Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Capella Singapore(Sentosa Island)
$478
$355
Hotels.com
Le Meridien Singapore, Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
$167
$153
W Singapore Sentosa Cove(Sentosa Island)
$278
$254
$221
Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa(Sentosa Island)
$437
$261
Shangri-La.com
Resorts World Sentosa - Equarius Hotel(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
$235
$200
  • Pool
Amara Sanctuary Resort Sentosa(Sentosa Island)(Great Value!)
$187
$822
$252
$156
$146
$678
$536
2,134 results
All reviewsloft bedfamily roomuniversal studioshard rock hotelresorts worldsea aquariumtoast boxswimming poolkids loveother attractionsfamily with kidsadventure cove waterparkhotel poolbaby cotcable cartheme parkfamily holiday
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel is part of 5 hotels, Casino, High end restaurants, shopping and Spa, All-in-one Resort. Festive hotel is the one dedicated for family with kids and emphasis on the little ones. Your kids will get a welcoming gift upon check-in. in-room slippers include a small sized pair for the kid (was cute and my daughter went crazy over it). Swimming pool is a fun place for all family. Since it’s one resort, actually, you can have a swim in the neighboring hard rock hotel, which I highly recommend, a great pool it was.

The resort and hotel is well located to access other attractions of Sentosa Island. If your room does not include breakfast, nearby shopping complex includes a variety of food outlets. There is a bakery and a place called "toast box" perfect for breakfast where you can try the local most famous Kaya Toast (a local dish of toast filled with a coconut/peanut based spread, mostly enjoyed as breakfast).

Internet is a major issue for me, it’s more expensive than other hotels in Singapore, not to mention that the hotel charges per device, meaning that you have to pay for every device connecting to wifi. I don't know a family now with less than 3 devices to connect, the parents’ mobiles and an ipad or ipod for the kid. This would screw someone’s budget.

We took a family room, good for a family of four, a high bed with a ladder access, good for the older one, and the sofa can be extended to another bed for the little one. Bathroom is spacious, water pressure is good.

Although I do believe the rooms and services are over-priced for what you get in the hotel. But I guess you are paying for the whole resort as a package. I would still recommend it for other families.

Room Tip: The hotel is L shaped, and the elevator is located in the corner. Maybe you need to ask for a room closer to the corner to avoid the long walk to the room.
Reviewed October 24, 2012

TIPS for driving in with a car : Flash your booking at the Sentosa gantry to waive entry charges, park 'AT' CONVENTION CENTER, you can drop off people at the hotel entrance and head over to Main entrance of the convention center, there is an entrance to the parking right beside it (the exit is near there as well). Park at level 1, JJ4 Blue area, that is the nearest to the hotel. One floor up and use the walkway to Festive hotel side entrance. You will be provided with a free exit coupon (once for every night stay) to slot into the machine instead of using your autopass, get it at the concierge.

Checking in was quick as we made the booking via Resort World website. Don't expect bellhops to be readily available to take your luggage. Not-consistence in their offering during check-in, we were not offered the kid's welcome package, staff said they have ran out of it. Well, I have to give them the benefit of doubt but at least they should offer something else for the kids. The Sentosa Express pass was not offered until we ask for it.

The Deluxe Family King room we booked was more then enough to accommodate 4 of us. I reckon they wouldn't mind if you sneak a couple of more people up to stay-in, if you have a bigger family. The room can easily accommodate max. 6-7 person family, (2 adults, 2 teens & 2 Kids). 2 on the sofa bed, 1 or 2 in the loft bed, the rest can bunk in the king size bed.

There were no toiletries when we check-in, had to call house keeping to sent it up. The person on the other line was very well mannered and took the call professionally, she even addresses me by my last name as soon as she picks up the call. They sent it within 15 minutes, kudos to that. Rooms was clean, but no slippers was given, inconsistency here ! They really should buck-up on this department. The house keeping staffs (males)on the 6th. floor were yapping away in the corridor non-stop even as we walk pass, an act of utter disrespect for guests.

Be-warn, if you have elderly in your group, please ask for a room that is near to the lifts. It can be really really far walk to the room. Really like the personalize welcome message on the TV when you switch it on, nice touch.

Checking out was a breeze, not even 30 seconds, fantastic! Would stay here again for sure but next time it has to be off peak season and on week days, for a lesser crowd to enjoy Resort World better.

Room Tip: Get a sea facing room which will be quieter and relaxing outside the balcony
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Really disappointed in the service! Front desk upon check in told us to come back later as we were too early by a couple of hours. I asked if they had any free rooms. They said yes. To which I said so why can't we just check in early if you have the free rooms...eventually with manager approval we were allowed to check-in early. From then on, we went to ask about day trips that we could do or if they could book us in for a trip to the Sister Islands. The hotel was clueless! Considering majority of their clients are tourists, you would think they would have a number of trips organised with agencies (like every other hotel I have ever been to) and that they could book you in. No. This place, you were entirely on your own. They couln't even recommend things to do other than universal studios and the cable car. At no point was there a personal service or did you feel like a valued guest.
Breakfast was good, the room was nice, nothing special, I guess what warrants me saying its nice is the interesting 'dome' shapped ceiling.

Overall hotel gets 3/5 from me, I wouldn't stay there again, if I was to return to Sentosa Island I would try the Hard Rock Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We (2 adults and 2 kids - 5 and 3) stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting friends in Singapore. Its a great base for a short break in Singapore and I have to say that the room although quite small was perfect for our kids. The kids loved the bunk bed and they wanted to share which worked out fine. There is also a sofa bed in the Family Room which we did not use - if we had the space may have felt a little more cramped.

Check in was too long - we had to wait for some time as the hotel was busy. The kids toiletries were a nice touch.

Dining options are plenty outside of the hotel itself but the hotel's restaurant was poor - breakfast was OK.

I have read reviews on TA which state that the pool is small. For us the pool was great - it is relatively small I guess but it has a separate baby pool and also an area with water jets which our two boys loved.

In summary - adequate hotel for a short break with kids , but service and restaurant needs work.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Sentosa is a funny place - very asia lite. But if you just accept is for what it is - a completely man made and unnatural place then you can begin to enjoy it.

We booked the Festive as the rates on offer at Wotif had 50% off. This made it very good value for Singapore.

The hotel is all bright colour craziness but the room was comfortable even with 2 adults, 2 teens. We made them take turns using the overhead bunk bed as it was far more comfortable than the sofabed. Room was nice and clean, well appointed bathroom with nice toiletries. Agree with others that the rooms are a little dark.

Concierge couldn't believe that we wanted information on activities other than those on offer on Sentosa. Felt he was a bit begrudging handing out info about the Zoo etc.

Hotel pool is small but smart. The real advantage was being able to use the Hard Rock Hotel pool next door - a real resort type pool which we enjoyed one afternoon after venturing out into the city.

Over all we enjoyed our stay especially with a good room rate. Offer included free tickets for the monorail. Can't comment on breakfast as it wasn't included so we went over to Vivocity instead.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family