“Average, given its reputation”

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore
“Average, given its reputation”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

When you plan a visit to a property like the new W hotel at the prestigious Sentosa Cove area, you come with huge expectations. Whilst the overall property is nice, service and food standards are just average.
There are different sections in the pool area so its great with you're with family as the kids are safe in the shallow pools.
We booked a room on the ground level with our own pool so that was great for our young kids.
Having traveled alot, there are properties and service staff that leave a lasting impression and you remember that for quite awhile.. W hotel was ok - it met the average stay-eat-play needs but nothing more.

Room Tip: there are special rooms on the ground floor next to the spa where you get your own mini pool.. great...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Hello Ping_Singapore,
Thank you for your comments and I am glad you enjoyed staying with us.
We W constantly strive to provide better services if possible; we are not just trying to meet your expectations but to exceed them. We treasure your opinion and advice, would be most grateful if you can share a bit more of your advice with me when you come by next time, I will certainly take your advice for improvement.
Look forward to welcoming you again.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We booked a night with W Singapore to celebrate our anniversary and we had booked the Away Room for the night. I had called in to W Hotel 2days before the check in to reserve a baby crib and a baby bathtub for my 3mth old son as well as to check with the GRO if they could prepare a surprise for my hubby since it was our anniversary. My requests were promised and an email was sent to me as a confirmation. However, upon check in, there were no baby crib, no baby bath tub and no surprise (as promised by the GRO). I was indeed very disappointed as I was hoping everything would have been prepared accordingly when I checked in. Although there were apologies from the staffs, but I have to repeat my requests to a few different staffs.. Service was not prompt and we had to wait for a long time for them to send the baby crib and bath tub to my room. They did send a cake and 2glasses of red wine to my room later in the day but it defeat the purpose of giving my hubby a surprise. And I was a little disappointed that there isn't a coffee machine in the room which most 5star hotels would provide. I would have expect more from W Hotel for the good service and quality of the stay. However the only thing we like about the stay was the plunge pool. I had stayed in other 5star hotels in sg and W Singapore's service is no where near to any of the hotels i had stayed in.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Xiuyun
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello Xiuyun,

Thank you for our comments, I am deeply sorry for not being able to deliver you our W experience, please accept my sincere apology.

I have shared your comment with my team and this is simply unacceptable, we as W constantly strive to provide better services if possible, please be assured that I will take it seriously and remind my team not to make the same mistake again.

I would like to share with you that there is no coffee machine but kettle in our room, except in our suite room, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let us welcome you and your family again.

Singapore
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is by far the dullest and least hip W that I have ever been staying compared to Seoul, Taipei and Hong Kong. The interior decoration from lobby, bar, restaurant to rooms are second rate W style and rather cheap.

The famous Woobar is so uninspiring. The decor on the column pillar by the bar, only my grandma would have approved it. Or maybe not!

To start at check in our room was not ready upon arrival at 3 pm. We were given a welcome drink at the bar, but there was no follow-up, nobody came to tell us, when we can go to our room. finally, we went to reception to be told our room is still not ready.... after making some noise they cam back to give us the room key. asking for our luggage again no clue. we had to call to ask for our luggage. Then we went to the pool with a bottle of wine to chill out but was sternly informed by the staff that no outside drinks are allowed. Even if we order some drinks from them first. That already half ruin the fun afternoon.

Morning breakfast - who would have thought the food served, especially the Asian spreads are in such poor quality. I must say this is the worst hotel breakfast I've ever had. Staff are not attentive and not engaging at empty plates are all over the tables long after guests have left.

To end on a positive note, the gym equipment and layout were well thought of. Just perfect!!

So, in summary, give it a miss if you are an ardent W fan. Not worth the money! .

Room Tip: Take the pool view facing room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hakapuka
Hello hakapuka,

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate your time for writing this email and I am sorry about your experience with us, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay.

In regards to your comments about our breakfast and talents, I will certainty take your comments into consideration for improvement.

Please allow me to take this opportunity to share with you that we have an official check in time at 3pm, please let us know in advance if early check in will be required especially during our high occupancy period. Please be assured that we will try our best to make it happen for all of our guests if possible.

I am sorry that our talents did not make it very clear to you, outside drinks / bottles are allowed by the pool, but applicable corkage fee will be charged. Also for safety reason we must serve drinks in a plastic glass, your understanding will be highly appreciated.

Please give us a chance to Wow you again.

Aqaba, Jordan
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My expectations of a W hotel very high, this hotel was really great in every sense. It is stylish, rooms are big and comfortable, service is good, I enjoyed the breakfast , reception girl was not that good in welcome us but all the staff was great and helpful . i hope i will go there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Hello RomaDonald,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share your comment with my team and remind them to be friendlier towards guests.

Please do come and stay with us again soon!

ID
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I got marina view room at their highest floor (7th floor).
Me and my wife think that the view is stunning. Room is in very good condition because this hotel is still less than 1 year old.
Breakfast is better in W Bali, but overall this hotel is very recommended for relaxation.
Lots of dining option near the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hello AndyYenny,

Thank you for your feedback, I am sure you enjoyed the panoramic views of the pool and South China Sea from the room and I hope you also like the color changing lights under the bed as it is a little in room entertainment!

Look forward to welcoming you again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 15, 2013

It's definitely worth every dollar i paid! I booked it to surprise my partner as we were celebrating our anniversary and W hotel didn't fail us! Just like what my friends have experienced, W hotel was fabulous in every nook and cranny! We were upgraded and got a congratulatory yummy cake from their team. A very thoughtful gesture from them.

Room was spacious. Our balcony overlooked the pool and the dock with all the lovely yachts. Full size mirror. Modern & Funky Designs. Their bathtub? Soak while watching tv as their glass panel could be moved. Choose which lighting mood you want, from hello, escape to flirt. You can also get sun tanning lotion or sunblock for free in their pool booth. Some waterguns and pool toys are also available. We didn't take the breakfast as we found out pricey but we tried Skirt for dinner and likewise, it was a lovely night.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Bunnchen,

Thank you for your nice feedback, I am glad you had a lovely stay with us and I hope that you and your partner had a memorable anniversary.

Our rooms are sure to impress with a highlight being “Fabulous”! Design is one of our passion points, followed by fashion and music.

Please do come by and chill with us again!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great funky hotel, rooms have mood lighting with different coloured LEDs to play with. BOSE system and cable tv come standard.
Rooms are generally large and spacious, can be a tad cold at night.
Fantastic restaurants and excellent cocktails.
Overall a pleasant stay !

Room Tip: Rooms are generally quite big so a standard room is good enough. Pay more only if you really want a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello ClemZ,

Thank you for your nice feedback! I am sure you are in love with our funky furniture, artwork and purple lights, with the creativity that’s comes from W hotel Group. Please do come again and get ready to be WOWed by us again.

Look forward to welcoming you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
#9 of 13 in Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#35 of 306 in Singapore

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!