I would recommend tourists to consider this place if they plan to stay in Sentosa, it's just minutes from the train station that will get you to Universal Studios, Imbiah Beach or Vivocity - without the crowd and the bustle...

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business