“Unique hotel in Singapore, great pool” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of W Singapore Sentosa Cove

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Unique hotel in Singapore, great pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Enjoyed the pool tremendously. It is big, has a swim up bar, many floats available to play, music underwater, etc. My young kids enjoyed it too.

Room is spacious (Wonderful room) and has many nice, unique features. However, the sliding door to the bathtub is not splash proof, so water leaks onto the carpet in the room (when kids are playing in the tub). Many design features, but not sure if it is really practical. The ledge by the window and the spacious shower and toilet area is appreciated. I dont really like the bed (personal preference) as it is soft for me, but it does feel comfortable sheets wise. My wife loved the bed though.

Throughout the hotel, there are nice stuff that are unique, such as some sculptures, having a Deejay, interactive menu at the table near the DJ, lighting, kaleidoscope tv, etc.

Check in and check out is not so great though. It takes longer than expected as some of the staff seems to be unfamiliar with their system. .

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but fabulous rooms are those with the pool view. Mine is wonderful, so i dont ha...
1 Thank SingaporeMartin
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hello SingaporeMartin,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you and your family stayed with us on your recent trip.
Our designers brought the New York attitude mixed in with a bit of Singapore city flare. Cool music fills in the space whether you are in the lobby, in the elevator or underwater in the pool. I am glad your wife likes our bed, our furniture and our artworks in the hotel.

In regards to your comments of our check in/out counters and the bath tub, I will share your comments with my welcome team and Engineering team for improvement.

We hope you will come visit us again soon.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (376)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed a night at the Away Room to surprise and celebrate my wife Birthday before our 1st newborn.

The excellent services was felt even before I've checked in. GRO Nabilla Hasim was really sweet to prepare a surprise birthday cake for my wife after knowing my intention. The ladies at the Concierge display great professionalism during our check in process and CRO Corrine (I hope I spelled her name correctly) make an effort to show us to our room. The rooms decor is great and my wife loves the plunge pool.

The room we stayed in was better than what I have expected and my wife is delighted when she saw the cake placed in the room after we entered.

Although a small incident occurs hours later, the duty manager (Pardon me for not getting your name) in charge was quick in offering a thorough room cleaning while settling us in the woobar for complimentary drinks.

Overall we had a great stay and will definitely come again and recommend to our friends too.

Keep up the good job, W Hotel!

Cheers,
Tan

1 Thank Terard
Hello Terard,

Thank you for your review. We wish you could have stayed longer also. We love giving our excellent personal service to make your stay special. I will share your feedback with my team, especially with Nabilla and Corrine, I am sure they will be happy to hear from you. We hope to welcome you back soon and please let us know when you plan your next visit.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Appearance: 5/5
the hotel is well decorated in a contemporary setting (a lot of thoughts went into the design which is evident through out its lobby, facilities and corridors). Got nothing but praise for the appearance of the hotel. Guests are greeted with abstract glass mushrooms as wall decoration on each floor (resembling Dale Chihuly's work, but it may not be), and the lobby exhibits a bronze recreation of Auguste Rodin's Eternal Spring. Even lobby bathrooms have exotic marble flooring. Great taste!

Service: 5/5
Saw a few reviews complaining about the hotel service. Maybe I was lucky, but I find the hotel service to be one of the best I've ever encountered in Singapore. Everyone from lobby receptionist, maintenance worker, pool guy, restaurant waiter to Batista greeted us with a smile and were polite / eager to please. The pool and gym are available to guests 24 hours a day allowing everyone for dip or workout at anytime you feel like.

Transportation: 3/5
Shuttle bus service is available for drop-off and pickup during various periods of the day. The hotel is not the most ideal place for people looking to see the rest of Singapore (even if you are driving), but it's the perfect place if you are looking to getaway from city noise and relax by the tranquil pool at a tugged away corner of Singapore.

Shuttle bus timetable displays bus departure time from the hotel (not the time it arrives at the pickup point), so guests have to estimate the approximate bus arrival time based on the traffic condition at the time.

note:
Lighting control in the room was not intuitive nor easy to figure out, and I find the purple neon light in the room to be very disorienting.

Room Tip: If you are not driving to the hotel, then the only mode of transportation will be either the hotel s...
1 Thank Al E
Hello AIE,

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We do have many unique amenities for our guests to make your stay special. We will be sharing your feedback with my team; I believe this would be the best way to motivate them. Our designers incorporated New York and Singapore ’s style with W’s modern cool for a very unique look. We love hearing from our guests in regards to their stays. Please let us know when you plan your next visit and Whatever/Whenever you may need.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are a family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 6 & 2. We came for 1 night stay cation at my daughter's request as it was her birthday (she enjoyed the inflatable animal floats at the pool). This time round reservation was a breeze and we had no issue getting a child roll away bed unlike the first time. The first time was end of last year. The reception is also more friendly and made eye contact. Even when he was not able to answer a question, he politely direct us to the guest relation officer who welcome us. We were returning guests and hubby is SPG gold member so we had a fabulous room this time. Previously we stayed in the wonderful room and I will say both rooms are equally good but the fabulous room had a pool view and being on a high floor we could also see the marina so that felt relaxing. A little cake was provided for my daughter albeit without candles but definitely appreciated. We had a cocktail at the well designed lounge and they were kind to admit children being a hotel bar. When the young ones got a little mischievous and started to run about, I didn't feel any pressure from the staff too. However, I decided to leave quickly after finishing the drink as we do not want to disrupt other guests. I like the room decor, the amenities and comfortable bed and though the price is a tad higher than most other 5 stars hotels in Spore, it can be justified. They have now also added shuttle services to Resorts world (though only 1 way it seems and return trip would be better), and also to Vivo. We didn't get to use it though as we drove in/out with complimentary parking. Overall, an enjoyable staycation for the family. One note though, the door man are not as friendly this time compared to our last stay when it was manned by part-timers/students. The last stay, the hotel was newly opened and though the doorman look young and lacked experience they made up for it by being most friendly.

Hello TeoLK,

Thank you for your review and your loyalty as husband is our SPG gold member and so happy you stayed with us again! We strive to provide excellent personal service to make your stay special and unique. I will be sharing your feedback with my team, I am sure they would be happy to hear from you. As for your comment of our doorman, I will remind my team that they should be more friendly to our guests, again thank you for your comment, much appreciated it. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights after a trip to Maldives. As a Platinum SPG member they upgraded me into one of those marvelous suite facing to the pool. Nice room, nice place, attractive interior, etc. Everything was perfect except the people in their coffee shop (the kitchen). My son and I received a very rude experience from the associates there. First, they tried to deny my son from entry because he was wearing a robe (the hotel's robe) and also the hotel's slipper. After debating for a bit he was allowed to enter with the robe taken off. Luckily he was also wearing a t-shirt and a short inside. We didn't know that they have such a strict dress code after all this hotel is located in an island which is quite far from the city center. And, guests stay in this hotel to relax and wind up a little bit. Besides, I also saw another guest was wearing the same slipper in the restaurant. After all, it was breakfast time and like my son, he went straight to breakfast from the swimming pool. Second bad experience also happened at the Kitchen restaurant. It was 11am and they rudely inform us who were still finishing our dim sum to leave the restaurant because they were starting their lunch buffet. I was amazed that they did that to us since it was completely empty and there was no line of people going into the restaurant. They even gave me a bad look when I said I would need another 5 to 10 minutes to finish my breakfast. I didn't know why with these people but my breakfast experience certainly went wrong in this brand new hotel!!

Room Tip: Pool view rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GeorgeSingapore
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Hello GeorgeSingapore,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We understand it can be frustrating when you are travelling on your personal time, especially for pleasure, and your expectations are not met.

I have shared your comments with my team at the kitchen table; they should be more friendly and helpful to our guests. We hope you will give us another shot, and if so, please do not hesitate to reach out to us, we will do our best to bring you and your family a memorable stay.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We booked here as a last minute treat after getting married. It was exceptional from the decor, food, drinks and the room. Special mention to the front desk personnel as well as Anna, one of the guest relation officers. They made it truly memorable and spoiled us with many many treats. Oh and the bar staff who entertained us with his creative cocktails and cucumber carving skills and Mike who was great serving us afternoon tea. Fabulous service all around, a truly memorable way to spend a special occasion!

Hello Euanbeer,

Thank you for sharing your great review with us. I am very pleased to hear your stay with us at W Singapore Sentosa Cove during your big day celebrations.

Thank you for your kind words on my team. This is greatly appreciated and I will certainly share this with all of them.

I look forward to your return to W Singapore Sentosa Cove.

Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights over the weekend with our 3 kids, aged 9,6 and 1.

The Fabulous room was sufficient for all of us and it was clean, comfortable and spacious.

I liked the location of the hotel too with an amazing view from our room.

The pool, gym were great and well-quipped. My kids loved the pool though it did get a tad crowded on saturday. It was strange though that when we went to the pool, they told us there was a limit to the number of towels per room though when staff saw that we had 3 kids, gave us more towels. We also got to see a famous football star which made my husband's weekend.

And I loved the buffet breakfast at the Kitchen Table. Not a huge selection but good quality, well-presented food (which is more important).

The only gripe i have is the lack of a shuttle service from the hotel to other parts of sentosa island. It was ok as we had our car with us but I would think it is not so convenient for overseas guest.

Hello alow,
Thank you for sharing your great review with us. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, including our excellent location and the service provided to you by my Team. These warming comments hold great value and I will definitely be sharing these with my entire team.
Please let me share with you that we provide shuttle bus transfer between our hotel to Sentosa island regularly every day. Please do check with our talents next time when you visit. We would be more than happy to assist you!

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#33 of 308 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 20,758 reviews

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!