“Excellent stay”

Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed July 10, 2014

The hotel was really wonderful! It worths the money! The beach was great! Food was good! Staff was friendly! Location is acceptable because bus stop was right nearby! It was extremely suitable for kids cuz the pool was so much fun!

1  Thank Kitseesee C
Write a ReviewReviews (3,840)

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The staff were very friendly and the facilities were very good especially if you were here with your children, I feel its more a family resort. The room was clean and bed comfortable.

This would have been a 5 star review if not for a miss in service which left a deeper impression than the staff and facilities. The staff prepared for a birthday cake which was suppose to be sent to the room at 5pm, however the cake did not arrive even until 5.25pm hence I made a call and they promise that they will check and call me back but 10mins later still no call and I made a call back which they apologise and put me on hold after 3 mins they say they will send the cake to my room and it arrive 10mins later (without a candle). Spoil my plan, the element of surprise as well as my dinner plan as it was an hour late. Would have expected better from Shangri la.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Etlifestyle
SENGM1, General Manager at Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

Your comments on the friendly service of our staff, facilities and cleanliness of our rooms are appreciated.

I’d also like to offer my sincere apologies for the lapse in our service with regard to the delivery of the birthday cake. Rest assured that I am working with the team to improve our service standards and better meet the expectations of our guests.

Looking forward to be of service to you in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Shangri - lA is a great family friendly hotel to stay at
The location is great and Sentosa is a perfect resort style for the family
The rooms were very good and the buffet breakfast was fantastic catering for multi different tastes. Free bus and mono rail around island and short trip to mainland MRT rail station Harbour Front which is only a few stops into downtown Singapore. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tony S
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is one of the best resorts I have ever stayed in.
I totally recommend it, especially for relaxation and beach activities.
Rooms are perfect. Staff is helpful and always smiling.
Will surely come to stay again upon my next visit to Singapore.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I'm sure there is a market for this hotel - but if you don't have kids, you are not it! This place is over-run with families and completely set up for it. You can't check-in, walk to your room, go to breakfast or go to the pool without a kid running into you, pushing in front of you or shouting past you.

The service in all of the restaurants, bars etc is lacking. At one point we went to the W hotel for a long lunch just to escape.

Others have said they honeymooned here, this gave us confidence that it was ok for couples as well as families. These people are crazy... there is NO way this is a honeymoon type of place. Oh, and the beds are sooooo hard. I asked for a second topper and it still didn't help. The base is a hard board, rather than a proper base.

There is a market for this, families seemed to love it. Maybe we'll come back in 10 years!

Room Tip: We had a Deluxe room which was on level 7. The room overlooked the pool and was surprisingly quiet...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katherine A
SENGM1, General Manager at Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

We are disappointed to know that you did not enjoy your experience at our resort. As a popular holiday destination for families, we do face challenges in our operations during the peak season and have failed to meet your expectations for a tranquil venue. We can only ask for your indulgence on this occasion and hope it will not deter you from returning during the quieter period.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to our resort in the future.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The hotel does not feel like a USD388 per night. I would not stay here for this price. I have stayed in much better hotels on much lower prices. After paying USD388, you expect a lot, and this hotel gives you nothing for that amount. And when the name of such a reputable chain is attached to it, you expects a lot more in luxury, then what this hotel gives you.

Room Tip: Take another hotel!

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am very concerned by your experiences, as such, may I please request that you contact me at ben.bousnina@shangri-la.com so that I can find out more details about your stay.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We've just got home from our second stay at Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort and we're already planning our third. The location is stunning and the whole experience from check-in to check-out couldn't be any better. We at the majority of our meals at the Silver Shell and each time was excellent we could barely control ourselves. The rooms are very good and are just slightly starting to show their age but even then you'll hardly be spending anytime there. The resort caters extremely well for families with things for everybody to do and very well organised kids club with short and long day programs. But what really makes it though are the staff who on the whole go well out of their way to make your stay great.

Room Tip: Pool or ocean view room is the way to go. Request higher floors for a better view although if you ha...
1  Thank Mal C
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#40 of 317 in Singapore

Been to Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!