“New funky hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore
“New funky hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The W hotel at Sentosa is new and modern but lack of the resort feel comparing to most of Sentosa resort a nd hotels. It could be the view of the yachts and other high rise buildings surrounding it.The room is nice but wish the toilet is bigger.

The pool is beautiful and great choice of pool beds. Pity there are no view of the sea.

Breakfast area are over crowd just like food court. We were sitted near the staff clearing station which create quite a bit of interruption during meal.Notice they had separate another cafe for the guest with more expensive rooms. Quite and blissful over the other side of the cafe.I will rather have in room breakfast as the current restaurant is way too small for the hotel 's number of guests to gather for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Vivi2009
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Hello Vivi2009,
Thank you for your comment. Hopefully you had a nice stay with us and glad you liked the pool! Do you our pool is one of the best in Sentosa Island? And music play underwater? Please come again and experience it yourself!
I am sorry to learn about your experience at the kitchen table for breakfast, may I clarify with you about “separate another café”, we actually opened our second restaurant “Skirt” for breakfast if our occupancy is high but we have no intention, rule or guideline to assign guests with higher category rooms to Skirt for breakfast, I am sorry for the wrong impression we had given to you. Please do approach any of our talents (staffs) for assistance next time, our talents are all happy to assist you to move your table to the other side if we have table available.
Look forward to welcoming back soon.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Had a 1-nite staycation. Guess it had improved quite a fair bit from previous reviews during opening season.
Nice new & clean hotel. Artfully decorated. Eye for details. Nice pool.
Romantic room. Quality toiletries by Bliss. Comfy bed. Multiple charging dock. Ipod dock, dvd player. Poor selection of cable TV channels.
Good breakfast but crowded as others reviewed. Very feshly squeezed juice.
Complimentary parking & wifi throughout hotel. Dont have getting around problem as we drive and hotel provide unlimited complimentary parking coupon. No eventsover the weekend we stay thus easily get a lot. Carpark is now connected with Quayside Isle mall thus have a lot more spaces. Should include complimentary Sentosa entry. Surrounded by high-end sentosa cove village. Tranquil and serene. Very nice for short geteaway.

Room Tip: std room does not have balcony. only deluxe over look the pool with balcony. aircon is not strong de...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Hello angelALHK,
Thank you for your nice feedback. I am glad you enjoyed staying with us and find that we are making good progress since our opening! Please allow me to share with you that we are now opened our second restaurant “skirt” for breakfast, you are more than welcome to experience the difference next time. Regarding the complimentary Sentosa entry, I am sorry my team did not inform you that the entry fee can be waived if you show the hotel booking confirmation at the entry point.
Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

Lovely hotel on the quayside at Sentosa Cove, away form the hustle and bustle of Resorts World, but close enough to get there with the complimentary shuttle. Staff are very friendly and extremely efficient. The porter at the door even offered us complimentary water in a bag to take with us to Universal Studios and reception opened the store early for us so that we could buy tickets to Universal studios so that we did not have to stand in line when we got there. Its the little things that make this hotel stand out, nothing it seems is too much trouble and thats what will make people come back again, service excellence. The rooms were gorgeous and impeccably clean, we checked in early and before we even got upstairs they had already installed an extra child bed for us. Would recommend this hotel, it certainly stands out as a fabulous hotel!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hello Milvia123,
Thank you for your lovely review. Great you find our services, rooms and talents amazing, thanks very much for letting me know what a wonderful gesture my team made to you and your family, I will share your feedback with them, I am sure they will be happy to hear from you.
Look forward to welcoming you back soon.
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

PROS
--------
- REALLY NICE ROOMS with awesome lighting. Get one with a balcony and breakfast included
- SUPERB restaurant for breakfast, with excellent service
- Professional staff
- SUPERBLY decorated, nice lighting/decor, very clean hotel
- Spectacular pool
- Awesome outdoor entertainment by the pool, nice bar
- Really nice location, far from tourist areas
- A good collection of restaurants nearby, or a Jason's supermarket if you want to chill and eat in
- Located in a very upscale marina area in Singapore
- Nice gym
- Great beds, solid sleep

CONS
---------
- Immediately noticeable was the check in staff who attempted to give me a smoking room when they in fact knew that I asked for non-smoking. Wasted time going to room, coming back, arguing with them and moving my luggage.
- I did not like going to the trouble of having to argue with the staff member to get what I asked for - especially given what I am paying for the room...Eventually resolved, but a waste of my time!!
- One star deducted due to the above
- Woo Bar is tiny and lackluster compared with other W Hotels

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello Dave M,
Thank you for your nice comment. I am glad you enjoyed staying with us, liked our room, our restaurant, our pool and our talents (staffs), we constantly strive to provide excellent personal service if possible! I will share your comment about your room preferences with my team, in order to avoid confusion, I will remind them to re-confirm with guests again when they check in at our welcome desk.
Again thank you for your comment. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed in Singapore W Hotel for a short vacation from 26 to 27 October 2013 for my daughter's birthday recently as she wanted a stayover with some friends. This hotel is impressive in terms of the decor and staff service was impeccable. We were allowed to check in much earlier as the rooms were ready and were given two rooms next to each other as requested. The hotel staff made the access cards available for both rooms so it was much easier as there were many ins and outs between our group.. The swimming pool which we found out was open 24 hours was clean and had many inflatable cushions floating on it much to the delight of the kids. We also checked out the spa pool in the spa area and were impressed with the decor and facilities. Overrall this hotel is a great place for a short break if you need one in Singapore.... tried the high tea but was not impressed ... too much sweets and emphasis was on presentation only.... aside from this hitch would strongly recommend this hotel. Breakfast spread was great too.... would love to come back! Our kids are also clamouring to come back... oh well another time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Hello NickyPoops,
Thank you so much for all the compliments! I am indeed so happy to know that you had such an amazing time with us! I’m very proud to know my team impressed you with attentive service. I’ll definitely share your appreciation with them. Hope to see you and your family again soon.
Nanaimo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is stunning! Very clean and welcoming. The room was gorgeous with fabulous bedding and roomy.

On arrival we decided to have lunch at The Kitchen Table. Meh. Service was lack lustre and VERY slow. It took a half hour longer than all the other meals for me to receive mine.
Had to request to have my meal taken off which really shouldn't have been necessary.

The bar staff at the pool were very helpful and attentive. A plus boys!!

Door staff - Excellent. Needed to run to the bank machine at just the time of a huge down pour... one of the kind gentleman drove me to the bank machine and bank. We picked up some stranded guests on the way. A plus plus!

Breakfast - WOW what a spread! They had everything. Service was pleasant. Barista fantastic.

Front of house staff - we had two rooms and one room ended up moving rooms (member upgrade) however in the move a charger got left behind. They weren't very helpful in getting the item back from the room even though we called immediately after the move. Kept asking but never got all the parts back.
Checked out and there was some confusion and I didn't get to pay my preferred way. Was a frustrating experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Mobilefoodsailor,
Thank you for your letting us knows about your amazing experience at our hotel. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!
Mobile, al
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the W on October 19 redeeming a voucher we received as residents of the W Residence.

As we were celebrating our birthdays (10th and 20th Oct) we chose this time and we were delighted with the entire experience.

The decor is picture worthy and the room exceeded our expectation due to style and amenities. While the decor and the room were outstanding, they paled to both the food and excellent service @ Skirt.

Yes, it can get a little crowded at the pool on Sat/Sun but this is Singapore and good news travels fast.

I will recommend this to my colleagues that travel here and usually stay at the Shangri-La as I think it offers a great alternative both in approach and surroundings.

Great job Stephane to you and your staff!

John OB.

Room Tip: The marina view rooms are very nice and recommended. If you want a view of the South China Sea proba...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Mobilefoodsailor,
Thank you for your comments. It’s our huge pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay with us and had a wonderful celebration! Your kind words are definitely a strong motivator for me and my team. Thanks again! We’ll continue to strive hard to give future guests a ROCKING W experience here!
Look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#33 of 309 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 20,724 reviews

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!