“we shared the room with...INSECTS”

and 1 more site!
Costa Sands Resort (Sentosa)
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“we shared the room with...INSECTS”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

stayed over for 3D2N, first time staying at costa sand sentosa! room too small, fridge too small, full of INSECTS!! that is the most unbearable part. we slept with ants. bbq pit too much houseflies....i can't imagine if we booked kampung hut, how will it be like!

i still prefer downtown east costa sand.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
9 Thank ponydusts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Rooms are quite small. Good enough for 2 people and maybe just 1. I agree that parking is a pain. This can work if you just need a place to spend the night and hit the beach otherwise go some place else. Overall, i hope they can improve given their location. It could to their advantage given the developments in Sentosa.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank grouchalv
Reviewed June 12, 2011

There are many bad experiences in this hotel but would like to name a few here:
1) The rooms are very small, they are only suitable for couple, but not family.
2) The "so called" free WI-Fi was never working. There was connection but unable to serve Internet.
3) There is very limited parking lots around the premises (less than 10-15 lots). Most of the hotel guests could not get parking lots around the premises, they have to park around the Merlion area and take 10-15mins walk back to the hotel. It is extremely inconvenient

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Ilali777

Travelers are raving about these Sentosa Island hotels

Reviewed May 26, 2011

I was called up by a Ms Siti who had informed me that my transaction has not gotten through and she will not be able to allocate us a room. She suggested that we be allocated to downtown east instead.

According to the website, Upon submitting, we were linked to a page informing us that we will receive an email for confirmation.

When we did not receive any, I called in to enquire and was informed that we will be receiving our CONFIRMATION via SMS 2 days before checking in.I even repeated what the officer on the other line said, and he said 'correct'.

We did not receive such SMSes, Hence I took the initiative to call Costa Sands (SENTOSA)(13 times went through to an answering machine!!!) and I was 'Greeted'( Or I think I was coz I don't understand her halting english) by an officer which I suspect is not local. She keep asking me for a booking number and when I finally put it across to her that I do not have one, She asked for my name.

I'd only spelt 3 letter and she promptly inform me that she will check it now. Excuse me? I have not even spelt the name in full and she confidently say (in her obnoxiously terrible english) that she's checking now.

I don't understand why someone who barely speaks english was manning the front line?

I then requested to speak to another officer and she told me to leave my name and number because 'no one is around'

Now, how does a well known resort in the most famous tourist attraction run with 'no one around'.

I am extremely disappointed as I had already invited our family for a gathering and has bought tickets to USS as part of our itinerary.

Both me and my fiance has taken leave from work to accomodate this short vacation for us and our family.

I was also very disappointed at the terrible service rendered to me. (even when I called Ms Siti @62751065, I was greeted by another foreign officer. I feel like I am the one speaking a foreign language.)

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank liyannabanana
Delhi
Reviewed February 28, 2011

It is a YHA hostel- so no frills place.
The location is the best in Sentosa with an idependent entry to Sentosa beach. Each guest gets a gated access to the beach- the entrance is just next to a tram station and most of the happening nightclubs of Sentosa are just across the road.
The ambience is that of an equatorial forest and you actually feel you are living in the middle of one with an all night cricket orchestra at its loudest! Food is reasonable.
The staff- very courteous and helping. Free hi-speed internet and barbecue facilities make it a partying heaven for large groups. Extremely pocket-friendly. The toilets and baths though could do with some maintainence

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business