“A family-friendly resort with excellent service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“A family-friendly resort with excellent service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, Singapore is a very service oriented hotel. We were checked in by a Senior Manager, Miss Jennifer, who not only processed our check-in promptly after signing on the electronic signature pad, she walked us to the elevator and wished us a pleasant stay. We felt very welcomed and valued as guest. The room was clean and spacious. The temperature in the room was neither too cold nor warm. And with a ceiling fan, we felt that it was good enough to switch off the air condition at night. The mini bar was well stocked and free of charge for all the items in the mini fridge! The balcony had two chairs and one small table which was good enough for us to have a nice chat over tea while looking at the pool. Although there was a queue at the breakfast area, it was cleared within 5 minutes. Food for breakfast was very well spread. There was even an area specially for kids - with food set at a height suitable for children. A very well thought idea! We wanted to have dinner outside the resort and were pleasantly surprise to be told by a very friendly staff of concierge that the resort provides a free shutter bus to Vivo City at a 20 minute interval and while waiting at the lobby, we were treated with free ice cream. It is indeed a resort with a very strong service oriented culture and it is certainly value for money.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lkyr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (875)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

My husband, 3 year old and 1 year old spent 6 nights at the Rasa Sentosa over CNY 2014. We stayed in the Deluxe Sea View Suite and it was ample space for us to spread out. (I only wish there was more drawer space in the bedroom.) The living area had a twin bed that pulled down for my daughter and they wheeled a pack-n-play in for my son. The grassy area was great for the kids to run around on outside of our room. I just wish there were a way to gate off the sides so they couldn't go into other neighboring yards. I also wish the deck off the back doors were safer. There was nowhere I felt like my 1 year old could just "have at it" without being followed by my husband or me, for fear of him falling off the deck or wandering off.

The staff was friendly upon arrival. As the week got busier with more people arriving for CNY, it felt more like we were a number, but that's ok because we didn't need that much anyway. We went to breakfast every morning and it was pretty impressive. We couldn't order a Coke and Diet Coke at breakfast, so we just started going to the gift shop to buy one on our way down. Room service was good. The menu at all the restaurants was basically the same thing. My favorite was the pizza place. It was my favorite meal because of the simple little play area my 3 year old could play on just feet away from our table. (The pizza was excellent, too!) I also loved that we could order lunch from our chairs at the pool. It seems like less resorts have this amenity these days.

My daughter was pretty devastated that she couldn't go to the "big kids" club with the cool slide. She was almost 4 year old and looks tall enough to meet the minimum age requirement of 5, so I guess I should have just said she was 5. However, the kids club is for kids only and I didn't feel comfortable leaving her there being so young. The smaller toddler room was pretty boring for her. Unfortunately, she's just that in between age where she's not a baby or a big kid. Luckily, the attendant at the water slides didn't mind when my husband and I went with her down the slides (There is a sign that says absolutely no adults). The pool was great. My son could splash around in the shallow area of the zero entry kids pool. He loved the little area with water squirting and falling out of buckets. Even with the sold out status, we still had chairs every day.

The beach was no Florida...the beaches we are used to seeing back home, but there was sand and water. We never spent a day at the beach. We only walked down to it a few times. (The pool was too nice to leave!) I was surprised to see all of the big ships, but it didn't bother me. I think it created a cool effect at night that's different than your typical beach scenery.

The property was so great that it took us until almost the end of the week to use the free shuttle service to the mall. You should use that service as well. The mall is very close and impressive. We ended up going to Orchard Road as well and didn't really need to since we'd been to the nearby mall the day before.

We found out later in the week that there are casinos on the island of Sentosa. We wanted to go, but when we tried to book a babysitter through the hotel, there were none available. We were ok with it, though, since it was a holiday and we asked the night before.

One thing happened that was sub-par. Our bathtub drain never worked. We never reported it, because we just let the water stand until housekeeping came and somehow lifted the drain. Well, one day I had just laid my son down for a nap and had been sitting on the deck with the door cracked to listen for him. Even though I had turned on the "Do Not Disturb" light, the phone rang! I quickly ran to answer and it was someone saying maintenance was trying to get in to fix the bathtub. I told her that my son was sleeping and I had turned on the Do Not Disturb light. Never apologizing, she said, "Ok, so you don't want your bathtub drain fixed?" I told her I was fine with them fixing it, just not while my son was sleeping. She didn't understand me I guess because I heard a knock a moment later. I answered the door and pointed to the Do Not Disturb light with a puzzled look on my face and asked him to come back when the light was off. He said he would. The whole incident bugged me so much that I later went down to the front desk and explained what happened. I don't think the person I was talking to understood me very well, but the manager he referred me to did. I finally got an apology, but that was about it. I guess I should have left my grumpy baby with them for the afternoon and they'd have understood how important the Do Not Disturb light is.

Even with that experience, it really was a great hotel. If our kids were a little bit older, it would be even more perfect. I have already recommended this hotel and will again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank BrandyMills0306
Nantwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

A great hotel situated in the best spot in Singapore, just far enough out of the city to relax away from the concrete jungle, nice clean beach right on your doorstep. The staff are tremendous and cannot do enough for you, always smiling & willing to lend a hand. Rooms good size & spacious ,spotless throughout, the pool is ideal for kids & also is clean & tidy.
This hotel lends itself as ideal to those who can spend the morning chilling or the afternoon at universal or the splashpark or just hope a bus or the cable car to the city to explore even more.
Having seen Singapore we would not doubt return this hotel & location

Room Tip: rooms around the 8th floor have great views without being too high
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank sunnycroft31
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

A very family friendly hotel. Good service overall, with lots of activities to occupy the kids (of all ages) with. I loved the Koi pond, the toddlers playroom and the swimming pool with water play area. The restaurant was also spacious enough for us to sit comfortably. Rooms were up to standard.

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

Overall me and my family are really having a good time staying in the hotel. Every staff in the hotel are very friendly and accommodating. Wish we can stay for a longer period. So much to eat..play...many more.....

Review collected in partnership with shangri-la.com

2 Thank Hilary C
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

I know i've reveiwed this hotel before but it's still great !! Even though we have stayed here before you just can't beat it in my opinion.All the attractions of sentosa are a free bus ride away.The beach is right in front of your hotel{only hotel in singapore to have one}.The rooms are spacious and clean with great views,we had a 9th floor ocean view.The staff are friendly and efficient and noyhing is too much trouble.We stayed for a couple of days then did a 5 day cruise and came back for another couple of days.The only issue i would have is the food prices,like all hotels it is not cheap to eat at the resort. My advice would be to catch the free shuttle to vivo city shopping centre and choose from one of the many places too eat there.Overall though yet again i can't fault the shangri-la and i am sure we will visit again.

Room Tip: 7th floor or above if facing the ocean will get you above the tree line
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a lovely resort suited to family's with children
Even though there are lots of children there it doesn't seem to be to noisy
We stayed on the 8th floor and the room was lovely, the only issue was there was never any ice in the machine at the end of the floor and we kept having to go to the 6th floor which was frustrating
The breakfast was to die for and the staff could not be helpful enough it was brilliant
The prices of alcohol was typical of Singapore as was the meals on the menu
The have a bus that takes you to Vivo City every few minutes so you could hop on and go out for dinner
All in all I enjoyed the stay and highly recommend this resort

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#33 of 308 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 20,755 reviews

Been to Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!