“Not value for money...”

Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed in the Family Deluxe room that comes with a King-size bed, a loft bed and a sofa bed from 13 - 16 Feb 2014. Was deceived by the pictures that looks huge. Trust me, it is not. Definitely not value for money. In the website, it says that the sofa bed will fit for 2 person, but in actual fact, 2 kids is more likely. But I don't care, since there's only my wife, my kid and me staying there. The room amenities was not checked properly. There were 2 bottles of body wash dispenser, but no shampoo. Water pressure is low, but that is excusable, since they were trying to reduce water wastage. A call to the front desk, and they will get it fix for you by removing the the tap filter cover.

One thing I was not happy of is that the room is rather dimly-lit. There is supposed to be lights on the ceiling around the round design above the bed, but the light is fused I believe. I called 3 times to get them to fix it, and even talked to 2 front desk staff about it. Every time, they promised they will send someone to get it fixed. But until the day I checked out, it was still not fixed. I wrote a complain in the feedback form. Upon my checkout, the Front Desk Manager (I believe) came and spoke to me about it. He apologised, but his excuse was that the staff may have misunderstood it thinking that it was the bed side light. That's a very bad excuse. Bed side and ceiling lights are not even near when it comes to pronounciation and pronunciation. Is their English THAT bad? I doubt so. Cos I spoke to a few of the front office officers, and they speak pretty well. But anyhow, I didn't want to argue, since I'm already leaving.

The staff were very courteous and friendly though, right from the front office to the housekeeping. Always greet you with a smile.

The breakfast spread is good and nice. The Asian Deli at the Festive Hotel lobby is value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank DarylWongSauYee
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear DarylWongSauYee,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we regret to learn about some of the challenges experienced during your recent stay with us at Festive Hotel.

We have dropped you a private message and would like to obtain more details about your stay in order to address these issues directly and prevent future recurrence.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours Sincerely,

999 - 1,005 of 1,920 reviews

Reviewed February 17, 2014

The room and amenities are just too average for the rate charged. Unlike others Casino Hotels, minibar are totally empty, wifi chargeable at exorbitant rate, room amenities are too average and still far from being a 5-stars hotel.

Room Tip: Not sure if any tip can be share aside from front view which you can see those cable cars travelling...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank marcello2188
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear marcello2188,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor.
We certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We made an advance booking with everything pre-paid for a Deluxe King room. Upon arrival there given us a twin single room saying that 'Deluxe king ' is only available upon arrival and they got non availability left!!
They didn't specific it on the booking page and if we knew that they won't have a long size bed room for us we would had book another hotel instead.

With a 3 yrs old autism toddle u expect him to sleep alone on a single bed? And do they think that we could squeeze ourselves on a single bed is ridiculous .
They offered to open up a sofa bed for us but no way that I will want to sleep in a sofa bed for 2 days with that price paid.

After another long waited queue , the guy on the reception managed to get us a king size bed room without the sofa bed ( which is totally ok cos we didn't even asked for it earlier)
And the king size bed room is nothing fancy. Too dark lighting bathroom , shampoo with body wash only no conditioner provided. 3 people staying and only 2 sets of towels available . We called in to ask for 2 extra bath towels and 4 hangers and the house keeping lady asked us if we wanted our hangers with clips or no clips.
Since they asked , i chose with clips hangers but 20 mins later they brought me no hangers with no clips.
(What is the meaning of asking anyway?)

The next day at around 10am , the room bell rang off continuously 2 times, 3 seconds later, continuously 4 times. Thinking that kids r playing with the bell, I open up the door to find that it was a guy which is from house keeping . Asking me with a 'smile' on his face ' u wanna clean your room'??
From what I expect, usually house keeping will call in to that room to ask that question or at least they could only rang the room 's bell once only instead of 6 times continuously??!!

Overall, not so clean room, not good interior ( not exactly wat u expect as u see in the pics).
No politeness or smiles from staffs and porters.
And be surprise in not getting for what u ordered and paid for!
Furthermore, with that price paid u gotta pay for wi-fi per device!!!???

No thanks, I would love to visit sentosa again but surely not staying in this hotel ever again .

Ps: the only smiles and service we got from staff from this hotel is a porter whom we asked directions for. Which I failed to take note of his name . That is why I gave this hotel one star if not otherwise I would had given non --;

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Rowen W
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2014

Dear Rowen W ,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Went for a one night stay at festive hotel. The only "upsetting" thing that happened was trying to find the carpark. Signs to get to the carpark that is nearest to festive hotel was horrible and we drove in detours for more than half hour before deciding that we should just park and find the hotel on foot.
Room was not bad, quite pretty. Had the family room which is good for 4-5 people. No complaints about that. Service is ordinary. Tried calling the reception for some ice and took us 5 calls before someone answered the call. Overall experience is not fantastic but wasn't too bad.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Gina S,

Reviewed February 12, 2014

We spent two nights at the festive hotel with our two children (4 and 6years old). We were a bit apprehensive given the mixed reviews however we need not have been. Checking in was fine, quick and friendly. The hotel looks really cool and we all loved that, up there with legoland and disney resorts for special touches. The children were given lovely little welcome packs when we arrived. Our room looked really nice however it could have been cleaner, there was someones pumpkin in the fridge, a bit of grubbiness around the taps which I wiped off and then discovered a teat from a bottle behind the sink. It wasn't dirty, surfaces, carpets and linen was clean but it could just do maybe some extra time and attention to detail from house keeping. The cabin bed is very high, 6 year old loved it but our 4 year old was a bit scared and preferred the sofa bed. The pool was fab quiet and open late for a swim after our long flight, loads of cabanas to sit under, plenty of towels. The location is perfect, great for a wander around sentosa and perfect for universal. I've rated this highly despite the problems with the room because it was such a good price and it was only me who noticed the cleanliness husband and children couldn't have cared less and it was nothing a wet wipe couldn't sort. I would happily return and have recommended it to friends going to Singapore in October.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Louise T
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Louise T,

Greetings from Resorts World Sentosa – Festive Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip advisor. We are delighted to know that you and your family had enjoyed the stay with us and I am very happy that our staff was able to create a memorable experience for you.

I certainly hope to welcome you back to the Festive Hotel again in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had a great time staying in Festive Hotel. The room was spacious, the room jacuzzi was superb and the staffs are efficient, fast and accommodating. I treasure every single moment of my experience in the hotel and thank you for the staffs for making my stay-cation an awesome experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sofyan R
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Sofyan369,

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Last December my family decided to spend our year end hoildays at RWS Festive Hotel and left with total satisfaction. We are very impressed with the service rendered. From front office to room service staff, they all served with a ready smile. The room is spacious and always kept clean by the chambermaid. I also particularly like the room oversees the pool. Last but not least, I like the hotel location that is very near to the resort entertainments and casino.

Room Tip: Room facing the pool got better view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stanley544
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Stanley544,