“Outstanding in every way!”

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Woodley, United Kingdom
“Outstanding in every way!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

It's hard to believe the W Sentosa isn't at the very top of the Tripadvisor list because it's such a fabulous hotel, I think this says more about the area it's in than the hotel itself though as it really is excellent. I only got to stay for a single night on a layover between Australia and the UK, but I wish I could have stayed longer.

The rooms are typical W, so incredibly stylish with lots of great mood lighting and clever touches to keep you amused. They are a little bigger than at some other W hotels, like Barcelona and Hong Kong for example, although this is a newer property. Breakfast was great, although not amazing but the staff were brilliant. The WooBar off the lobby was okay, again, amazing staff but the seats were a little uncomfortable which I suppose is the price you pay for style. Downstairs both the gym and spa are fantastic, the gym being a good size, well stocked and with lots of natural light, a great place to work out.

As has been mentioned before, the pool is the star, it's huge, the temperature is just perfect, it has a great bar and the staff are, once again, fantastic. I checked out in the morning and went into Singapore to explore but was able to use the pool on my return that afternoon before catching a taxi to the airport and, as a departing guest, I was offered the use of the spa showers before leaving, a really nice touch that meant I didn't have to use the smaller, and more public, poolside changing room before heading off to catch my flight to London.

It's hard to not to keep praising the staff here because they are all just superb, I felt totally looked after and nothing was too much bother. On top of this, they offered suggestions and support that I hadn't even considered, such as offering to pre-order my taxis into town and to the airport whilst bringing my bags to my room and suggesting places to eat in Little India whilst I was visiting (Komala Vilas and, yes, it was fantastic).

Stuff like this makes a huge difference because it makes your visit hassle-free and it was this kind of attention to detail that really delighted me. After all, the funky decor and hip soundtrack are a given, this is a W, but the staff really make this particular W exceptional. Thank you all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Look_Left
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hello Look_left,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, I am glad to know you had such a great experience with us even just for 1 night! We as W hotel constantly strive to provide excellent personal services to Wow our guests. I will certainly share your comments with my team, I am sure they will be happy to hear your compliments! Please come and stay with us longer next time!

Look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Bought my wife and my 2.5 year old boy for a 2 night stay at W. Certainly a hip hotel. We stayed at Wonderful Room @ 511. View nothing great but happy with the size of the room and amenities. Breakfast was great at Kitchen Table and since Quayside Isle is opened, you would have more options to eat. We love the pool!!

One miss is when our little boy was coughing and had stained the quilt. We called for help and although it was about 130am, help came within 10 mins. However, the personnel which came, just came with the replacement quilt, and just put it on the bed without making it up for us. I thought she wasn't returning again after taking the stained quilt away. I had to call again for her to make the bed up. For a hotel of this class, i expected that to be done without having to prompt for it.

Overall, we like this hotel and may return again. Good venue to get away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ThomasChoo
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hello Thomas,

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad you enjoyed staying with us with your family for 2 nights.
I will share your comment about our frontline staff with my team and remind them to be more proactive, to offer better services without guests asking for it.

Please come and let us welcome you again!

Singapore River, Singapore
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We've stayed in the W Singapore > 7 times since it opened and have seen it go from strength to strength. Ealier reviews mentioned many of the initial kinks and teething issues common with a new hotel - these have been worked out, and the hotel is now running smoothly.

The hotel is on Sentosa Island which is connected to the main Singapore island by a road bridge ~ 0.8km long. Sentosa is billed as a resort island, with the RWS casino & Universal Studios Singapore as the headline attractions. It has many other attractions which are worth considering. A part of Sentosa is also given up to high-end residential units, and the W Singapore is situated in the enclave named Sentosa Cove, next to the marina.

This is both good and bad - you are away from the noise and bustle of the city, but that also means you are further from the conveniences like cheap food, shopping and the like. Transport in and out of the hotel is one of the bugbears. Walking is not feasible. Options include car, taxi, hotel shuttle (timetable on website), and a 5-min walk to Cove Arrival Plaza and using the free Sentosa Bus 3. The most glamourous would be to sail up to the hotel by yacht :)

Quayside Isle is a new shopping and dining area just opposite the hotel, with moderate and high-end restaurants, and a higher-end supermarket (Jasons).

The hotel exudes W vibe, and can stand shoulder to shoulder with any of the other W resorts worldwide. The rooms are large and well-appointed; with multiple choices of mood LED lighting. Wonderful rooms face the driveway, while Spectacular and Fabulous rooms face the pool and marina and have a balcony - if budget allows go for the Fabulous rooms. For families of 4 the double beds are big enough with a little squeezing. The AWAY rooms are meant for couples and are on the ground floor next to the spa. Decor is quite different from the other rooms, and each have an outdoor bath and small plunge pool. Do note that privacy is slightly compromised because everyone in the rooms above can see you in your pool/deck! The Marvelous Suites are much bigger and again the best ones are those facing the pool and marina. Almost 75% of the suite walls are glass and are quite spectacular with all the blinds up (and blisteringly hot too!).

The pool is the main event; it's huge and doesn't feel crowded even when busy. Pool accessories like floats, tubes and pool beds are gratis, and there are ample pool chairs, sofas and hammocks. The gym is large and faces the pool with lots of natural sunlight and brand new equipment. The lobby and bar also face the pool/marina area and there's a resident DJ at night.

The hotel has an all-day restaurant and a high-end steakhouse. Breakfast is adequate and there are some highlights, but it did seem better when it first opened. There is more of a focus on local dishes now.

If you have 2 or 3 days to spare, a good plan would be to enjoy the hustle and bustle of Singapore city in one of the main city hotels, then move over to the W Sentosa to just chill out!

A word about the staff - they are friendly and helpful, and the manager M. Fabregoul is always to be seen in the lobby and around the hotel, on top of things. If you have a special event, or requests, don't hesitate to contact the hotel - you might be pleasantly surprised!

Room Tip: Fabulous rooms are worth the expense!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hello GoWestG,

Thank you for giving us such a wonderful review and comment, very much appreciate for your support and loyalty to W hotels!

We W hotel – Sentosa Cove aim to Wow our guests by our luxury design, music, every single piece of extraordinary furniture and art work in every corner, also by providing excellent personal services and wide range of dining options etc. We seek for quality lifestyle in all aspects.

Please come again stay with us for a wow-filled, chic stay like no other!

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We spent our wedding Annivisary at the W and from the moment we entered to the time we left our expectations were exceeded. The check in was smooth, the room was ready on time, it was very clean and had everything we wanted, we had a balcony unit facing the boat quay and a big bath as well in the bathroom. We were given a free cocktail as well and the breakfast was excellent, great choice and service. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will go back for a weekend again for sure. Highly recommended. Great job done to all at the W. wel done

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello BRJP310852
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am happy to hear you had such a great time with your wife. I will share your comments with the team and I am sure they will be happy about it. Again thank you for your comment and we will continue the good work.
We look forward to welcoming you again!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Away from the hustle and bustle of Singapore, the W is a great option for business and pleasure. The staff was the most friendly and attentive that I have come across in a very long time and the manager, Stephane, cares to make an impact. The bard has a love DJ every pm and the drinks are delicious. The rooms are fabulous and very high tech and the gym is a good escape with a view onto the pool. A few teething problems since launch are swiftly being ironed out. Highly recommendable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello Katha P,
Thank you very much for your nice feedback, we will keep it up! I will certainly share your feedback with my team.
Hope to see you again very soon!
Reviewed March 22, 2013

After being totally bowled over by W Resort & Spa in Seminyak, Bali, we were contemplating whether to give the Sentosa Cove property a try. Although we both prefer Seminyak, they are a little different, so perhaps a direct comparison would not be fair (or maybe stay at Sentosa Cove then do Seminyak!).

As always, the service is excellent when they're not too busy, they can get very busy, so at times the lobby and breakfast were completely packed, and we waited quite a while for the keys to our room because reception were pretty overwhelmed.

In correspondence with the hotel over our reservation I mentioned that it was our wedding anniversary, and they took the initiative to send us a cake. A lovely surprise! They also upgraded us to a room that overlooks the pool and harbour, and if you're on a holiday that's probably the way to go, otherwise you won't look out to anything much.

A few practicalities: if like us you have kids who love to swim - the pool gets both morning and afternoon sun so it's the perfect pool! They only have 2 baby bath tubs, so if you really need one you might be in trouble, they do provide decent baby cots but no baby amenities (not that I was expecting any). There are so many great restaurants within walking distance of the hotel so it was easy for us to feed our toddlers and get them out for some walks.

Overall I do think its a great stay for children because it provides such a visual treat (even changing the light schemes in the room), and there are so many tactile elements for them to explore. They also provide floats, tubes and water guns at the pool, and the pool is very well staffed.

A wonderful stay :)

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank MumsEd
Hello MumsED,
Thank you for your nice feedback. I am glad to know you had a memorable time with us for your wedding anniversary!
We are always working to provide excellent personal services to our guests; your comments will be shared with the team and I believe this will be the best way to motivate them.
Look forward to welcoming you again!
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during the March school holiday since we have no intention to travel oversea during this period. Our package include free packing, complimentary breakfast and 2 glasses of welcome drink at the Woo Bar. Though check in time is 3pm but we are able to check in by 2pm as the room was ready by then. We had the spectacular room with balcony facing the Marina. The room was spacious to accommodate a roll over for my boy. Bathroom facilities was great especially the rainforest shower. My boy liked the spacious bath tub and enjoyed his bath. As the hotel is situated in Sentosa cove, it is more remote than hotels at the RWS which made it more enjoyable, away from the crowd. The wet pool is great for kids and pool floats, water guns and squirter are provided. Sun tanned lotion and ice water were provided for the guests at the swimming pool too. Free shuttle bus was provided at certain timing to RWS, Vivocity and Ion Orchard as well which made travelling out of the resort convenient. There are few restaurants at the Quayside Isle to choose from if the guest preferred to have their meals at nearby. Overall, it was a pleasant and relaxing staycation and definitely hoped to stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose room with balcony.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Freesia_77
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hello Freesia_77
Thank you for your feedback, I am glad to read that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us!
Please do come again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
#10 of 13 in Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#38 of 315 in Singapore

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!