“A wonderful family package staycation”

Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed from 21 Jun to 23 Jun 2013 with hubby and boy (6yrs old) at Room 427. They deliver 'kuehs' (nonya cakes) to our room as welcome gift. As we went during the high PSI level (around 200), we were wearing our N95, tourist asked us where we get the N95 from, the front-desk reception gives out only paper mask which is not useful during this haze season. The swimming pool and beach is still crowded at this PSI level.

The family package room has very thoughtful stuff provided for my boy, like the bathrobe, bedroom slippers, toothbrush (the tooth paste given was not suitable for my boy), and froggy sponge for bathtime. Good thing there are 2 channels suitable for children: Disney Junior and Cartoon Network.

The bathroom has a bath tub with glass window, if you need privacy, you can just put down the blinds, else I put it up so that my tub play in the bath tub while I can blow dry my hair which is located outside the bathroom.

The food at Silver Shell Cafe for our buffet breakfast and dinner was wonderful. My boy said that he 'eat until feel like vomiting'. Breakfast he can take waffle, pancake, cheese omelette, toast with nutella, a cup of OJ and a cup of milo. He will take a cup of yogurt and banana back to the room with him. For dinner, he took 5 mini california roll sushi, a bowl of mixed fruits, before I let him roam around the Kid's corner to take his own snacks - fruity loops, jelly beans, pocky, ice cream, chocolate fountain.

The children program is free and my boy went after breakfast till 2pm. He joined the children for lunch at a cafe next to Silver Shell cafe for spagetti. There are programmes at the children area, and you need to note that if you want them to go to beach, you need to bring certain items for them. Else my boy stay in the children area till my hubby fetches him. I really like this children program area, I can see many staff taking care of the children and ensuring that the progam goes well. The area is small, but the service is good. During the children lunch time, I was at the children area to ask where to find my boy, the staff was actually busy preparing the art and craft materials for the next programme section. This is unlike my trip to Koi Samui where the staff was watching TV in the children playroom.

I tried the Spa and had one of the package, think it is called enchanting package. Packages was not entitled to the 20% for the family package, only the other ala carte items are. I went ahead with the package which includes a foot soak (its too short), body scrub, body massage, facial. The suana and jacuzzi is free to use before or after the session, I tried the jacuzzi after my massage session. I also bought a face moisturizer recommended by the masseur, did not regret buying it, it is pretty good, no oily feeling and it targets refining my pores. The whole spa package was quite costly at S$500 after GST. I tried the spa from 1 to 3.30pm, maybe the non peak period, as I get to use the jacuzzi by myself.

I joined my hubby and boy at the pool after my spa, and ordered Rasa Burger which has a thick meat patty with caramilized onion and fries. We also ordered a Rasa drink and a Tiger beer, cost us $60. Costly late lunch, but was really tasty. Service is wonderful too.

The children bed in our family room has a solid base and is bigger than a super single bed. This is defintely a better bed than my Koi Samui experience which is a springy bed for the children. The family room also comes with lots of storage space.

Room Tip: 4th floor, not too near the lift door
2  Thank GraceHui

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in May with our two boys (7 and 10). We had a larger room than normal to allow for a small bed for the boys to share. The room was very well appointed with all the expected amenities. The room we were in was a long, long way from reception, restaurants and the pools which was a hassle with two kids wanting to go out all the time.
Location is good - easy transport outside the gate to anywhere on Sentosa Island, with the buses and trams running all day.
Staff were lovely and nothing was a hassle - which was lovely.
Food and beverage selection is good - but very expensive, especially when you only want to feed your small children. However we ate dinner one night at the Noodle restaurant and felt that the food was good value and really yummy. But a can of drink was $6! Just a bit expensive I think.
Is a good resort for families, with the kids resort and the pools perfect for keeping them occupied.

Room Tip: Try to get a room close to the middle of the resort (where reception, pools etc are located)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights and it was the best holiday ever!
All I can say is it was very special in such a top class resort. Me and my husband are vegetarians but the received such service that the staff catered for our needs.
We would just like to say thank you to all the lovely and helpful staff you guys really are true gems!
Would love to come back in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2013

If you are looking for a hotel in Singapore where young kids can be adequately entertained, look no further. The pool here is amazing for young kids, and with kids' room, a nice gym, and fabulous views (if you get the seaview rooms), what else is there to ask for?

The F&B here is also pretty amazing. I love the 8 noodles and the Casserole. The buffet at Silver shells is also fantastic, with a lowered serving table, just for kids.

The service here is probably what will add to the rating. The front desk is impressive and they have a room reservation system that tracks the guests quite well. They noted that it is the 5th time I stayed there, and allocated the same room number that I had in my 2nd or 3rd stay (which I commented in writing that it is probably my favourite room with the best view).

Housekeeping needs a bit more attention to details but it is reasonably well done.

Enjoyed my stay each time.

Room Tip: If you enjoy some fireworks, go for the west wing (low number rooms), seaview room. You will get to...
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank SingaporeMartin
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been to the hotel on a business trip so was not able to fully enjoy the relaxation the facility offers! Pool was great, the beach was very serene and relaxing. There are benches facing the sea so you can grab your Ipod and your favorite novel and spend a good couple of hours enjoying yourself there. Location is a bit far from the action, but in Singapore public transportation is very reliable. Recommended for young families with kids.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in June 2013.

We have stayed here many times and this is the second time staying in a Deluxe Sea View Suite.

The hotel is amazing every time, and absolutely brilliant for kids. The swimming pool has a kiddy area and the hotel has a toddler room and great kids club.

Deluxe Sea View Suite is in a prime position with 2 bathrooms and a lounge area with spare bed for the kids and then leads out onto a large outside area with lounge and spa.

The hotel has exceptional service and offers free shuttles to Vivo City every 20 minutes until midnight.

Very hard to find any fault with the hotel, simply the best on Sentosa and the absolute best for families travelling with children.

Room Tip: If you can afford the Deluxe Sea View Suite for your family it's worth the bit extra over two ro...
2  Thank ozelite
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Check into the Rasa Sentosa during the Labour Day Holiday as a treat for the kids. We chose a Garden Room which is on the first floor with direct access to the swimming pool. The room is good sized and had a regular sized double bed for the adults and a smaller one for the kids. The resort does cater to families and has a great kids club with a rather tall indoor slide and there are also three water slides for kids to ride on. There were many guests, but the pool was large enough to accomodate all. Ice cold water was also provided at poolside on a self serve basis. We had dinner and breakfast at the cafe and were rather impressed with the variety on offer, however, the cafe was crowded on both ocassions and service wasn't as attentive or quick as hoped for. During dinner, the kids could get their names written in chinese characters on a fan for keepsakes. Overall, an enjoyable holiday where kids would enjoy it more than couples.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#41 of 317 in Singapore

Been to Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!