We had booked a deluxe sea-view room from 29 September to 1 October 2007. When we arrived after a day of travelling at 5pm, we were told that our room was not ready. We were offered a drink at the lounge, which was open and hence, hot and humid. We checked every 15 minutes if the room was ready, but was told they were cleaning it because of previous late check-out. We eventually got our room at 7pm - can you believe that? The only compensation we got was a bottle of red-wine (without opener) and a free dinner for 2 - which was not a good experience either as the dining room is not well airconditioned and very full.
The room we got was on the 11th floor - very nice room, with a balcony with a great view. Another good thing about this hotel is its proximity to the beach. However, since its pool area is open, non-hotel residents could easily use the swimming pool of the hotel.
On both mornings, we had to queue up for breakfast. There were many tourists on package holidays, and the place was very busy with screaming kids. No offence to family vacationers - but if you are a couple looking for a nice and romantic time on Sentosa, this hotel is certainly not for you - unless things are different during the week.
Overall, we agree with the previous reviews that this hotel is very family-oriented, but certainly not the choice for young couples without children, and the slow service certainly has lots of room for improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Sentosa Island, Asia’s leading leisure destination, Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa is just a 15-minute drive from mainland Singapore and close to major attractions such as Orchard Road, Chinatown, Little India and Clarke Quay. The resort features 454 guestrooms and suites complete with private balconies and views of the sea, landscaped gardens and the hill. Guests can choose to wine and dine from any of the six restaurants and bars in the resort, take a dip in the natural water pool, make a splash with sea sports or slow down their pace with a rejuvenating spa treatment at CHI, The Spa. On the island, a plethora of activities and attractions such as the Marine Life Park, iFly, Skyline luge, beach clubs and Southeast Asia’s first Universal Studios Theme Park awaits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Sentosa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Rasa Hotel Sentosa Island
- Shangri La Sentosa