“i'd already booked my next stay!”

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

sentosa is our favourite venue for staycation and w hotel is oneof our top favourites.
we went there to celebrate our anniversary and it was fantastic..
check in: we spend less than 5mins at the reception and it was seamless. the lady behind the counter acknowledged my spg membership and even congratulated us for our anniversary (although i merely scribbled "anniversary celebration" at the comments portion when i book the hotel)
room: fantastic size. we stayed at the wonderful room and i think it is good enough. the bose set up was fabulous.
bedding: we requested for the firmest pillows but it is still too soft for our comfort. it could be our personal preference though. firmness of bed is just right though.
bathroom: therez a sliding door if you want to minimise visibility of bathtub from the bedroom. the bath tub is a good size for 2 relatively medium size adults to have a soak and spending romantic moments together.
venue: i love the venue. it is far away from the integrated resort stretch and has its own tranquility, facing one fifteen marina and the personal yachts which are docked along the sides.
best of all, a stretch of independent restaurants is just opposite the hotel and you wont be limited to just hotel's restaurant.
service: we were pleasantly surprised to find a lovely tiramisu cake in our room, complimentary from the hotel after we came back from dinner -it was a very sweet gesture.
checking out: it was alittle chaotic when we checked out though. long q and there was a crossover between checking outs and ins.
could be managed better if they were to stagger check out timings.
pool: there are little gadgets like inflatable chairs, whales, water gun etc available at the pool. i will be bringing my kids back to "test" the family experience in the coming dec holidays. cant wait.

• Stayed: August 2013
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Evie_chua,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback! It was indeed a joy to read your review. I have noted that certain things need improvement and have shared the feedback with my team for further improvement.

I am glad to know you have enjoyed your stay and the facilities at our Hotel.

Look forward to welcome you again in December.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed 3 nights during the Sep school holidays in Singapore. Checked in on Sunday and checked out on Wednesday. Check in was delayed and our first room was ready only at 3.20 pm, althought we arrived at 3 pm. Second room was ready only at about 3.40 pm.

Having read all the complaints about the crowded Kitchen Table for breakfast, was a little apprehensive. But with the opening of Skirt for breakfast too, it was not too bad. We preferred to be seated in Skirt rather than the Kitchen Table as the latter was too crowded and noisy.

Room was nice, with beautiful furnishings and fixtures. No complaints there. Kids loved the pool, with the beach balls, mattresses and pool noodles. The pool is huge so even though there were many guests in the pool, it did not feel crowded.

Also read previous reviews which complained about the slow room service. We had room service for dinner twice and had no issue, with the food arriving within 30 minutes.

Overall a good experience but next time, I will avoid the weekend.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear htkl,

Thank you very much for your nice feedback! I shall share your feedback with my team. Sorry to know about the delay in your check-in, we do our best to ensure our guest get to check-in on time. However there are sometimes when the previous guest does not check-out on time causing the delay. I hope you will consider this as a one off case.

I am glad to know you enjoyed our pool, design and in-room dining service.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

When I first entered the room, I was very impressed. The decor with the lights, carpeting and art pieces were very impressive, making the stay relaxing.
However, our check-in was delayed. The staff apologized and soon got the room ready.
The room service was efficient, and the hotel provided good food during meals, as well as during the breakfast buffet. There was a wide range of choices, and was very tasty.
Rooms were comfortable, the beds and decorations provided relaxation.
The pool was very large and interesting. Even thigh there were many people there at some times, it never seemed crowded. The available bouncy balls and air mattresses was a nice touch :)
Overall, it was a very good stay, and I hope to come back again :)

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear jaimetan123,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback! I am indeed thankful to read your review and for sure I will share your feedback with my team. Sorry to know about the delay in your check-in, however I am glad to know that our talents apologised and soon got your room ready.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The service is very poor at W Singapore, staff understanding of service requires urgent addressing by management. If you are looking at a true 5 star hotel with 5 star services, try the St Regis Singapore. Same price, better rooms and overall a true 5 star experience.

Example:

Check in: No understanding of SPG membership and comments on check that 2pm was check in time without finding a solutions or upselling to a half day if required.
Negative words was my first experience, it did not get any better. Last night I requested turn down three time over four hours. No phone call and no one turned up.
Morning, I asked for the room to be cleaned. Response, we clean after 2pm.
This hotel may have 5 star facilities but 3 star service. Back to St Regis.

First and last stay at W Singapore.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Camerong

Dear Camerong,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to learn about your experience. I have briefed my welcome team and style team about your experience. We believe in delivering impeccable service to all our guests. We should have offered to clean your room at the time you requested, I have brought it to the notice of our style team and reiterated to ensure this happens. We value your loyalty as an SPG Member.

We hope you will give us another chance to turn around your previous experience and if you decide to do so, please do get in touch with me.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed in W sentosa cove for 1night to celebrate my girlfriend birthday, checking in was very smooth and fast, but I was given no information about accessing the pool and breakfast timing/venue. It actually got the feeling of a city hotel because its like they just focus on been quick in giving business traveller their room like in city hotel but oh well maybe cos Im a local.. The lobby looks really grand upon arrival, with nice lighting at the stairs especially at night;) However no doorman assist me as both of them are busy helping a foreigner to board his taxi which I find it werid..When I went to Shangri La Rasa Sentosa Resort their doorman was really friendly and greet me straight after I exit..cant find it at W Sentosa thou..

The room I book was a Fabulous Room and everything looks brand new, the best thing is the big balcony that I have! Ordered a club sandwhich through in room dining and I have to say, thats the best club sandwhich I ever had compared to all my stay in previous starwood properties;) TV was big with alot of channels, in-room movie cost around $19SGD for 1 movie and Im not sure it will last throughout the stay or just a 1 time viewing, best thing is free Wifi is avaliable in room which is rare for starwood properties;) Their IPod docking system doesn't work for me but I didn't bother calling them as its a minor problem for me.. We ordered In room dining again for our dinner and it was delivered promptly, the lady that delivered the food was very friendly and cheerful, sadly I forgot her name! Theres a Cold Storage and 7-11 nearby so you don't have to worry about stocking up mineral water or snacks, of course theres also an in room mini bar too;) Pillow was totally flat! Its not even considered soft, I have to pile the 2 pillow in order for me to sleep! Not a problem for us thou as we are just staying one night;)

The resort has a strange tactic to keep outsider away from swimming pool, they block the grand staircase leading to the pool at the lobby, at first I thought there was an event and the entire pool is reserve for them..When I went to collect my pool towel I was told the grand staircase were only used for events now and were remained block for security reason..I understand the point but why wasn't I inform about this during check-in or why are there no such information given in the room? In order for you to access the pool through level 1 you need your key cards as you are required to scan just like how you access your room.. Resort operates free shuttle bus service to Vivo City which is a good touch as you might get bored of the place and its quite hard to get a taxi staying so deep down in Sentosa.

Breakfast was quite chaotic and cramp, infact the restaurant was so small that it felt very squeezy at some point unless you sit outside which we did, lesser variety compared to other starwood that I stayed in.. I wasn't offered any coffee or tea until another waitress notice I didn't have any coffee or tea on my table, its funny when you think about it, I actually thought I have to take the coffee and tea myself..

Overall W Sentosa Cove is not a bad resort as its located deep in a corner of Sentosa and its quiet and calm environment is really relaxing, but the staff really need to provide more information about the resort itself..I will stay here again for the calm surrounding thou;)

Room Tip: For Fabulous room get the few corner room as they have bigger balcony than all the other room catego...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Kelele_10,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to know that you had a good stay with us however, sorry to learn about some of your experiences that were not at par with our service delivery. I have brought your feedback to the notice of our welcome team. Informing guest about breakfast time/venue served, pool access is part of our standard and I assure you that every talent must follow it. I have scheduled a quick refresher for the talents to remind them of this.
We serve all our guests equally; I have reiterated the same to our welcome ambassadors to always have one talent opening the door for all the guests.

In regards to our breakfast, I am pleased to inform you that we have now opened “Skirt” our second restaurant for breakfast, do hope you will come again soon and see the improvement.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I checked in W Singapore for the weekend and generally it is a very stylish hotel but i just found the hotel alittle crowed on the weekend. The service was generally good but several things were slightly disappointing that they didn't manage to provide us with the late check out promised within the VIP membership program.

Location is alittle far out from town so this may be some consideration for tourist.

The suite room that i was in was alittle worn and one of the drawers was not functioning very well, expected more up keeping of the furniture in the room of the standard of the hotel.

The breakfast was also alittle disappointing as the selection was not very wide and at the same time the seating area was relatively cramped. There was also a line at the breakfast area and had to wait for 5-10mins to be seated.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Ickcee,

Thank you for your comment. I am sorry to learn about your overall experience. We are quite busy during the weekends, since a lot of local guest patronize our hotel and which is the reason why we could not offer you a late check-out. In a situation that we are not busy and do not need the room for the next arrival guest, we would love to extend you a check-out by an hour or two.

Our style team inspects all the rooms prior to releasing them. I have asked them to bring such cases to my notice, so that we can ensure all our furniture in the rooms are in tip-top condition.
We understand that we are away from the city, but our main objective is to have a place to escape, rest and relax. However we are just 15 minutes’ drive away from the city centre and have regular shuttle bus that shuttles our hotel guest to Resorts world, Vivo city, ION orchard and marina bay financial centre.

With regards to our breakfast, I am pleased to inform you that we have now opened “Skirt” our second restaurant for breakfast, do hope you will come again soon and see the improvement!

Best regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is excellent, room was huge and clean, nothing to pick on. Excellent breakfast choice, dinner was good.
Location far away from attractions, we were aware of, so no problem for us. Shuttle service available but not frequent.
Get to the point: when our car heading to car park direction, was waved by a doorman to the front porch, he directed we park at opposite building with chargable parking fee, It was pouring at that time, I told him that we are checking in, he seem unable to hear me and kept telling us the car park was full (but it wasn't). After I tell him firmly with my reservation paper, he turned to someone and we only allowed to park our not fancy car at the plenty slots car park. This was my first impression to this hotel, you only need one person with one attitude to ruin our holiday. Well, apparently not one, two to be exact, waiting at the front desk. The attitude, the way she spoke, no, not a good start at all. No information given while checking in, we have to find our way in a hard way. She even gave a wrong info that she told us no shuttle to take us back to hotel, we can only take a cab (we found out at the concierge later that there was a shuttle back) we were asked to sit at the lobby for 10 minutes so she could confirm with the housekeeping that our rollaway bed for my 12 years old child is in the room. Mean time we sat blankly at the lobby, she won't pass the wifi password as she said she will pass together with the room card when she confirms with housekeeping. She disappeared from the counter. 10 minutes later, she passed the key to us and told us the rollaway bed was in the room. Not in this case, nothing in the room. We have to call housekeeping for the bed, and wonder why we wasted 10 minutes for nothing.
The attitude and lack of knowledge were these 2 staffs that I encountered. Other staffs were more friendly and courtesy.
The system was another big issue in this hotel, whatever whenever they promised won't be in the system. We felt so happy when the duty manager called to offer my daughter free breakfast on the next morning after I wasn't happy that during our breakfast and dinner, the staff will asked for her age (12), probably she is taller. Well, the next morning during breakfast, the bill still came to us, told them about the complimentary breakfast offered from duty manager a night before, they ensured no charges in the bill. When I settled my bill, the charges was still there. I have to inform the front desk, which she said she will check. It was supposed to be a nice touch, we ended up like begging for a meal. This is absolutely not not a good experience from the time I step in till the moment I step out. NO!
I was there to celebrate my birthday with my family, we just wanted a quiet peaceful 3 days 2 nights, it ruined, and unable to get back, the bad memory about this hotel will be last forever.
If u like me booked the room over 5 months ago, and only found the email with one amount, and I called the hotel to check if my room rate was nett, the person told me it was nett. Not my case again. Bad bad bad.
Overall, the hotel is good. Many staff still willing to offer help. The system is totally mess. And you need only few to ruin your luxury hotel impression. And totally ruined my stay that I couldn't get it back, this review will remind me to stay away from it! No more next time.

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
#9 of 13 in Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#40 of 317 in Singapore

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!