“Fabulous for families!”

Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying at the Festive late December 2013. We arrived at a ridiculous hour early in the morning and were welcomed by cheery, helpful staff who offered great advice on things to do whilst waiting for our room. Our family of five were then allowed to check in five hours early to rest our sleep deprived heads. The room was modern, clean and comfy. We tried Festive, Hard Rock and Hotel Michael for breakfast. Each offered different dishes and we enjoyed them all. Festive was the most basic but, it was perfect for us when we were on the run to meet tour bus for early pick-ups. The staff even offered us paper bags for take-away meals! We loved relaxing in the spacious pool later after a hard day of sightseeing ;-). The doorman (his name escapes me sorry), was fabulous and an asset to the hotel. Approachable, full of great advice and such a warm, friendly person. After our tour operator failed to show, the young man at the concierge desk was amazing. He managed to get the uncooperative tour company to fix their stuff-up and make everything right for us. I can't go on enough about all the wonderful staff we encountered at the Festive. We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen d
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Dear Karen d,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us and I am very happy that our staff was able to create a memorable experience for you.

We certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Manager-Festive Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,984)

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

My family and friends had a fantastic staycation at Festive Hotel. We booked for two family deluxe rooms which has a loft bed in each. My six years old daughter was absolutely thrilled to make that her bed for the night. We really love the room because it was so spacious! There is even a sofa bed which can sleep two persons. So technically the room can accommodate two adults and three kids quite comfortably. It is the best value hotel in Sentosa. The check-in was smooth and efficient and the front desk was quite helpful when we check out but had to borrow the hotel's bathrobe for my friend's toddler for a couple of hours because she fell asleep while wrapped up in the hotel's bathrobe, and we didn't want to wake up her.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cheong C
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear myokiki,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

I certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

I recently purchased a voucher for $268 a night for a Deluxe room and trying to get the confirmation done thru the hotline was a total nightmare. It took 48hrs for confirmation and my staycation in only 4 days away! When we checked in, we are offered a room in the basement right at the end of the lobby with NO VIEW, there was NO HOT WATER! After getting the technician in to check, he confessed that this was common in the hotel. I was shocked! Hotel no hot water? Not acceptable. I asked for a change of room and we were offered a room at level 8. No closet, no cupboards, floors dirty, no tub, the toilets were not properly furnished! It is not even close to what we see on the website. I called the DM who said that this was their NEW design! How ridiculous. It seems to me they renovated the room halfway and abandoned the project. They offered to move me into another room at the 6th floor but we compromised to have a double beds instead of a queen, the sofa bed had a blood stain. this was my worst experience ever staying in a SG hotel! I stayed in Hard Rock hotel and I really din expect Festive to fall short of the standard by so much! The DM offered to pass me her namecard so I can book room with her directly in future which I politely declined because I AM NEVER GOING TO GO BACK THERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay there unless you can do without a proper wardrobe, shower in cold water and don't...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear pauliyanna,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we regret to learn about some of the challenges experienced during your recent stay with us at Festive Hotel.

We have dropped you a private message and would like to obtain more details about your stay in order to address these issues directly and prevent future recurrence.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

They used the term 'Deluxe' too loosely and the room we got were anything but deluxe...
first of all, there was no closet, no bathrobes, no bathtub and the room is a far cry from what I saw on their webpage. Even though it was a 1 night stay, I totally regretted my decision for a stay-cation and I should have headed home...

The walls are really thin and I can hear whats going on in the next room.

There was no breakfast at Festive Hotel either. You have to go to Hard Rock Hotel or Hotel Michael. So do make sure you are early for your breakfast.

On the plus side, hotel staffs are really efficient and check in was fast. Also you can go to either Hard Rock Hotel or Hotel Michael's pools and facilities without any issue. But I was just too disappointed with the room to really care anymore...

Room Tip: Maybe you will want to request for a room with bathtub...I am not even sure if that is an option.
1  Thank jueline

Dear jueline,

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stay here for 2 nights in Family room recently in Festive Hotel. Must say that it is not that bad as other say. Arrived in the morning but room was not ready so they keep my bags. Staff was friendly and introduce us to SEA aqurum. Very nice my son like it. When we go back hotel at 2pm, they give me my room which is facing the pool. Room is nice and clean. My son like the bunk bed. Many places to eat around the hotel and also easi to walk around sentosa. Checkout was very fast as i aready pay the room before. Everything the staff very friendly and my room cleam. This is what i look for.

Room Tip: Ask for room on high floor with pool view.
1  Thank Minh0405
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Minh 0405,

Manager
Festive Hotel

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I should have taken notice of the previous reviews before booking this. The bathroom was filthy. The shower would not drain due to the clog of black hair in the plug hole. Hair was caked into the edges of the bathroom floor and there just grime everywhere. It was so dirty the whole bathroom just stunk. The shower was only warm and you could definitely not get a hot shower.

There is no minibar and the internet is NZD$30 for one day. We booked the family room for 2 adults and one child, but they still kept giving us 2 towels each day. The bunk is good for older children but too high for young children like our 4 year old. The outdoor balcony was also good, but would have been nicer if it had a couple of outdoor chairs.

Check in and out were both fast and the front desk staff were always pleasant, especially the concierge, Zain. They really need to train their cleaning staff though.

We chose this hotel as it was the cheapest on Sentosa but in hindsight we should have paid more for one of the other hotels with the better reviews.

Room Tip: Make sure your child is old enough for the bunk in the family room - they are really high.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear pme23,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed in the Family Deluxe room that comes with a King-size bed, a loft bed and a sofa bed from 13 - 16 Feb 2014. Was deceived by the pictures that looks huge. Trust me, it is not. Definitely not value for money. In the website, it says that the sofa bed will fit for 2 person, but in actual fact, 2 kids is more likely. But I don't care, since there's only my wife, my kid and me staying there. The room amenities was not checked properly. There were 2 bottles of body wash dispenser, but no shampoo. Water pressure is low, but that is excusable, since they were trying to reduce water wastage. A call to the front desk, and they will get it fix for you by removing the the tap filter cover.

One thing I was not happy of is that the room is rather dimly-lit. There is supposed to be lights on the ceiling around the round design above the bed, but the light is fused I believe. I called 3 times to get them to fix it, and even talked to 2 front desk staff about it. Every time, they promised they will send someone to get it fixed. But until the day I checked out, it was still not fixed. I wrote a complain in the feedback form. Upon my checkout, the Front Desk Manager (I believe) came and spoke to me about it. He apologised, but his excuse was that the staff may have misunderstood it thinking that it was the bed side light. That's a very bad excuse. Bed side and ceiling lights are not even near when it comes to pronounciation and pronunciation. Is their English THAT bad? I doubt so. Cos I spoke to a few of the front office officers, and they speak pretty well. But anyhow, I didn't want to argue, since I'm already leaving.

The staff were very courteous and friendly though, right from the front office to the housekeeping. Always greet you with a smile.

The breakfast spread is good and nice. The Asian Deli at the Festive Hotel lobby is value for money.

3  Thank DarylWongSauYee