“A Good Experience, but can be better”

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Once checked in at W hotel was good and efficient. In fact the front desk staff were great. Very personal, warmth but not intimidating.

The rooms are spacious, amenities was good and the view was average. Don't expect a full sea view and best not to compare the view and the ambient with that of W, Bali or some other Beach Resort hotel.

However, there were a few areas that were below the W standard.

1. The Restaurant serving the daily breakfast.

I was rather disappointed and appalled by the layout of the restaurant. When I was there on a weekend, the hotel was full. But the restaurant is simply not design to cope with a full house. I was ushered to a table for two and the next table on my left and right is just less than 10 cm away. So if are expecting a cosy and relaxing breakfast with your love one, forget it. In fact, both my friend and me, preferred not to talk during breakfast, because our neighbor was just too closed for comfort. Also the space was so, I had to place my newspaper on the floor and each time when I want to read, I will need to kneel down to get my papers. Furthermore, the breakfast area was so packed both the staff and the guests, I could hardly sit down and enjoy a relaxing breakfast. This was rather ironic, given the hotel is located in Sentosa, which position itself a hotel away from the city, but the breakfast experience was liken having my meal at the hawker centre, an expensive hawker centre. So if you are expecting a relaxing breakfast forget it, I would suggest you get room service.

Another area for the hotel to work on is the room service. It took the house keeping almost 20 minutes to deliver the extra towels that we had requested.

The overall experience in W Singapore Sentosa Cove was good. But for the price you pay, I don't think it was really value for me. Perhaps a week day stay would be better.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Hello Chrissing,

Thank you for feedback. I am glad you are happy with our talents (staffs), We W constantly strive to provide excellent personal services to all of our guests. We simple care! I will share your feedback with my team and I am sure this is the best way to motivate them.

In regards to your comment of our breakfast, I am sorry to learn about your disappointment as we are also aware of the situation. I would like to share with you that we will open “Skirt” restaurant for breakfast when the occupancy is high.

As for your comment for the towel, I will follow up with Style team (housekeeping) and share your comment with them for improvement.

Also in order for us to give you options for your next visit, please allow me to keep your profile in record for reference.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,995)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went there for a summer beach club party organised by Veuve cliquot. After ordering a bottle organised with this brand, waited for 30min. The waiter came and said: the bottle will come in 5min. Waited another 10 min and left. Is it a joke? Was the bottle shipped from France?

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank barnabo
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Hello Barnabo,
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry about your experience. I will follow up with my team and make sure it will not happen again. Again thank you for your comment, I do appreciate it.
Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

From the moment of arrival until departure, we were spoilt. Enjoyed every moment. Great hotel gives the impression of being a boutique W Hotel. The pool is great. The rooms are spacious and the views were just amazing. Located on the Quai very convenient and great promonade with wide selection of restaurants and bars. The location felt very residential, calm, peaceful and thus a great escape for a short break. Will definitely go back

Room Tip: Any room is a good room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Infopal,

Thank you for your lovely feedback, I am glad to read you had such a wonderful stay with us!
Do come by and chill with us again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We checked in at W Hotel and upon registration took pictures of this beautiful hotel! You have to get up to their 2nd floor for the guest registration. The lobby has the spectacular view of the pool and has a spacious receiving area for guests. The room is fabulous as we had the view overlooking of yachts at the Quayside. A short distance from the hotel is a wide selection of restaurants, different cuisine to choose from. We were ready to make a reservation at the Japanese restaurant but unfortunatel they are closed during Mondays. We tried Trattoria, an Italian restaurant and we were happy that we chose it. Their seafood pasta and pizza were delicious and we can't help but get another serving of it. Truly an Italian restaurant that serves only the best ingredients! The Kitchen table buffet breakfast was well prepared with dozen choices of fresh fruits, fresh fruit juices and a wide array of food to choose from!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Batis

Hello Batis,
Thank you for your nice feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please do come again and let us have a chance to Wow you again!

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

a beautiful hotel but never ever again. worst service standards of any starwood property I have ever visited. a 3 star hotel has better service than this hotel.

despite a bad experience during my 1st stay in february, we decided to give it another go this stay. howevr, nothing has improved. staff are rude and with the exception of a very young trainee JJ who returns to thailand on our 3rd day here, nothing could possibly redeem this hotel from the poor standard of service. from the moment we arrived at the hotel we were astonished by how starwood or w could live up to its reputation with their service staff's standards.

pillows were incredibly soft and instead of a well rested staycation, I returning back to work with a terrible shoulder and neck ache. staff are unsympathetic towards any problems guests face and will argue over any situation at all. call their whenever/whatever service for any requests at all and highly likely they will tell you whatever instead. I could not even get my room made up after returning from a trip to the marine life park.

all the beauty in this hotel could not make up for the way I was treated here.

• Stayed: May 2013
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Hello Sierraxrray,

Thank you for your comments, I am very sorry for your experience and I have reviewed your comments with my team and please be rest assured that I am taking it seriously. I will certainly monitor closely on my team performance and proper action will be taken for improvement.

In regards to our pillows, I feel sorry for your neck and Shoulder as my team should have told you we have 2 types of pillows can be used in our guest room, 4 soft pillows on the bed and 2 hard pillows are placed on the shelf in the wardrobe.

Again, I am sorry about your experience and I do hope you will give us a chance to welcome you again.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I am a avid fan of W hotels. I was so excited when they finally opened one here in Singapore. We went to Skirt for my husbands birthday and absolutely loved it. There were some issues when I was trying to make a reservation but was immediately attended too by the agent that is taking care of the facebook account. Upon entering the W you can tell that it ranks high as the other W in the world. We had a couple of drinks at the bar and loved it.

I just wanted to say that the food and service at SKIRT is FANTASTIC and the attention given by Serena and Navin was truly spectacular!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Evelynmdy,

Thank you for your nice feedback, I am so glad you had a good time with your husband with us. We W strive to provide excellent personal service to our guest. I will certainly share your comment with my team, especial with SKIRT, Serena and Navin!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Being based in Singapore, we sometimes like to stay in the country while enjoying the 'away' feel of Sentosa.

The W despite not having a beach location compensate with stunning architecture and one of the best pool ever.

I celebrated my birthday there with a group of friends and were really well taken care of. The pool is warm (which I really like) and it makes it very enjoyable to soak for a few hours.

I leave every time refreshed and happy.

Breakfast can be a bit hectic and disorganized but the food selection has been improving since the opening (we have been back 3 times).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnSINSG
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Hello JohnSINSG,
Thank you for your feedback, I do appreciate your support and loyalty to us.
I am glad you had a memorable birthday celebration with us and please do come by and chill by the pool again soon!
Also, I would like to thank you for your comment about our breakfast; I will certainly share with my team for better arrangement.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
#10 of 13 in Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#40 of 317 in Singapore

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!