“Not bad but pricey.”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Valencia, Spain
“Not bad but pricey.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The room and bathroom was nice and spacious but the hotel was not finished when we went so a big minus. Then there is no free wi-fi. For the price paid, breakfast should have been included! Location is far but there's "little" shuttles and a bus running between these hotels. View was sub-par then due to unfinished hotel but the worst part was the fake waterfall in the lobby, on a screen! Some good things are the international power plug connections and welcome fruits. Although view is not great but air is fresh in the morning if you face the hills.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have just return from a 3D2N stay. We arrived early but managed to get checked in straight away. They only had a forest view room available but we didn't mind that. The room was very spacious with a good size bathroom and a balcony. The hotel is a fair distance from the Adventure Cove, the Aquarium and Universal Studios. As we had our son with us we had to take the shuttle bus. The shuttle goes every 15 minutes but it is first come first served so at busy times you might not get on the shuttle. It's a short ride and if the shuttle doesn't run for some reason the hotel staff will take you on the buggy if you ask them. If you are going to the waterpark you can get the hotel staff to let you through a gate directly into Adventure Cove and when you want to return to the hotel you can ask the waterpark staff to let you back through. There is a pool in the hotel but it is only accessible to people staying in the suite rooms on level 1. For everyone else you can use the pools in the other hotels. On our last morning we had the breakfast buffet in Forest, which was ok, the usual Asian and Western mix. You have to pay for wi-fi, which seems to be the norm in Singapore hotels. Overall it's a nice hotel with generous size rooms but you aren't right by the parks so you can't pop back to your room quickly.

Room Tip: Forest view rooms are quiet but the Adventure Cove rooms have a nicer view.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 27, 2013

we stayed there on fourth floor for one night on August 25. the forest view room was better (quieter and better view) compared to the room facing adventure cove. I enjoyed the big room and the balcony. I think the hotel is good for couples, but not good for family with small child because you have to wait for a shuttle bus to go to other places, which means you have to wait in the hot whether. the swimming poor is not as good as the one in the hardrock hotel as well (hardrock hotel room is as spacious but no bathtub/TV in the bathroom; I didn't enjoy the bathtub in equarius hotel because there is no safety handles). there is no toiletries/towels for my son. And also: don't book two rooms under one name! I did that; and they only gave one room on time (at 3 pm). for the other room, they only gave me at 5pm after I called them several times (and the room was not cleaned properly; I found cigarettes' end /ashes on the balcony ). I ask if they could give me late check-out. but they say, if i booked 2 rooms, and one of them is on time, they usually won't do anything. I am not happy about that. I and my husband didn't have a bed to take afternoon nap because of the late check-in and yet they didn't do anything. at last , they agree to let me check-out by 12.30 (only 30 mins after the usual check-out time). still not quite happy about it. gave me the feeling as if I was being unreasonable. won't return because of that....

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The room and bathroom are fantastic. They are large and very comfortable. We had the Adventure Cove view but the rest of my family had the forest view but all our rooms are clustered together which is very convenient in comparison to other hotels we stayed at which didn't make the effort to try to cluster us together.

For $1,000++ for three rooms per night, it is a shame that they don't even provide free wi-fi.

Its location is not as convenient as Hotel Michael or Hard Rock hotel but it is next to Adventure Cove water park. If anyone is going to the themeparks, I would recommend that one tries to get into Hotel Michael. The breakfast at Hotel Michael is also far superior than that at Equarius.

The most annoying thing is the themepark ticketing as part of the 3D2N package we bought on top of our one night stay. When we checked in, they told us that the tickets can be picked up that evening at 9pm. When we went to the concierge after 10pm, I was told that they only print the tickets at midnight; hence, we should pick it up the next morning before we visit the theme parks. At 8AM, the concierge managed to print the tickets for me, even though the reception had already had all the vouchers ready in one package for me to pick up. Anyhow, it was all sorted out but perhaps they need to improve their internal communication and have a set procedures about the issuance of tickets. Check in is also super slow. We queued up for almost 1 hr.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Made a reservation through a third party website for a night stay at Equarius. They marketed the rooms with tickets to SEA Aquarium and additional $50 dining credits to go with. Sounds good! The room usually comes with breakfast for two at The Forest restaurant. I felt very cheated when they remove this breakfast in replacement of this dining credits! There was no terms that the room did not come wih breakfast. And replacing it only makes me pay more since the breakfast are more expensive than this dining credits. What gimmicks.

When I raised this issue to RWS and the third party vendor, I did not receive replies from them for 2 weeks. And it's after days of repeated emails than they decided to reply me. All responsibilities were pushed to the third party vendor who replied that no breakfast were given since it was not stated. Ridiculous! Shouldnt all terms be stated clearly??

This is cheating by the vendor and bad management on RWS part! Period.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank KWoNi
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel from their Genting Sentosa page under promotion package 3 days and 2 nights with Universal Studio, Adventure Cove and S.E.A aquarium ticket for 2 person. I reach the hotel before noon and I get to check in before the time that is pretty awesome that I don't have to wait. The room was fantastic for Genting company standard is not like the one in Genting Highlands looks very creepy and ghetto. I choose this Hotel Equarius cause is located at the end from the themed park and is less crowded, ,it might be a little bit pain if you are waiting for the hotel free shuttle cause is only one car six seated or mini bus in every 15 minutes. The buffet breakfast which is included in the room package was very decent and pretty good selection. The only downside in this hotel is does not have a pool and you need to use the one at Hard Rock Hotel. Overall the value of this package was about right in price. My families and myself was enjoy the stay with this property.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mingtattoo
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Bought the staycation package with 3D 2N stay + 2 adult tickets to SEA Aquarium, USS & Adventure Cove. Tried to check-in at 11am but was informed to return at 3pm due to the high occupancy rate. Me and my child proceeded to Adventure cove first since is just next to the hotel. The concierge led us through the short cut which is only for Equarius hotel guest. We returned at 3pm and initially was told the room is not ready which i wasnt very pleased. Finally they managed to get me a room but was on the low floor and the check-in was slow.

The room is pretty big, was impressed with the bathroom as it is posh & huge for deluxe room.

Breakfast was very crowded and gotta queue for 2 mornings, food is ok nothing special.

This resort is pretty isolated as compared to the rest of the resorts, hence it provides shuttle bus frequently which is fine.

No activities for kids within the hotel, it is more for relaxing.

Did not try other restaurants in the hotel but did order room service, the food is not bad.

Overall, worth the money and will return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family