“W stands for Wonderful”

W Singapore Sentosa Cove
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed at other hotels in Singapore and Sentosa but the W is the best I have experienced. The hotel, being newly opened is stunning and of course decorated in a very contemporary manner. The restaurants are very good and the "Skirt" had the potential to become an exceptional steak house. I was a guest for a number of days so had a complete experience.

The hotel is suffering from "teething" issues that I think are common to any new hotel but could be attended to through greater vigilance. Most of the concierge staff were not aware of the free Sentosa bus service with a stop within walking distance. Although they do offer a dedicated W shuttle timings and pickup/drop off locations are not convenient and they are also not clearly communicated to guests ( a piece of paper is not sufficient if you do not know the area even though I was aware).

However, the staff is trying hard and conscientious. The Chef at the Skirt is clearly willing to engage and build a rapport and prepared an exceptional meal. The breakfast was served in both restaurant due to demand on the weekend and of high quality for all nationalities.

SPG even ensured I qualified for their best rate even though I had initially booked through Expedia. Both Expedia and SPG deserve to be commended for resolving in my favor - clearly both are customer focused.

I did celebrate a birthday and the staff arranged for a cake. A small touch but one that creates a warmth missing for many hotels.

Even though Sentosa Cove is not in the business district it is only 10 minutes by car and provides a great place to unwind after a working day.

Highly recommended and will be my destination on my next visit.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Hello Mark M,

Thanks for your review,

Glad to see you have enjoy your stay and in particular our SKIRT restaurant. I will share your comments regarding with our concierge regarding the free shuttle provided by Sentosa. 10 mn from Business District is not too far and staying in Sentosa Cove offer you a Wow environment.

Looking forward to welcome you back very soon.

Warm Regards

Write a ReviewReviews (2,064)

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Wow is the only word to describe this ultra modern hotel that has only been opened for 3 months. The attention to detail, and service is impeccable. Our only gripe, is that the music played was too 'house' for our tastes and played slightly too loud.

But the 'Wonderful' room we stayed in was excellent, and the rainfall shower a delight.

The pool was lovely and warm and safe for children, inflatables were provided for the kids.

I used the Spa, and had a pedicure, and although the treatment was wonderful, I thought the prices were slightly too high.

They provided a box that when opened contained every conceivable socket to charge anything from iPads- phones.

You could change the lighting in the room at the touch of a button, and the TV had a Bose surround system, so the playback was brilliant.

The staff are ultra attentive and can't do enough for you.

The only thing about Sentosa is that it is larger than you think, so you can't just walk somewhere, you have to either get a taxi, or the resorts courtesy bus. But for relaxing, it's wonderful , another W word to describe it.

Room Tip: The one we had, Wonderful, was excellent. I would think most rooms would be quiet, as there a no bus...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello JoanPrid,

I'm glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will share you comments with our Spa manager and we will re look at our pricing.

Looking forward to welcome you soon at the W Singapore

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The W Singapore offers everything the brand is known for - funky design in guest rooms and public areas, attentive and friendly guest service and great food and beverage. It is a welcome change from the cookie cutter approach and it was a great experience staying with them.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Athing,

Thanks for your support, looking forward to welcome you again and again!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

W Sentosa Cove is a beautiful hotel with all the latest and funky designs! The rooms are large as well as the bath (makes you feel like you are in a resort condo). The rooms are extremely comfortable and of course everything is spotless! If you don't like contemporary this is not the place for you. The pool is fantasic, again feels like you are at a resort. Everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. The restaurants on site (two) were ok and quite pricey. Breakfast was not included in the room rate and was very expensive. If you are not interested in staying on Sentosa Cove for your entire stay I would not recommend this hotel as it is rather secluded. If you do not want to eat at the restaurants on site you will have to take a cab or shuttle. Also, I had cab drivers complain once they found out where they had to take me (made me uncomfortable). While the hotel is beautiful, I preferred our stay on Orchard since it was more centrally located.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Hello rhki,

I'm glad to read that you heve enjoy your stay with us. I would like to inform you that since December, many restaurants and bars have been launched wal-in distance from the hotel which make us in the new Singapore happening place.

Warm Regards

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A very trendy hotel! The finishes of the property are all top notch. Staff are pleasant and willing to help. The room is cool, although you need to figure your way around the W-speak mood lighting. There is also a nifty multi-phone charger (pity no iPhone 5 just yet) on the desk. The breakfast is to die for... great variety and very innovative layout. The pool is nice, but a bit crowded. All in all, recommended for locals looking for a weekend getaway or if you're in Singapore on holiday. My only real gripe is that it's located deep inside Sentosa... which means it takes a bit of time to get back to the mainland. But hey, it's Singapore. Nothing is really that far.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Hello hotelfanaticHK,

Thanks for your review,

I'm glad to read that you have enjoy your stay with us. I do agree with you that time is a perception...we are just 20 mn from Marina Bay, Suntec Tower and 15 mn from the business district. Where it might be long for some at the end it is quite short for a world of Wow!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel is funky. Cool hip design features everywhere. From room, through lobby, to restaurants. Pool as well with well designed lounge chairs up to the point you start wondering how 1 leg can hold all the weight of people and structure. It all depends if you want a hip enviroment or want to endulge in luxery.
I've read the reviews and have to say it seems they refreshed a lot of their staff since opening. It was what I would expect from a 5 star property. Most seem competent, but you'll still need to take some of the initiative yourself. They won't offer you coffee, you'll have to ask for it. They won't refill your wine, you'll have to ask for it. They won't makup your room after you request to have it done at a certain time, you'll have to ask for it again. Having said that, once it comes, it's good. Room is clean and all you need is there. Pillows are a bit off, but you can ask for different onces and they come fast.

View from rooms is not all that. No sea view, but view on a private luxery boats instead. Nice for about 5 minutes, but then it gets boring.

It's not easy to get to. Most taxi drivers will not know what you are talking about. So bring a map to point at. They do have a shuttlebus from and to hotel, but I never managed to find it.

In the direct area there's not (yet?) much to do. Seems they want to develop the Cove to a happening place, but I don't see why people would go all the way there while there's no view, transport, etc. Forget about an evening walk. Nothing to see. There's a great golf course nearby, but you'll need to be introduced to play.

Pool is very nice to lounge at due to absence of guests. You can with easy get nice drinks at the pool bar. And if you ask for it (....yeah), you'll be served. They play music that is not too loud nor overwhelming. Relaxing at the pool is what you can do (and about all you can do).

All in all, I' prefer the luxery of some 5+ star city hotels at the same price. But if it's style you want, you may wish to consider this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
StephaneFabregoul, General Manager at W Singapore Sentosa Cove, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Hello galore360,

Thanks for your feedback,

I really appreciate the time taken to share your comments with us. I can assure you that our focus remain on training our talents in delivering extra-ordinary experience. I understand we still have opportunity for improvment and your comments will be discussed with the managers concerned. As you know, getting a taxi during pick period might be difficult not only in Sentosa Cove but also within the city. To make our guests more comfortable, we do provide a shuttle bus services to Shenton Way once a day, to Vivocity and Resort World Sentosa many times during the day until 10 pm. Since December, many new restaurants and bar have been launched just walk-in distance from our hotel (15 meters...). People coming to Sentosa Cove can enjoy W but also Brussel Sprouts, Sabio (for spanish tapas), Paradiso for cocktails, Picotine for pizza and pasta, Gelato for nicce italian Icecream, Izeca (Japanese restaurant), Quayside Fish & bar and many more....all facing the yacht club providing a new lifestyle experience.
Looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Friendly stuff, cozy atmosphere, nice restaurant, fabulous swimming pool, super enjoy our stay at w Singapore!!! Also the whatever whenever- concierge stuff Fafa is really helpful, show us all information about W Singapore! Love colorful w Singapore !!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Liling L,

Thanks for your support, Fafa has just joined our team team recently and got already the whatever/wherever attitude!.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
#10 of 13 in Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#37 of 319 in Singapore

Been to W Singapore Sentosa Cove? Share your experiences!