“A lovely surprise”

Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed February 25, 2014

After having stayed at the Hotel Michael which is another one of the Resort Worlds Hotel's we were hesitant to stay here but since the Movenpick Hotel no longer provides a club lounge we thought we would give this hotel a try.

We were very surprised when we walked into the room. It was very large and the largest we have stayed in in Singapore. The room is very classy and has a beautiful bathroom, this is also unbelievably large.

The shuttle service that runs through part of the Resorts World and includes stops at this Hotel are on time and we caught it at least 12 times without any problems. It runs half hourly until 10.00pm. The Hotel's location isn't fantastic but the standard of the rooms makes it worthwhile staying here.

The balcony was also a good size and we had been given a view of the Cable Car and 'City view'. We loved the wide sweeping view and were able to watch a couple of cruise ships come and go.

Like Hotel Michael, they provide the shampoo and soap from a pump, passed on from one guest to another. I don't like this and it reflects badly on a Hotel wanting to portray a different image. For a five star hotel there was no turn down service either.

Reception were helpful and spoke english very well.

Although this hotel has so many good things about it, we will probably stay at the Hard Rock Hotel next time mainly because of it's location.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PegususPerth

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Prior my stay, I wrote to Liza, Front Desk Manager to let her know I will be staying with them and celebrating our wedding anniversary and my recent promotion.
I also email her on various questions regarding the Adventure Cove/Dolphin experience.
We arrived at the hotel slightly before 12noon, Rachael attended to us at the check in counter. She has a great smile and help us to check in asap. Was impressed that I can be in the hotel room within 20 minutes, early check in certainly deserves a thumbs up. At least we can chuck our belongings in the room and get changed into our swimsuit, took the bathrobe and went via the private entrance to Adventure Cove to start our fun day. We were upgraded to the Deluxe Suite on Level 8, the room is enormously big and it certainly added some smiles when we open our room door. Living room, bar counter, two large TV, balcony, french bathroom and not forgetting the steam bath facility within the toilet. They also provided lemongrass aroma oil in the room and house keeping came to help us to light the candle.
They also prepared a cake for our anniversary, it was a nice gesture from the hotel.
The only down side was probably that they were unable to loan me the usage of a pc to insert the Dolphin experience CD for me to download my photos. I felt the Chinese gentleman who answered the phone should be more courteous, yes, only Hard Rock hotel has a business centre, even your pc are not allowed for external thumbdrives etc, but this CD is bought from Dolphin experience, shouldn't this be allowed to be played in your pc. Breakfast spread at Forest is also so so, would think the overseas hotels/resorts we visited has better variety and please have fresh fruit juices, this should be a requisite for a good breakfast. Apart from there, all is well.

Room Tip: Level 8 is awesome, good view of cable cars, adventure cove
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2014

we made a booking through booking .com. Upon arrival , Jowell from the front desk attend to us. Due to our anniversary and valentines day, We were offered an upgrade, from the normal hotel room to the beach villa at a very minimum amount topping up. We were chauffeured to and for from the hotel lobby to room through a buggy. Car was taken over my the experienced valet. It was simply marvelous. The best stay in our life this far. Luxurious private pool and enormous room with huge bath tub and tv right at the foot of the bath tub. We were about to control the curtain from the comfort of our bed with remote control.. Pure luxurious stay within Singapore.. Upon checkout , Syed Adam from the concierge attend to me. Wanted to surprise my wife with a visit to the dolphin island at the marine life park. He literally guided me all the way to purchase the tickets and showed me the place to go for the meal and also how to get to the dolphin island without having to make a big round. This made it very easy for me, coupled with the fact that my wife was calling me through the hp numerous times. I would say that the entire stay was 10/10 without any form of complaint. Kudos to the staff who made this anniversary and valentines day a memorable one that will instill lifelong memories in our hearts...cheers!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here with my partner last month. Was wonderful as we didn't expect it to be so private and hidden in the corner of Sentosa island. We liked that it is rather new. Only issue was travelling out of the hotel required abit of a hike. But then again, we loved to stay in the hotel and swim in the pool, relaxing most of the time!

Room Tip: We stayed in a pool villa! huge swimming pool with cable cars passing by you!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014

it is really bad location and service.the counter person is very impolite, this 5 star hotel is the worst hotel that i never seen. when i want to complain the hotel the person that at the counter does not care about me to complain. the person was really bad, when i needed 1 floor lamb, they does not check that do they have any more floor lamb and just told me that there are no more floor lamb. And when it was the last day in Singapore, the person said all rooms are fully booked,so we needed to return the room at 1 pm. But when i went down to eat breakfast, there are not really that much people coming to eat breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
6  Thank percy c
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

When we made a booking over the internet, we requested a twin bed room for us (my wife, a kid and I). However, at checking in, the lady told us the twin bed room was not yet ready and suggested us trying the single bed room. Unfortunately, we found the bed wouldn't be good for 3 persons and we requested switching to the twin bed room. The guy at the front desk didn't care and just told us all the twin bed rooms were sold out. And we requested for switching on the next day, the guy just said no twin bed room was available before our checking out date.

Also, in term of location, unless you planned to stay in Sentosa, it is very inconvenient. You need to make several transfers to go to the down town.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Traveller_HK_2012
Reviewed January 27, 2014

The Location.

We arrived at Changi Airport and from the agent that we booked the hotel stated that there'd be free shuttle that will take us from the airport to the hotel. But we were unable to find the shuttle service at the airport. We asked the information, they said that we need to make an arrangement first with the hotel. Quite shocking because when we booked, we stated correctly the date and the airline number we'd be arriving. So then, we took a taxi, cost us about $25. We were 5 travelers, that's why it's worthed using a cab instead of other public transport. The location of the hotel was perfect, next to the watermark (they had a small gate entrance for the hotel's guests. The hotel was located at the very end of the other hotel, seems very private and quiet area (where the other chain from the front gate like Hotel Michael then Hard Rock Hotel and the last one is this hotel).

The Staffs and Check In Process
The staffs were very helpful, from the front door to the front desk. Since we stayed at the hotel for 5 days, we were asked to put a safety deposit about S$900 for 5 days using credit card. So we did. They gave us maps around the area, things to do, entrance prices, restaurants and so on. They gave us the 5th floor, connecting room.

The Room
The room was great, incredibly big than any other hotel I've stayed. Plenty of room for my kids to run around. They have balcony with a chair and a table, which in my rooms we were facing the waterpark, great! The worst part is, the 5th floor, all the balcony is a no-see through, which means we had to stand up in order to see the waterpark, where as the 6th floor and above, you can see the view by just sitting down at the chair. Maybe if we stayed there next time, we won't be stayed at the 5th floor again.

The Bathroom
It was a very big bathroom, with a bath up, a shower, a toilet and two sinks with a huge glass that see through the entire room. But don't worry, it has covers :) In my room's toilet, something a bit smell, I think the drain system was not working properly. Where at my kids' toilet, you can't smell a thing. Main thing is the toilet was clean, that's more than enough.

The Free Shuttle around the area
The Equarius hotel doesn't have shops nor restaurants (except hotel's restaurant at the lobby). All the shops and restaurants are located at the Hard Rock Hotel and Hotel Michael. It is a walking distance, but I couldn't see any walking path towards both hotel, the road is basically fit to 1 car both ways. So lucky us, the hotel provided with free shuttle services from 10:00am - 10:00pm everyday to that both hotels. But don't worry, in case you need a free ride beyond those hours, you still can ride those buggies. The shuttle comes every 15 minutes.
Since my kids didn't want to go to USS, so we decided to walk around and enjoy the fresh air and restaurants. Plenty of restaurants and shops. If we want to go to VIVO (harbor front), we need to take a monorail which comes every 5 - 10 minutes, cost about S$4 per person. But guess what, the hotel's concierge gave us free tickets, that need to be exchanged every 3 days. Great!

The Wifi
I mean, come on, who can live without internet now in this decade? All the informations, restaurant reviews can be found from this wonderful trip advisor website right. There's a wifi, NOT FREE, but it cost very expensive S$5 per 1 hour 1 device. Can you imagine? So we ended up not having any internet for 5 days. For me, it's hell at the beginning, but at the end I started to enjoy my holiday with no one at home bugging me. But for my husband, it was like 5 days of hell :) without internet :D He ended up buying a gsm card LOL.

The Check Out and Safe Deposit
The check out process was quick. But the safe deposit is not return to my husband credit card account. It's not a small money. I tried to call once I got back from Singapore, they said that it will take about 7- 14 days or maybe 21 days to refund it back to his account. That is just ridiculous. was not happy about it. I mean how could they hold our money for that long. They said they need to inform the bank and it took time to process bla bla bla...

Well overall our vacation was great.

Room Tip: Don't get the 5th floor, or you only see the sky from the balcony :) Buy gsm card for internet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family