“Great staycation in an excellent hotel with exceptional service. Thumbs up!”

Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We checked into this hotel on my husband's birthday for 2 nights. We were delighted to be given a room with a fantastic view of the water park, cable cars and the harbour. The room is spacious and so is the toilet with a TV, 2 sinks, bath tub and a separate shower area.
The hotel is generous enough to provide us with a complimentary birthday cake. Oh boy, that was one of the best chocolate cake that we've ever eaten! Yummy!
There is a free shuttle service every 15mins to Hard Rock hotel and Festive hotel for guests to go to Resort World's casino, F&B or to explore other areas in Sentosa. We like this hotel very much because it is new and exclusive. : )

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank BirthdayGirlNov

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the room. Good points: Size of room is spacious. The leather sofa is very comfy with many pillows. The bed is comfy. The balcony Is clean. What I love the most is the bathroom. I can even listen to the radio while I shower. The bath tub is also not too small for my big body frame. Free twg tea and Instant coffee with Standard bathroom accessory. Everything's almost perfect........except (pls see below) Bad points: check-in counter and conceige only can serve 2 at a time. Abit time waster. Req for city view but was told to wait until 4pm for it. Instead I took the room which overlook the forest,in order to save time. The lift to the hotel rooms was way too far! This hotel is not recommended for people who cannot walk for too long. The bed sheet has stains on it.. Overall: suitable for patient travelers. U need to take a shuttle bus in order to reach the hotel..and also checking in may not be fast.. Most likely they will ask u to hang around first as the cleaning up of room by the staff may not be fast. Despite the bad, I still love the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We checked into this hotel for 3 nights in June last year.

We had a pool access room and I would say the room itself was large and comfortable. There are some things going for this hotel but there are obvious faults that can be corrected and when done, I would not hesitate to give another star to the review.

The obvious difference between the Equarius and the other Resorts World Sentosa hotel is that it gives a quiet and peaceful vibe. The other hotels under RWS tout themselves as 5 star but that's a far stretch for me. Unless you think 5 star means a dark and loud (in every sense of the word) 80s disco at the lobby (Hard Rock Hotel) or a nondescript poor-quality, 80s-looking hotel (Festive Hotel). For marketing, this hotel should bank in on their difference from other Resort World Sentosa hotels. It's like an oasis when compared to the ones nearer the theme parks. But I don't think this works against it. As long as the shuttle and buggy comes frequent enough to ferry one to the lobby of the other hotels. The journey itself is but a couple minutes. And during my stay I was lucky enough not to wait at all except for twice which lasted not more than 5 minutes each. The concierge and the guys manning the shuttles were lovely and polite. As long as this service is kept up, I'm happy to return.

Breakfast was fine with a small buffet and items you can choose from the menu. There's a lovely area to have your breakfast just outside the restaurant if you're not sun-shy. If you sit inside, look up for interesting interior.

But, there are reasons I withheld the last star. They are problems that can be corrected so I don't see why they should be left to ruin the hotel:

1) Check-in: We were shown to the check-in counters but sadly no one tend to us. One staff was with another customer while others were sauntering back and forth between the counters and the back office. There were no other guests waiting for check-in. We probably waited 10 minutes for nothing until we finally got a staff to check us in.

2) Our pool access room was nice, cozy, comfortable and big. Bathroom was big. Balcony was big. Everything in the room was really clean but... except for the balcony! It was downright dirty. Construction dust was everywhere at the balcony and there was a huge clump of tissue on the steps of the pool. It has become stuck onto the step and on closer inspection one can see lots of loose, tiny bits of the tissue floating in the pool. I tried to remove it to no avail. That piece of tissue was to stay there for our entire stay. The dust coated balcony was only cleaned on our last night there.

3) The TV in the bathroom had a little technical problem and I left a note to get it fixed. That evening we returned to our room and nothing was done. The note was found crumpled, in the bin. (roll eyes worthy)

4) Knob of toilet glass door was found on the floor. It's designed poorly as the knob was too small and short to grab to open. I picked it up and left it on the stool in the toilet cubicle. It was left there the entire stay.

5) Strong smell of cement as some parts of the hotel must be still undergoing construction though we didn't see or hear it. Lots of cement marks on the walls. This place looks fine but don't scrutinize because the details exposes the fact that it is not a real true 5 star.

6) No cushions on the rattan loungers at out balcony. There were cushions on our neighbours' chairs. Yes, it's easy to just look over. There's no privacy at the balcony if you are wondering. Would be good if there's something to prevent guests from seeing each other at such close proximity.

7) Guests next room to us were having a party till 1am and stopped only when we complain to the hotel. There was a large group of them in the room and they were screaming at the top of their lungs before the complain.

Seems like I came up with a long list of problems. Nevertheless, if I need to stay within RWS again, I will still choose this. It's still better than the other choices under RWS.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Smelltheflower
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My wife and I booked a 3D2N staycation to celebrate my birthday. There was a real good deal at Agoda, hence we went ahead with the booking. Arrival at the hotel was at 2pm and only forest view rooms were available. We had to wait for another hour if we wanted a pool view room. We decided to go for the forest view room as we didn't wanna wait.

The room was more than I can ask for as it was very spacious! The best part was the balcony as it offered a realm of sanctuary for me to have my cigar and watch the sunset. Gorgeous! The L-shaped sofa was loved by my wife very much as she could stretch out while watching TV. The bathroom and toilet cubicle were very roomy. Taking a shower was a god-sent luxury indeed. Service in general was prompt and reliable. The gym was excellent and very well equipped and not many people using (what a shame really)!

Cons of the hotel:

No wine glasses in the room (had to ask room svc to bring it up)
Poorly stocked mini bar (limited selection of alcohol)
TV was too far from the sofa
Only 2 complimentary parking passes were given to guests
There were no mirrors in front of vanity top (inconvenient for shaving)

In conclusion, we were overall satisfie3d with our stay and will definitely return again. One more thing to mention is that we got to meet celebrity chef Sam Leong on our check out day during breakfast =) That sums things up on a nice note.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leroomtrotter
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We arrived at the hotel on a Wednesday, about an hour earlier than the usual check-in time of 3pm. Only the forest view deluxe room was available at that time; we had to wait if we wanted a room overlooking the theme park. As we preferred a more quiet environment and didn't want to wait, we opted for the forest view.

The good:
The room was extremely spacious and clean! It comes with a balcony overlooking the forest; very tranquil and lovely.

The bed was really comfortable, came with 2 pillows and a cushion per person. So comfortable, we slept in till real late.

We totally loved relaxing at the L-shaped sofa with the multiple cushions, enjoying the complimentary Nescafe coffee and TWG tea selections (English breakfast, sencha and camomile).

The shower (normal adjustable shower head / rain-shower) came with shampoo (bring your own conditioner) and shower gel (lemongrass scent I think... loved it!) and the separate bath tub was big enough for two. There was a smaller TV if you want to soak in the tub and watch TV at the same time.

Check-in and check-out was a breeze; maybe because it was a Wednesday/Thursday.

Staff that we encountered were friendly and pro-active.

The not-so-good... if we want to be really picky:
Location is a little far away from the rest of the attractions... but since we wanted peace and quiet, we thought the location was pretty fine, especially since there is free shuttle service that brings us to the other hotels within resort world every 15min or so (ends by 10pm on weekdays; later for weekends) and buggy rides in between (not sure how this works; we usually just inform them that we are waiting for the shuttle and sometimes we ended up with the buggy ride instead).

No free wifi. Yes we had our own data plan, but seriously, why don't hotels provide free wifi?

"Discretionary privacy screen between bedroom and bathroom". Never quite figured this out after pressing all the switches we could find. We supposed it's great to be able to watch the huge TV as one uses the basin... but... we prefer huge mirrors in front of us (well, there are huge mirrors in many areas within the room).

In all, we really enjoyed our stay and would want to come back again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lendeliz
Reviewed March 7, 2013

On arrival to this hotel I have a 7 hour delay with Emirates and Emirates had not been helpful at all during this time so I was very stressed and frustrated upon arrival to the hotel. To top the day off my credit card companies systems were down and I had no access to funds to pay the hotel the deposit. The staff were so sympathetic and accommodating. They even offered to pay my taxi from the airport to the hotel!! simply fantastic. The hotel and its accommodation is most definitely 5*. I was allocated a king size bedroom and it have everything and more that I required. Spotlessly clean and the furniture and fittings were faultless. It was such a same I only had one night to take full advantage of this stunning hotel in great surroundings.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JLS1976
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a 2d1n stay cation with my 2 kids and niece on 2nd mar,13. Everything was good till we got back home and received a call from the office manager that they found wordings scribbled on the room sofa and accuses us of vandalising it thus sending an email and photo requesting to pay $4225 for the sofa... I was so angry and thinking I might as well engage a lawyer to fight them and it definitely be cheaper than the couch... I called back and screamed at her cos I know my sons can't write so beautiful Chinese wordings. But frankly speaking, the room is nice and spacious, good view too but thinking about the blackmailing makes my blood boils!!!

• Stayed: March 2013