“WOW”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“WOW”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Glad I picked this hotel, was deciding between Shangri-La and Movenpick.

My husband and I felt like this was the best hotel experience we ever had at a 5 star hotel. We could feel that W staff were well-trained, very friendly and full of positive energy, which makes our stay wonderful.

We were given a fabulous room and it was true to its name. We had fabulous views of blues and yachts with an outdoor balcony. This part of Sentosa definitely don't feel like singapore, in fact felt like Mauritius or parts of Australia. The ambience was tranquil but yet not boring as the room decor was crazy and surprising.

In the room:
there were a few decorative surprises (for you to find out), and this excites us since both of us enjoy such pieces. Bose sound system spoilt us, mood lightening could have been better, in a sense, they could have been like blinking or moving like in discos (just a crazy wild thought). Room/bathroom were both spacious and bathtub was huge too.

Pool: Great pool view, loved the cabanas, would have been lovely if it has a automatic swinging mechanism lol. I may just sleep there the whole day. (JK) A little bit shallow at 1.2 metres depth but it was ok, guess its for safety reasons.

Spa was great, and as expected, great service from the team.

Gym was petite but equipments were good and running/cycling machines mostly come with cable tv for your viewing pleasure.

Breakfast at kitchen table was great. Being a cold cut lover, I absolutely L O V E the section, rocket salads and cold cuts such as the Iberia, Parma hams, salmon and the cheese platters. Y U M S.
Dining area was abit crowded though, guess it was about the only occasion where we see most of the guests gather. Guests entering and guests taking their food gets crammed up mid-way through the resto.

Dining at SKIRT was great. Review given separately but overall great food and experience, will return again.

Crowd were mainly young couples, tourists and business people. Most importantly, there were no wailing and running kids which can be terribly annoying when you are surrounded by a bunch of them.

Located just outside the hotel was the quayside isle, offering restaurants if you do not wish to dine in the hotel. There were also Jason's market place and the prices were not marked up either. Surprisingly, they sell fresh seafood such as prawns, lobsters, oysters and etc. Bread, lots of wine, cheese and etc.

Hotel surprised us by giving us an anniversary cake, a card and two red wine. We definitely didn't expect this, it was very lovely of them and in the evening, they were very thoughtful as well. There were mints on the bed, water and glass for us to drink at both sides of the bed, big pink bath salt, and also a pot of fresh flower.

Thanks for the attention, wonderful service and experience!

We hope that this will be the same for any W Hotel that we intend to visit in future. ❤

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hello Menippe,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review about us! I really hope all of our guests would have the same feelings as you had with us, I am truly very grateful to read your experience with us and I will certainly share your feedback with my whole team!

We care all of our guests and we want to surprise them whenever there is a chance, please be ready be Wowed by us again soon!

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Deurle, Belgium
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The location is awesome as you are away from crowded Singapore but close enough to head to Marina Bay or Orchard Street to enjoy the vibes of the city.The hotel is new. As you can expect from W hotels the style is design chique. Very nice! The rooms are very clean and comfortable and quiet; we had room 747. The swimming pool is great fun. We loved the pool bar accessible from the water also. And played with the water guns. And relaxed on the water matrasses available for the hotel guests. As always the lounge music follows you every where in the property. Isn't that one of the reasons why we visit W properties. FYI - we bought the cd:-) The gym and the SPA are very nice too. The staff is very friendly and helpfull. We also enjoyed the breakfast. It is excellent but the breakfast area is to small to accomodate all guests at peak hours.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hello AlexisDeVliegher,

Thank you for your nice feedback, I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us! Let me share with you that Music is one our passion point, followed by design and fashion. Do you know our pool open for 24hours? And music plays under the water!

I would also like to share with you that “Skirt” our second restaurant will be opened for breakfast during peak hours or while we run high occupancy.

Please come and stay with us again soon!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by friendly and helpful staff upon arrival. They attended to our requests patiently and attentively.

Room:
When we got to the room, we instantly fell in love with the room! It's design is modern and chic! The room is very spacious for Singapore standard.
The room is thought-fully planned out that there's iPod dock and charger for almost every kind of phone!
There's also surround sound system in the room when u watch movie or just tuning in to MTV channel.

The ONLY Complain I have is, the pillows are way too too too soft!! Else, everything is perfect!

Pool:
The pool is huge! There are floats around the pool for you to use.. FOC! There are ample deck chairs and hammock around for everyone.. :) and best of all, you'll get ice water served free to you on a hot hot day.

Places around W hotel:
If you do not want to dine in the Restuarant, quayside isle is just 15seconds walk away from the hotel. You'll be spoilt for choices Deciding what and where to have for even just a cold beer!

You don't feel like you're in Singapore as this is far from the city and even the over-touristy and crowded RWS. So, this is a really nice get-away / Staycation for the weekend.
However, for tourists visiting Singapore, unless you don't mind spending sgd 20 or so to get to town, this might not be the most ideally-located hotel choice.

• Stayed May 2013
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Hello Jia17,
Thank you for your lovely feedback and I am so glad you enjoyed the room with model design and set up. Also for the pool, it is just simply awesome; especially our pool opens for 24 hours! Thank you for your compliments and I will share with my team as I am sure they will be happy to know and this will be the best way to motivate them as well.

I would like to share with you that we also have hard pillows in the guestroom; you may find them placed in the wardrobe. Sorry about this as our talents should have told you at the welcome desk.
Again, I am grateful to read your feedback, please do come and chill with us again soon!

Hong Kong
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Music was playing in a neighbouring room until 4 am in the morning , which prevented me from sleeping. Staff was unable to help despite repeated calls to the "whenever whatever" service line.

I requested room to be made up various times , but by his return from his evening dinner, nothing had been done.

Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Andy O
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hello Andy O,
Thank you for your comment, I am very sorry to learn about your experience. I have shared your comment with my team and your case is now under investigation. Again please accept my apology for your experience; I do hope that you will give us a chance to welcome you again.
Look forward to welcoming you again.
singapore
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Once checked in at W hotel was good and efficient. In fact the front desk staff were great. Very personal, warmth but not intimidating.

The rooms are spacious, amenities was good and the view was average. Don't expect a full sea view and best not to compare the view and the ambient with that of W, Bali or some other Beach Resort hotel.

However, there were a few areas that were below the W standard.

1. The Restaurant serving the daily breakfast.

I was rather disappointed and appalled by the layout of the restaurant. When I was there on a weekend, the hotel was full. But the restaurant is simply not design to cope with a full house. I was ushered to a table for two and the next table on my left and right is just less than 10 cm away. So if are expecting a cosy and relaxing breakfast with your love one, forget it. In fact, both my friend and me, preferred not to talk during breakfast, because our neighbor was just too closed for comfort. Also the space was so, I had to place my newspaper on the floor and each time when I want to read, I will need to kneel down to get my papers. Furthermore, the breakfast area was so packed both the staff and the guests, I could hardly sit down and enjoy a relaxing breakfast. This was rather ironic, given the hotel is located in Sentosa, which position itself a hotel away from the city, but the breakfast experience was liken having my meal at the hawker centre, an expensive hawker centre. So if you are expecting a relaxing breakfast forget it, I would suggest you get room service.

Another area for the hotel to work on is the room service. It took the house keeping almost 20 minutes to deliver the extra towels that we had requested.

The overall experience in W Singapore Sentosa Cove was good. But for the price you pay, I don't think it was really value for me. Perhaps a week day stay would be better.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello Chrissing,

Thank you for feedback. I am glad you are happy with our talents (staffs), We W constantly strive to provide excellent personal services to all of our guests. We simple care! I will share your feedback with my team and I am sure this is the best way to motivate them.

In regards to your comment of our breakfast, I am sorry to learn about your disappointment as we are also aware of the situation. I would like to share with you that we will open “Skirt” restaurant for breakfast when the occupancy is high.

As for your comment for the towel, I will follow up with Style team (housekeeping) and share your comment with them for improvement.

Also in order for us to give you options for your next visit, please allow me to keep your profile in record for reference.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went there for a summer beach club party organised by Veuve cliquot. After ordering a bottle organised with this brand, waited for 30min. The waiter came and said: the bottle will come in 5min. Waited another 10 min and left. Is it a joke? Was the bottle shipped from France?

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank barnabo
Hello Barnabo,
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry about your experience. I will follow up with my team and make sure it will not happen again. Again thank you for your comment, I do appreciate it.
Hope to see you again soon.
Reviewed May 11, 2013

From the moment of arrival until departure, we were spoilt. Enjoyed every moment. Great hotel gives the impression of being a boutique W Hotel. The pool is great. The rooms are spacious and the views were just amazing. Located on the Quai very convenient and great promonade with wide selection of restaurants and bars. The location felt very residential, calm, peaceful and thus a great escape for a short break. Will definitely go back

Room Tip: Any room is a good room