“Lots of fun at Sentosa”

Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
“Lots of fun at Sentosa”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A great family room at a lovely hotel. The pool at the hardrock hotel next door is really worth a visit if you have the time. The hotel is so close to universal studios and all the other attractions, it makes your holiday that much more easier and fun. Lots of restaurants to choose from too to suit every budget. Would definitely like to visit again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views.
1 Thank Darwinmob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed July 26, 2013

having checked around , i was told festive hotel is the only that offered lof bed in singapore .on the check in day i was warmly welcomed by the doorman, who helped me with my luggages. at the checkin counter , i was served by one lady ,polite and attentive and despite my early than check in time,she was able to give one room.my kids were surprised with the kids bed type , well the room is decorated to fit a family nucleus. and the rate is reasonable , and with all the attractions just one step away ,we really enjoyed this vacation. my recommendation for a family stay with festive family deluxe room

Room Tip: ask for view facing pool
1 Thank Lsktravel
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed for three days and two nights in this hotel with my husband and two year old daughter. This is indeed a family hotel, strategically located to all the attraction for kids. Universal studios, Sentosa, Advenure Cove water park are just few minutes walk away from the hotel. We were able to roam around the area with our toddler and baby carrier. The room is spacious and clean, we had a bunk bed thought the stairs are too steep! Not safe when your are with a toddler who likes to try everything. For it's rate per night, it was a disappointed that wifi wasn't free. And they charge around 5 Singapore Dollars per hour! For a five star hotel, the service is not that efficient. My husband ordered a cake for me on my birthday which falls on the date of our check out. He specifically asked it to be delivered at 6am on my birthday so he could wake me up with a birthday song with the cake. COme my birthday, no cake came. He had to go out several times to check and to his surprise, the lady at the reception area enthusiastically advise him that yes they are going to deliver the cake the next day. On the day that we are already back home!! Talk about coordination. The manager was apologetic anyway, he gave the cake for free with additional fruits. But still, hubby's surprise was ruined. Also, the breakfast area is very crowded. On our last day, we had to wait 20 minutes to get a seat. We stayed on the second floor and the main door to our rooms doesn't have security access and I felt like anyone could really go inside considering that that floor is interconnected to shops and very near the hotel entrance. I wish there was added security. But we loved the swimming area. Our kid had so much fun!

2 Thank Mai M
Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I booked this hotel because it promised to be family oriented. I was traveling with a baby and a toddler and they put us on a smoking floor. They did set up a baby cot but said they do not have blankets nor pillows for it and could only give me an adult crocheted type, heavy blanket to cover my 4-month old. It took them an hour to give us the extra blankets and pillows we asked for. The bathroom is small, with no tub, filled with sharp corners. The breakfast at the restaurant was overcrowded, hot and chaotic. It was not worth it - with the 15$ cab fare to Orchard, it's better to stay out.

Room Tip: Do not accept rooms on the 5th and 8th floors if you have small children, they are smoking floors.
1 Thank maminixabi
FestiveHotel, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear maminixabi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we regret to learn about some of the challenges experienced during your recent stay with us at Festive Hotel.

We have dropped you a private message and would like to obtain more details about your stay in order to address these issues directly and prevent future recurrence.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Sentosa Island hotels

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This hotel has been marketed as a 5-star hotel, but it's frankly overrated.

We checked in at 3pm, and the lady at the concierge might be overworked, or having a bad day so we didn't exactly get a friendly welcome, but in spite of that, check-in was relatively painless.

We stayed in the Family Deluxe room, so there was a loft bed, and a king-sized bed, and couch. What was bad about the rooms was this:

1. Wonky remote for the TV - power button, and volume buttons didn't work
6. No bath tub
7. Lock on the bathroom door wouldn't work
8. CRAYON MARKINGS ON THE WHITE PILLOW CASES AND SHEETS
9. More crayon markings on the room service and spa menus

Very basic amenities? No problem.
Wonky facilities? Ok, not thaaaaaaaat bad.
Crayon markings on the pillowcases and sheet? Burn holes in the curtains? Bad lock on the bathroom door? No. No. No.

Frankly speaking, I was disappointed with hotel's maintenance of the rooms. I think the only thing that kept this review from getting a "terrible" rating were the front desk staff (bad days happen, but she was professional enough to not let it affect her work - kudos to her), and the friendly concierge staff who kept our luggage for us on check-out.

Other than that, the location was perfect - good for casino patrons and USS visitors as well. I wouldn't recommend this hotel unless you absolutely must have that 5-minute-only walk away from all the other facilities RWS has to offer. I think the other hotels at RWS are much better, and you would really enjoy them more than you would Festive Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank happeninglor
Dear Ms N,

Thank you.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here July 16-18 2013. We had 2 family rooms with an interconnecting door. I stayd with my mum and 2 daughters aged 11 & 14. Beds were comfy, rooms were spotless. The kids loved the loft beds even though perhaps they are a bit old for them !!! The ladders up are very steep so if you have young children beware ! The best thing by far about this hotel is the location. It is walking distance to the Water Park, Aquarium and USS. Heaps of restaurants and shops around. Eating the hotel is expensive so we didn't bother. There is a 7 eleven close by and even a Mc Donalds if you feel so inclined. There is no free wi-fi, charges start at $5.30 per hour. If you want resonable priced shopping hop on the monorail across to Vivo City. It's only 1 stop away and food is also heaps cheaper here. I bought 3 'Singapore' t-shirts here for $10 and when I returned to Sentosa the same shirts in the gift shop were $30 each !!!!! I have only given this hotel 4 stars due to the breakfast service. We had it included in our package and all I can say is don't bother !! There were long queues, it was extremely noisy and the food was very ordinary. So ordinary in fact we didn't even go back for our 'included' breakfast on the second morning. Perhaps the solution here is sitting times every half hour for the 3 hours breaky is on offer. It really is chaos !!! My girls loved the pool and spent alot of time in it. The Hard Rock pool is heaps better but we did find the Festive pool was more than adequate. If I do return to Singapore I would not stay on Sentosa again only because I've now been there now and it is a bit 'Vegas" like. If I was to give you advise on staying on Sentose then really any of the hotels are in great proximity to everything but the Festive was really good value as we got a package with tickets to everything included. If you have kids its perfect, they get their own little special 'pack' and gowns and slippers are provided for them as well as that loft bed !!!

Room Tip: We were on level 3 which is where the pool is and the breakfast room so I would recommend that level...
3 Thank singlewith2kids
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The rack price for the hotel was ridiculous. Managed to get a better deal from Agoda but still end up paying close to 1.5k USD for 2 Deluxe Family King Rooms (without any peaks; not even breakfast).

We arrived at the Festive Hotel at 3pm but only 1 of the 2 rooms was ready. The room was rather spacious but seemed a little dim (although it was still relatively brighter than Hard Rock Hotel next door). The hotel has a welcome pack for each child patron but it seemed that it was only available upon request from the front desk. The Loft Bed in the room was unique and our son loved it. The bathroom was rather big although it did not come with a bathtub. Orange bedroom slippers were available in the room. Even a small sized one for our son which I think was good. The furniture and finishing in the room did not look like they were for a 5 star hotel. A Hoseki alarm clock? Although the hotel was relatively new, it was certainly showing its age perhaps due to the relatively poor quality finishing and furniture.

Housekeeping was prompt, clean and thorough. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

The swimming pool in Festive was rather disappointing. Good thing patrons in Festive could make use of the bigger and unique swimming pool of HRH that came with beach sand. The pool in HRH was fun and huge (even has a lap pool) but it certainly lacked sufficient deck chairs. The HRH pool also seemed to have problems of many rough edges and mosquitoes as I cut myself a few times and my son got a few mosquito bites while using the pool.

Overall the stay at the Festive was pleasant and enjoyable. It is situated in a convenient location and patrons could get complimentary train tickets to go to Vivocity for the duration of their stay from the front desk. It was just that the price we paid was rather steep. Take advantage of the promotion deals from RWS and if you can get a good deal then it may be value for money.

1 Thank GCRookie