1,582 results
All reviewsimbiah stationheritage suiteonsen suitemerlion viewnespresso machineconstruction siteuniversal studiosfree upgradevivo cityliving areatwg teafree monorailcomplimentary cakeresorts worldearly checkbuffet breakfastcheck in was smooth
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We arrived at 4pm only to be told to wait for another half an hour as the hotel guests have yet to check out.. thought that the hotel management could hv dealt with the late check outs better. The overall outlook of the hotel is very normal, looks almost like a revamped school building. The room was small and the tv program has very limited channels - we were rather surprised that there was no movie channels at all! We asked abt this and was told that they do not have any yet and may, or may not have movie channels in the future. The Pool at Movenpick Heritage is small and would hv been nice if there weren't so many kids running and splashing about. Unfortunately, the hotel did seem like a fav choice for family retreats - we could see kids running at every level frm the pool area. The rooms were somehow built in a way that we can hear everything happening around..kids yelling, closing of doors, ppl walking along the hotel corridors... it was rather frustrating. The end of our stay at the hotel was marked with really pathetic breakfast selection at the restaurant. I hvnt came across such a lousy food variety for breakfast in a long time and was really taken aback. They had: Plain fish congee, smoked salmon, salad, 2 kinds of fruits, cereals, the cheap sausages, sauteed potatos, fried kueh tiao and your standard friend omelette/scrambled eggs... with maybe some toast to go along with. Considering that Movenpick Heritage acclaimed itself as a five-star hotel and the price we paid, the overall stay at was really a big disappointment to us. At the same price, Amara Sanctuary fared much better in every sense.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank celini05
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Had a great weekend stay at the Movenpick Sentosa. When we were there, the main wing is not ready yet, so we stay at the New Wing.

The rooms are small but nice, were surprised to find an Nespresso Machine there for guest use ! Thumbs up !

The bathroom is big but divide into 3 areas, bathtub and wash basin, toilet and shower stall with its own door for privacy, and the whole bathroom covered by a translucent door, daytime is ok but night time is "see-able", haha. Towels are big and fluffy ! Love it.

The swimming pool is like one huge fish tank with see-thru side, but it is our stay highlight and we love it.

We only ate once on Saturday night, was attended by the captain/manager ( ? ) Kelvin, he is very nice and attend to all our needs. The food recommended by him is nice and we enjoyed our meal very much.

The only problem is the hotel is bit far from the beach, but the good thing is it is just outside the Imbiah LRT station, easy access to RWS.

Will we go back there ? Of Cos !!!

Room Tip: ask for the highest (6th ) floor, u get a seaview!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Knowing is a new hotel, I decided to check-in for a night to celebrate my friend’s birthday. A month prior to check-in, my friend and I visited the hotel to have a look around the place and were thinking to take some pictures to share it with my friends. We walked around the hotel surrounding and entered the lobby area to explore the interior that can be accessed by the public. As we were proceeding to the basement conference area, a reception staff came over to inform us that there was an on-going meeting and reminded us not to enter the room. We acknowledged and proceeded down. While I was looking around, I was surprised to see that the staff was watching at us from above staring at what we are doing, giving us an uncomfortable feel treated as though we were trespassing.

Going back to the lobby, we took a few pictures of the reception area, the same staff immediately came over and told us in a hostile manner that we were not allow taking any pictures at the hotel lobby. When we asked whether the rule applies to hotel guests as well, he immediately rephrased and said we can take pictures but must be taken with someone in it while scenery pictures are not allowed. I was wondering why there is a double standard for such circumstances. My intention of taking scenery pictures of the hotel was because I wanted to share it with my friends. Hence, it really defeats the purpose if I am taking the pictures with someone in the scene blocking the overall view of the hotel layout.

Finding such an explanation to be ridiculous, I wrote in to the hotel to feedback of our encounter. The General Manager reply to apologize for the unpleasant encounter and mentioned that he will personally overlooked our stay and will try to show us what they are capable of providing guests with the best attentions and services.

On the day of checking-in, still remembering what the GM had mentioned but there wasn’t any kind of service recovery to our unpleasant encounter earlier. We were quickly given our card key to the room. Mentioned earlier that we are here to celebrate my friend’s birthday, when we came into the room, there wasn’t any birthday surprise. So much for claiming as a 5-stars hotel providing guest the best attention and services. Still remember when I went overseas during my birthday, upon checking into my room, I was surprise to see that the hotel had specially arranged a complimentary cake and a bottle of red wine. This is the kind of WOW-Factor that the hotel provides is what I call service with a personal touch to your heart. Since then, I never fail to go back to the hotel.

Back to Movenpick, although the room was nicely decorated giving a warm and welcoming feel with all the standard room amenities that most of the other 5-stars hotel would provide but for the price of about $300 per night, the room size was pathetically small. Not only that, there wasn’t any turndown service at all. A standard 5-Stars hotel would have turndown service in the evening where housekeeping would come to make the bed for the night with some small treat to go along with, but not with Movenpick. Everything was DIY by the guests. Overall really not worth what you are paying for.

The worse haven’t end when my friend decide to use the bathtub. After bathing when he was releasing the water from the bathtub, the water flow out from the shower drain and flooded the whole bathroom soaking all the bath mats. We were in total shock to see such things happen. We immediately called housekeeping for assistance to clean up the mess.

As for the morning breakfast, it was not really fantastic and not much of a selection of food to choose from. Overall, I feel the hotel is very money driven giving the “no money no talk” kind of attitude, and it sadden me that such a nicely decorated hotel would rather focus on make more money, doing one-time business than paying more attention and putting in more effort to the guest requests, giving the WOW – factor that would touches their hearts that would always be remembered and last a long way.

Unless you have the intention to stay at Sentosa for a few days not leaving the island to the city, otherwise, for the price you are paying, you can get a much better hotel with better service in town.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Planet_Travel79
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We planned a 2 nights staycation at Movenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa on 4 & 5 June 2011 with 3 other families. We booked 2 suite (301 & 401) and 2 deluxe king rooms (309 & 315) direct with the hotel.

The check-in was fast and the front desk staffs were quite helpful.

We stayed at the newly constructed building as the heritage part is still under renovation. As the hotel is still in the soft opening stage, everything is so new and clean. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was huge which i like, the hotel provided us with all the necessary toiletries. But the deluxe rooms are abit small to have extra bed unless you book the suite room!

The complimentary breakfast was sufficient for us though limited choices. Also, the restaurant is quite small so hotel guests may have to wait if it is full.

It has a small pool about 1m deep which was good for our kids to have a splash!

Overall, we don't mind to come back again if we want to spend some time in Sentosa!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank sc_myinitial
Reviewed May 31, 2011

we are so lucky to book this hotel. it's brand new everything, still under soft opening still. amenities are top notch, even has a nespresso machine in room. restroom is big with bath tub, separate shower and toilet. 47 inches flat screen samsung tv. breakfast is also excellent, choice of food is a little bit less but sufficient. pool is unbelievable, infinite fish tank i call it. location is right next to the big merlion @ impiah station of the monorail in sentosa. it takes you 5min to sentosa beach, 10min by walking to resort world & universal studio, 15mins to vivo-city where you get food court, supermarket, shopping etc. the monorail is free as long you stay in the hotel too.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple