We stayed in the Singapore resort and spa in June 2014 for five nights en route to Europe. The hotel is lovely, with plush tropical gardens and easy access to Santosa beach. The amenities are very good, with a lovely pool and poolside bar. We stayed in the opera suite which met the needs of our small family of four well ( two adults and 2 children aged 9 and 5). The breakfasts very good and choice of restaurants in the resort good in terms of style (casual through to fine dining) price and quality.
The hotel however is not cheap and unfortunately there are a few downsides that would cause me to rethink staying there again. The first is the hotel is a little way off from the main Sentosa attractions. If your objective is to enjoy the Sentosa sites, eg universal studios etc then one of the resort hotels closer in might be better. Especially with small children. This hotels location does necessitate a cab ride. Most cab drivers did not know where this hotel resort was, largely due to a recent name change however telling them it was beside the sentosa golf course always got us home. This gave one the sense it is not one of the prime attraction hotels for tourists. A little off the beaten path.
The service at the e hotel is very patchy. We found the front desk and concierge to be particularly poor service, not rude just not particularly confident or competent with directions, suggestions etc however the terrace bar and pool staff were consistently good.
The resort is generally looking a little tied. The halls leading to rooms need a little upkeep and in the room some of the furnishings had seen better days. It gives the feeling it needs a little capital upkeep.
There is also an odd policy of not allowing guests to swim in the pool after 7 pm given no life guard. This is understandable with unsupervised children but is a little patronising for adults. In the topic heat of Singapore it would be nice to swim after dinner...lifeguard or not.
Also wi if is not free and so little patchy in places. For a hotel of this price it should be free and of far superior quality than that experienced.
Overall a good hotel. We had a pleasant time but will probably try another on our next trip. Not enough "wow" for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa is the newest French luxury 5-star resort hotel on Singapore's favourite island. Situated at the top of a cliff rising above Tanjong Beach, it is a haven of tranquility and relaxation blessed with stunning views of sunsets over the horizon. Greeting guests upon arrival in the lobby is a dazzling bespoke lighting installation inspired by the Milky Way hanging from the lofty ceiling. The entire property is cosseted in lush tropical greenery and overlooks the South China Sea. The 215-room hotel includes luxury rooms, suites and villas, and offers an array of delectable cuisines from around the world at its various F&B establishments. Facilities include indoor and outdoor event spaces, a state-of-the-art gym, children's playroom, complimentary internet access and shuttle services. Completing the experience for guests is a spacious swimming pool deck and the world's largest Sofitel Signature So SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Ctrip TA and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Singapore Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- The Sentosa Resort And Spa
- The Sentosa Island Hotel
- The Hotel Sentosa Island