“Interesting overview of Singapore's WWII story”
Review of Fort Siloso

Fort Siloso
More attraction details
Owner description: This historic fort was part of Singapore's defenses for decades.
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Fort Siloso gives an overview of Singapore's role in WWII. From the bottom of Fort Siloso an old army truck picks visitors up and takes them to the top where the exhibits start. The truck also takes visitors down when they are done, although walking up or down is also an option. Fort Siloso has wax displays, sometimes with sound effects. Fort Siloso can be divided into different sections, including what it was like as a soldier during WWII, the tunnels, the surrender chambers, etc. Details of the various parties involved in the war was given in a manner that was interesting and not boring. Lazer games are available, but we did not partake in this. In general, looking at everything would take one about 2-3 hours. One should wear comfortable walking shoes as the exhibits are spread out over a large area.

We love history and thoroughly enjoyed walking through the fort and looking at all the displays. Entrance to Fort Siloso was S$12 - we considered it worth every cent.

3  Thank Sabihah M
There are newer reviews for Fort Siloso

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I think I should trust myself this kind of places are the same where are full of waxworks. And it seems that these waxworks haven't been taken care for a really long time. You'll find it out by cobwebs which are everywhere. To me I'm not a person who is really interested in history and this attraction charged me SGD$10. I think it's not really worth the price. If you were so bored or a historian, it's still a really good place to visit even I'm not interested in it but I still learned a lot. BTW a can of coke there is only SGD$2. Quite cheap aha!

Reviewed December 10, 2013

When groing up, I had always heard that the Japanese took Singapore during WWII because the guns were facing the wrong way and couldn't be turned. This is a myth as the guns can be turned.
That aside, the museum tells the history of that period of Singapore's history very well. For a modest charge of $8, an ancient bus takes you to the top of the fort where you start the history lesson with displays and dioramas. You then move down the hill until you reach the kiosk having passed many guns, explanations and historical artifacts.
We enjoyed it, but probably not everyone's interest.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Fort Siloso tells us the history of Singapore during the WWII. For only 8$ you can walk through the site which is divided in three parts: the red, the blue and the yellow. When you arrive on this site ,someone picks you up in a bus and brings you to the first place which is situated in the red zone. It is here that your visit start. After this, it is up to you to unleash your imagination and put yourself in the shoes of those soldiers!!! More than this, you can enjoy some activities like laser game in this historical place. I recommend Fort Siloso to you if you are interesting in the war history or if you want to teach to your children this historical period through some games.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

My teacher organised a great excursion to Fort Siloso Museum! For me it was the best history lesson, because we had some Work and we were discovering all areas to find the answers. I was learning history of Singapore and saw how it really was! It's very useful. I have known about war between Japan and Singapore with certain details. Good period of time to study.
However for tourists, no, it is just a museum about war, like in every country, every city. Only for crazy tourist couples with a big back pack and a rangers hat.