“Best Hotel Stay with Family So Far!”

Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed December 20, 2010

I am thankful for all the reviewers who had shared their experiences over their stays in the Festive Hotel. I have tried making use of them to the fullest extent possible:

State specific request early: informed reservation manager the need for bathtub, pool view, complimentary birthday tokens for child's birthday that coincided with stay, baby cot ... Manged to get the bath tub and complimentary birthday cake and was nicely explained why I couldn't have the others very nicely.

Driving in - Confirmed! For families who drive, go towards carpark at B1 West, follow the signs to convention centre, and park at Level 1, light blue pillars. From there, you may take the lift up to Level 2 and just turn left TWICE which will lead you to Festive Hotel in less than 3 minutes. :)

Food: Little choice for reasonably priced eateries. The best rice and noodles offerings would be Ruyi's.

Entertainment: Was a tad hesitant to bring children to the Voyage de la vie. But once the elder ones (7, 12, 67 (my m-i-l)) watched it, they did not stop talking about it! The Universal Studio was too crowded. Thankfully the late afternoon rain helped my daughter and I catch an additional ride and 2 shows with greater ease. Be mentally prepared to wait for 90 minutes! (no kidding) for the rapids and canopy rides!

I have stayed in several hotels with my family over the years: Pan Pacific, Mandarin, InterContinental, Meritus Mandarin, Copthorn Waterfront, Copthorn Orchard, Copthorn King, .... but the Festive Hotel is the most pleasant to-date!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,069)

Reviewed December 12, 2010

Nice hotel and the location is very near to the universal studio and casino too. The rooms are clean. But I find the deco too complicated which makes the room feels small. I felt pretty stress up when I am in the room.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank alanyeo76
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Sorry, I just had to say that out LOUD! Ha. Stayed in the Deluxe Family King Room.

Pros:
Service - Smiley approachable staff and prompt service.
TWG teas!
Comfy bed (okay, I've said that before but whatever!)
Fluffy pillows.
Good selection of TV channels.

Cons:
Pool - Nothing special. I thought the Hard Rock Hotel pool is better and nicer.
Decor - Super tacky.
Security - Totally lacking! There's no key card access for the elevators. Anyone could just be up at the room floors or access the pool.

1  Thank ro4ch
Reviewed December 7, 2010

We just came back from a 3 days 2 nights stay at the Festive Hotel. We chose this hotel mainly because it is the only one in RWS that can accomodate our family of 2 adults and 3 kids (13, 11 and 4).

Pros:
1. Good size room for 5 of us with a good view of the pool and the Merlion.
2. Loft bed. It was fun for the kids.
3. We were allowed to use the pool at Hard Rock Hotel which was awesome!
4. Location in RWS allow me to bring my daughter back to the hotel for a short nap in the afternoon after a morning is USS, while my husband and sons can continue to have fun in the park.

Cons:
I. Housekeeping is really poor here. We had several issues with them:
1. I found some hair on the spare pillow in the cupboard. Maybe someone used the pillow and put it back and housekeeping did not realise.
2. We went to the Hard Rock pool on our first day, and my kids came back with sand under their swimsuit which naturally resulted in a sandy bathroom floor. The next day, after a whole morning in the park, I came back to the room at around 3plus. The room was made up, but the bathroom floor was still very sandy. I had to get housekeeping to come back to vaccuum the place.
3. We forgot to request for a change of towels in the morning. So we called housekeeping to bring us clean towels in the afternoon (around 4pm, ie after the morning housekeeping rush) and an extra blanket for my son who was sleeping on the sofa bed, but found the spare blanket too thin. We waited 2 hours and the towels and blankets never came. It took any phone call for them to send the items.
4. We asked for the sofa bed to be opened and made up for my son. All they did was to open up the sofa and place a sheet on it. The sheet was not secured in place and frankly was useless. Once my son slept on it, the sheet was out of place. I now question the hygiene and cleanliness of the sofa bed. I have stayed in hotels with sofa beds. In my recent stay at Victoria Hoi An in Central Vietnam, the sofa bed was made properly into a bed with proper secure sheets and stuffed blankets like a proper bed. The chambermaid in Festive Hotel did not even bother to place a pillow and blanket on the sofa bed. We needed to get the spares from the cupboard on our own (and the spare pillow had hair on it!) The spare blanket was only a thin one like those you find in the hospital (even then hospitals would have lined them with sheets which Festive Hotel doesn't)

II. Breakfast selection was limited, mainly cheap food. Nothing great. My daughter refused to drink the milk that was served because they did not serve fresh milk, but reconstituted milk, and she could tell the difference even though she is only 4. Our room rates came with free breakfast for 2. The first day, we paid for the children. But since there was really nothing great there, only my husband and boys went to the restaurant again on the second day. I bought bread and pastry for my daughter and I from Breadtalk (a bakery) nearby.

I will return to RWS as it is a convenient and fun place for a short getaway. We may stay at Festive Hotel again as it is the only hotel that can accomodate 5 of us and my kids love it. The room deco may not appeal to me, but somehow appealed to my kids. It must be the loft bed! I'm tempted to try another hotel (Hard Rock for convenience of using the pool, Michael for better proximity to USS), even if it means I have to book 2 rooms!

Reviewed November 26, 2010

We booked the Festive Hotel due to it's ability to accommodate our family of 3 kids and 2 adults and its proximity to Universal Studios. Therefore we had the Festive Family room and a connecting Deluxe room for extended family members who were joining us for the trip. We stayed for 3 nights.

Driving in - Finding the car park for Festive Hotel was not a breeze as the signs to Festive Hotel disappears the minute we entered the carpark gantry. Carpark is huge. We were unsure of where to park so that wecould be near the entrance of the hotel as we had luggages to carry with us. Luckily, we checked with the parking attendant, who called her supervisor, and we were shown the way to another carpark entrance which was much nearer to Festive Hotel. For families who drive, go towards carpark at B1 West, follow the signs to convention centre, and park at Level 1, light blue pillars. From there, you may take the lift up to Level 2 which will lead you to Festive Hotel in less than 3 minutes.

Reception and Concierge - excellent service! Was able to check in by 1pm though check in time was 3pm. Of course we did call in advance that we'll be coming in earlier. Kiddy packs were given to the children at the reception, and there was a TV at the nearby lounge to keep the kids busy with cartoons while parents were busy with the check-in. Remember to request for complimentary car park coupons, which is given each day per room, if you plan to drive out during your stay.

Rooms - The size of both Deluxe and Family Deluxe was the same. The only difference was Family Deluxe had an extra loft bed and a bigger balcony, and a bathtub compared to standing shower in Deluxe. The sofa bed in Deluxe was bigger than the one in Family though, which is more comfortable if your kids are older (10years) sharing the bed. Main bed was not comfortable for us as it was too soft. The sofa beds were in fact more comfortable. We prefer firmer beds, but this is just individual preferences.

Housekeeping - Poor! Rooms were not cleaned even after lunch. Moreover, housekeeping does not clean the bathrooms during our stay. There were urine stains in the toilet bowls from the minute we check in, wash bowls had black stains, water stains on the bathroom doors were not cleaned and there's an awful smell from the shower curtains in the Family room. And all these were not rectified for the 3 nights that we stayed.

Breakfast at Fiesta - Poor! for 3 consecutive mornings, we had the same selection of food. Local Nasi Lemak, fried bee hoon/mee, porridge, sausages, bacon eggs etc. By the 2nd day, were were already bored with the food. If breakfast does not come with the rooms, don't bother paying for it. Cos it's not worth the price.

Festive Hotel caters mainly to families with kids. So if it's for couples, I won't recommend staying in this hotel.

7  Thank SingaporeEliz
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Our family consisting of 4 adults 2 children and an infant stayed at the Festive Hotel for 3 nights in two rooms. I was a little concerned as not all reviews have been great regarding the hotel, we however had a fantastic stay and would more than happily recommend and return to the hotel. The rooms worked well for us, our 6 and 10 year olds loved the loft beds and the main bed was very very comfortable. The rooms could easily accommodate 2 adults and 2 children. The rooms were very clean. The hotel is suited to families and you will find 90% of guest are just that. Breakfast was good and the wait to be seated wasn't too long. The pool was pleasant, the main pool is all one depth with no deep end, the kids pool was good. You will have access to the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel next door which is spectacular. It was our 6 year old birthday while at the hotel and I asked if they could assist me to organise a cake and balloons. They decorated our room with balloons, and happy birthday steamers, organised a cake and soft toys from universal studios all at no charge. Excellent service! Check in was super easy and we were granted access to our room at 11am after a red eye flight from Perth which was a blessing. Overall the service and accommodation was faultless. The hotel is in an excellent location if you intend to go to Universal Studios or Imbiah lookout.

Reviewed November 22, 2010

I decided to spend a day at the Festive Hotel at the beginning of school holiday, as a getaway both for me and my kids after chancing it on the RWS website. It offers an incredible variety of shopping and dinning experiences.

The checking in time is strictly at 3pm, and even at 3.20pm, we could not get one on high-floor due to "the rooms haven't been cleaned yet". Besides, the queue at the reception was totally uncontrolled. There were no clear signs, jams and queue-cutting and the wait was exasperating at the least.

The entire corridor and room was plastered with orchid motifs, and personally, it's overpowering. We had a balcony but since we took the ground unit, the only view was the staircase to some patios; and looking up, you'd see a fraction of the cable cars. Whichever view was dismal. The only saving grace was the general cleanliness of the room.

For shopping experience, most belongs to the upmarket targeted at tourists. If you're not looking for Rolexes or Coaches, Swarovskies or high-end eyewear you could just complete the entire shopping venture in less than two hours. However, the kids were mesmerised by the Candylicious, Hershey's and the Garrett popcorns - that was their saving grace.

Overall, the stay is not worth the money, which didn't came cheap either. Charging like a 5-star hotel while offering limited amenities and attractions, this is for me, a "once in a lifetime" experience. No more than that.

2  Thank Reincarnated