“Nice family hotel”

Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here with my 3 children and mum. Great location near to all the big attractions of Sentosa - Universal Studios, Water park and Aquarium. Those super tourist traps were just a walk away. Short walk to Eateries. The bed was comfortable and I liked the ceiling detail. The swimming pool was lovely and not crowded, unlike the Hard Rock Hotel which we had free access to. I would stay here again for a tourist escape for Sentosa only. The room was pretty pricey but we managed to get a good rate through our travel agent. For a Singapore hotel room, I thought the standard was just very good, above average but of course not in the same league as the newer 5 star hotels in Singapore.

Out of all the touristy things to do, the one my family and I enjoyed most was just hanging out at the beach. My daughter and I did the Flying fox over the water which was fun.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Dear Jazzmmatazz,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Festive Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,065)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is the 2nd time that my family had stayed at RWS Festive Hotel (Family Suite) as I was quite impressed with my 1st visit.

After checking in, we proceed to our room (Room 465).

To my dismay, the condition of the room had dropped quite drastically:

- There's a layer of THICK dust behind the wall mounted TV (bracket can be pull out to swivel
the TV).
- 1 of the ceiling light was not working
- The lock to the balcony was broken. Need to Call room service for THREE times before the
repairman finally arrive after almost FOUR hours!
- The bed seems to have bed bugs cos we felt itchy after sleeping on it.
- The balcony was also not cleaned as I found a used Coke bottle with cigarette butts in it.

The way they allocated the breakfast for their hotel guests is also quite bias cos those who paid more (Level 6 - 8) gets to go over to Hard Rock Hotel for their breakfast whereas the rest of the hotel guests (Level 2 - 5) were allocated to Michael Hotel (Palio). The food at Palio is very limited and also not very appetizing.

On the plus side, the location of the Hotel is ok and the cafe at the Hotel Lobby serves quite good food at reasonable prices.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Dennis_Chiang

Dear Dennis_Chiang,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent experience at Festive Hotel on TripAdvisor. We strive to deliver consistent, quality service to each guest staying at our hotel and are sorry to hear that you did not feel our hotel met your standard.

We would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues with you further and can be contacted at festivehotel.dm@rwsentosa.com. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Festive Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family were so happy with the services that we had with this hotel on January that we decided to book another staycation stay with them.

After checking in, we proceed to our room. We got a family room this time, it was cosy, clean & spacious. (Room 583)

To my dismay, the standard of service dropped just only 4 months away...

We have some problem with the TV and we called the room service to fix it and they took around 20-30 min to arrive.

Later in the afternoon, we found that the kettle was faulty as well. Once again, they took 20-30min to arrive with a new kettle to replace the faulty kettle.

The next day we also found that the bathing robes were missing. We didnt ask for it since we are not going to use it. Later in the night I was feeling hungry and wanted to order some food but once again I found that the menu were missing...and yes they took another 20min to send me a new set of menu.

On my previous stay, the house keeping team were very friendly and will greet you with a smile which I believe will brighten the stay here but now I don't see this anymore.

One good point is the bed, still as comfy as before.

Dear Ntheni,

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Its a great getaway with my family members. We were grateful that the facilities are clean but not many facilities around. The Deluxe room manage to squeeze 7 pax. The bed was big, room was spacious. All in all, we are happy to have our weekend stay there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Yusnirah,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us and I am very happy that we were able to create a memorable experience for you.

I certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

This is the first time staying in the Festive Hotel. Great location near Universal Studio, Casino and many restaurant.
The hotel is clean and nice, family friendly. My children likes the bunk bed but is too small for two kids.
The swimming pool is clean and not as crowded as the pool in Hard Rock Hotel.
However, the hotel is quite pricey.

Stayed: June 2014
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Ssmng,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us and I am very happy that our staff was able to create a memorable experience for you.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We are a family of four (with two boys). We loved the hotel, except that there were no places nearby where we could get Vegetarian food (with no meat).

The proximity to Univeral Studios, Adventure Cove Waterpark and Sea World make it a must stay for the days that you plan to visit these places.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank maakhansingh
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Dear Maakhansingh,

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We have been staying in this hotel twice. It was blessed we got upgraded to suite room last year during my daughter birthday. The suite room is huge, spacious and very clean. We totally loved this room so much. Therefore, we came back here for our staycation...Unfortunately, the suite room has renovated and converted into deluxe room. So we booked deluxe family room (apparently it's the biggest room in Festive Hotel now according the receptionist).

I don't really like the room, but my children like the bunk-bed. The king size mattress is also good.

We excluded the breakfast this round as we have very bad experience during our stay last year.....it was our very first time we have to Q for our breakfast and it was veryyyy long, it took about half an hour. Although it was not during peak season (mid of July 2013)...many were tourists from China or Hongkong. The spread of breakfast is pretty good. As we don't eat so much, so we would rather buy our breakfast outside the hotel (pay about SGD 19 per person for breakfast, i think it's not worth it). Within 5mins walk, you can enjoy Toast Box, Starbucks, MacDonalds, etc.

Swimming pool is good, it's not crowded. But we prefer swimming pool at Hardrock hotel...it's sand man-made swimming pool, it's a hit for both my children!

No Gym at Festive, but can use gym at Hardrock hotel.

As it's in Resort World Sentosa, you can easily visit Universal Studio, SEA Aquarium and Adventure Cove. The hotel also provided free monorail which you can go to Sentosa Island and Vivocity too. if you drive, you can ask free parking at conceirge.

Overall, we have had fun staying at Resort World Sentosa....since no more suite room at Festive, so we will try other hotels in RWS next time. Enjoy!!

Room Tip: Rooms overview the swimming pool much better....