I stayed from 21 Jun to 23 Jun 2013 with hubby and boy (6yrs old) at Room 427. They deliver 'kuehs' (nonya cakes) to our room as welcome gift. As we went during the high PSI level (around 200), we were wearing our N95, tourist asked us where we get the N95 from, the front-desk reception gives out only paper mask which is not useful during this haze season. The swimming pool and beach is still crowded at this PSI level.
The family package room has very thoughtful stuff provided for my boy, like the bathrobe, bedroom slippers, toothbrush (the tooth paste given was not suitable for my boy), and froggy sponge for bathtime. Good thing there are 2 channels suitable for children: Disney Junior and Cartoon Network.
The bathroom has a bath tub with glass window, if you need privacy, you can just put down the blinds, else I put it up so that my tub play in the bath tub while I can blow dry my hair which is located outside the bathroom.
The food at Silver Shell Cafe for our buffet breakfast and dinner was wonderful. My boy said that he 'eat until feel like vomiting'. Breakfast he can take waffle, pancake, cheese omelette, toast with nutella, a cup of OJ and a cup of milo. He will take a cup of yogurt and banana back to the room with him. For dinner, he took 5 mini california roll sushi, a bowl of mixed fruits, before I let him roam around the Kid's corner to take his own snacks - fruity loops, jelly beans, pocky, ice cream, chocolate fountain.
The children program is free and my boy went after breakfast till 2pm. He joined the children for lunch at a cafe next to Silver Shell cafe for spagetti. There are programmes at the children area, and you need to note that if you want them to go to beach, you need to bring certain items for them. Else my boy stay in the children area till my hubby fetches him. I really like this children program area, I can see many staff taking care of the children and ensuring that the progam goes well. The area is small, but the service is good. During the children lunch time, I was at the children area to ask where to find my boy, the staff was actually busy preparing the art and craft materials for the next programme section. This is unlike my trip to Koi Samui where the staff was watching TV in the children playroom.
I tried the Spa and had one of the package, think it is called enchanting package. Packages was not entitled to the 20% for the family package, only the other ala carte items are. I went ahead with the package which includes a foot soak (its too short), body scrub, body massage, facial. The suana and jacuzzi is free to use before or after the session, I tried the jacuzzi after my massage session. I also bought a face moisturizer recommended by the masseur, did not regret buying it, it is pretty good, no oily feeling and it targets refining my pores. The whole spa package was quite costly at S$500 after GST. I tried the spa from 1 to 3.30pm, maybe the non peak period, as I get to use the jacuzzi by myself.
I joined my hubby and boy at the pool after my spa, and ordered Rasa Burger which has a thick meat patty with caramilized onion and fries. We also ordered a Rasa drink and a Tiger beer, cost us $60. Costly late lunch, but was really tasty. Service is wonderful too.
The children bed in our family room has a solid base and is bigger than a super single bed. This is defintely a better bed than my Koi Samui experience which is a springy bed for the children. The family room also comes with lots of storage space.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa