“Excellent food & service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Picotin Express, Sentosa Cove - CLOSED

Picotin Express, Sentosa Cove
Cuisines: Italian, European, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Hongkong
“Excellent food & service”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

One of the best pasta i have had in a long time. Service with a smile and super fast.
Loved it .
Definitely recommended.

Visited July 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Definitely visit”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Great food. Excellent service. So much fun the staff are happy and very friendly, thank you for a wonderful dinner and I look forward to coming back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Justine M
Hong Kong, China
“Good food and location”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were taken by friends. They know where to go in town. the service and food were great and good value for money. The location is great.

Visited April 2013
Singapore
“We really came for the ambience. The food was OK, not great but watch for lipstick on the glasses”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I went with my extended family for an Italian meal with pizza and pasta and a view so Un Singapore like you just had to go. The advantage was you didn't have to bring your passport or buy an air ticket. The ambiance and atmosphere was great albeit I really felt for the first time I was not in Singapore at all. Nice condos, bungalows, quiet roads, beautiful expensive cars and of course luxury boats a stone's throw away from where the pizza was served.

While I would like to review the food I was distracted by the lipstick leftover from a previous diner on my empty glass. They gave me a glass for me to fill up with water from one of their bottles. It had lipstick on it. I nicely gave it back to the waitress who did give an aghast look and promptly gave me a new glass and a new bottle of water. I was not angry or pissed but it certainly took some of my joy away from the view and the food.

The skinny pizzas were good and as good as that from The Skinny Pizza restaurant at 100 Amara (Tanjong Pagar Road). The pasta was merely ok. The price? Well, be prepared to spend up to S$40 per head depending on what you order. The portions were not big either.

Again, that was not the reason we came. It just happened to be a restaurant that faced the Marina One degree 15. There was another Italian joint down that same boardwalk that served one scoop of Gelato (takeaway) at S$10.00 per scoop.

If you owned one of the boats on the Marina you would not care about a S$10.00 scoop of gelato but if you were a Singaporean (like me), you would want to just reserve a special occasion to bring your parents here (Like father's or mother's day) and spend your bonus here and honor your parents and hopefully have a long life.

Really, you can visit any of the restaurants along the Quayside and probably get the food you wanted and the lipstick incident was probably isolated and I would like to blame the dish washing machine. Interestingly there was no Chinese restaurant there albeit there was a Japanese one there, probably the only Asian joint there. That explains the number of Caucasians there. We were outnumbered easily 4 to 1.

And I definitely could not say "Welcome to Singapore" because it just did not feel or look like Singapore.

• Visited May 2013
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Picotin on the Singapore Riviera”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We decided on an outing to Sentosa Cove as we had never been to this part of the island before. There is a lovely (small) marina and Picotin Express is one of the restaurants that face the water. They were really busy but managed to fit us in at an outside table. We were served iced water and bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar right away and the friendly, attentive service, largely by the lovely Priya, continued throughout the meal. The pizzas at Picotin are really good, and we could not resist teying one to see if it matched up to the pizza at the mother house in Turf City. Parma ham and rocket for me and pepperoni for my companion. They were very good, although not as good as La Braceria, which serves the best pizza in Singapore, in my view. We had a bottle of Aussie Shiraz at a respectable 65 Sing dollars and shared a chocolate mousse for dessert. This came in a small Kilner jar and was plenty for two, after a pizza main. A real plus about Sentosa Cove is that it is doggy friendly, so your pet can accompany you if you sit outside.

• Visited May 2013