We stayed here in September 2012. So much has changed on this little island since we were last here in 2006. The rooms have been upgraded to a beautiful standard. We looked straight out onto the ocean and watched the cruise ship come in. The pool is sensational and the staff very attentive.
If you have to eat here be prepared for the ridiculous cost. We had a very basic lunch which included a couple of burgers and a club sandwich and 4 Coronas (4 of us) and it cost $S211 per couple......staggering! And when you're paying $S7 for a coke zero you know you're getting ripped off! The 711 at the bottom of the entrance to the resort was much more reasonable....almost....better to pay $S15 for 6 pack of beer than $S13 or so for 1 beer! Thank goodness our breakfast was in the price which made it easier to go without lunch!
I would stay at resort again but the prices would have to be a lot more reasonable which is a shame because it is a beautiful area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa