We stayed in a family room on the 3rd floor (which is really the 2nd floor) overlooking the swimming pool. It was a spacious room with a king bed and a queen futon as well as a balcony with seating. I was expecting an outdated hotel from earlier reviews, but this hotel has been beautifully renovated and our room was very modern.
The kids club was the best we've encountered anywhere in the world. It's free for kids aged 5+ and is open from 9:30 am - 9:00 pm which is incredibly convenient! They even take the kids for lunch and dinner to the hotel restaurant at no cost! Their program is structured, with different hourly activities indoors and outdoors. The club has a 3-story indoor treehouse slide and the pool has a splash park and three water slides. They also provided circus activities on the trapeze, face painting, and many other activities. The staff were fantastic and my daughter never wanted to leave!
The hotel is conveniently located near the bus line to get to anywhere on Sentosa -- only 1 stop away from popular activities, including the Luge which was our favorite! The concierge was very helpful with directions and reservations.
The gym and the pool were fantastic....though I did see an on-duty lifeguard texting on his mobile so watch your own kids in the pools!
The only con was the chaotic breakfast buffet. Two out of the four mornings at breakfast, our table was given to another family when we were filling our plates! Too many staff seating guests and not paying attention to which tables were already assigned. I hope they can fix the chaos! The buffet selection was only average as compared to other hotels.
The gorgeous facilities, clean spacious room and super kids club are grand enough to deserve an excellent rating!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort, Singapore's only beachfront resort, is situated at Sentosa Island. Far from the hustle and bustle of the city, yet close to major attractions like Orchard Road, Little India and Clarke Quay, the resort is conveniently linked to mainland Singapore by a causeway. It is next to numerous attractions including the Universal Studios, Underwater World and Dolphin Lagoon. The business district is a mere 15 minutes away by car. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa