“Expensive but it suited us at the time”

Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Festive is the only Resorts world hotel which caters for familys. Our room was OK, quite large and comfy. Small balcony but no view. Same floor as the pool but facing the other way. We were happy with the kids rooms and a connecting door was handy. The brekky (about $33) was a tad expensive, especially with a large family group. ($360) We managed a substantial brekky elsewhere (The Coffee Bean) for less than $100. The restaurant was also too expensive for us as a large group so we chose others outside. The positives are , a few minutes walk to Universal Studios and a few more minutes walk to the monorail (free) which goes to attractions at the Beach Station one way to the huge Vivo city shopping complex the other. If you are holidaying on Sentosa the location of the Festive is its biggest attraction. As with all theme park complexes, it is designed to remove as much money as is possible from the tourist pocket. We did enjoy our stay regardless.

Room Tip: Difficult to say. I imagine upper floors may have a view but the whole area is very compact. Room wi...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cedunanomad

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The hotel is nice but need brighter lighting. The lighting is too dim and the air-con is too cool even set to the highest temp.
Other than that, the place is a nice and cosy place for family and couple.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Bought the 2 nites package thru deals.com. Emailed hotel & and they replied promptly
with the reservations availability.
Located near the universal studios, merlion & all attractions.
Room is very spacious with king size & a loft bed. There is a balcony with swimming pool
& merlion view.
Check in and check out is super fast. Complimentary parking given.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shahrin
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We've stayed in other RWS places before but this is probably the best for kids. It is always difficult to get rooms for bigger families but we managed a reasonable deal for a group of 11, 4 adults and 7 kids from 6 to 15. Bunk beds are a plus and rooms a capable of 4-5 people if permitted. Breakfast was very expensive (especially for kids who are not big eaters). Pool etc. good, location handy and a short walk to Universal Studios, monorail etc. Biggest problem for us was the lack of cheap food in the vicinity, sometimes kids just wanted a snack but it was hard to find. RWS seems to be keen on keeping you inside the complex, whereas a short monorail trip away there are a lot more options.

Floor three near the restaurant can be noisy at times but the rooms are reasonably sound proofed. Views not much to rave about - all we saw was a wall, but there was a smallish balcony.

Room Tip: See earlier, try to get away from restaurant/pool floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TanjungBaraDiver
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband, me and my two young children visited the Festive hotel from 26 to 29 Sep. Firstly, regarding the room, I am very disappointed with the hotel's cleanliness. The bath tub was dirty when we check in and there was no stopper for the bath tub so I couldn't bath my two young children. We have call the room service twice on first day and the bath tub stopper never came. My husband called house keeping on second day, they told him they will need a day to get it done and my husband just ask them why they can't get a stopper from an empty room first as we are checking out on 3Rd day so no point fixing on 3Rd day.

Secondly, the room is dark and dusty. The most unbearable part is, the bedsheet is torn! I cannot accept than fact that I am paying a 5 star price for a 3 star hotel standard. A lot of 4 star hotel in orchard far exceeds the standard. I have chosen Festive hotel. is became I had good experience staying in Hotel Micheal Suite room. So I was expecting a similar if not better standard for Festive hotel.

Nonetheless the only good thing we have enjoyed is the swimming pool in Hard Rock Cafe hotel, which is desire Festive hotel. We won't be back again for the lousy experience.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank amanda_leow
Reviewed October 8, 2012

There are two of us and we stayed in Room 324 over the weekends from 5 to 7 Oct '12 on a prepaid basis. To start off, checking in and out of the hotel is a breeze and all are done within a couple of minutes. Our hotel room has a balcony that overlooks the swimming pool. The room itself is so cozy that we felt so relaxed. However what impressed us most is the cleanliness of the room - what an efficient team of house-keepers they have!
Overall, the location of the hotel is ideal with abundance of eating outlets nearby.

Room Tip: The hotel's swimming pool is located on the same level as the rooms on the third storey. Hence...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I havent even stayed here yet & I am dreading it -

I booked a prepaid 2 nights stay which is non refundable with 2 simple requests.

(1) request a room with a balcony as I need fresh air due to health issues
(2) request a late check out as our flight is not till very late and we will not be checking in until 2am

I get a very rude email back stating the hotel does not have any rooms with balconys!!!! and if i want a late check out I must pay a full days stay at the daily rack rate ......(the daily rack rate is a complete rip off and you you be insane to pay that)

Obviously the staff believe Iam also retarded due to thae fact that they think I do not know they have rooms with balconys. !!!!! &$@!%@

Every single hotel I have ever stayed in (a lot) has accomodated me if i require a late check out due to travel plans.....This is what you call customer service and keeping guests longer in your hotel to spend money on facilties....IE. Casino, bar, resturaunts ETC ETC....keeps GFC from closing in on such fascist operators as such.

I tried to cancel without penatly as they refused to accomodate my simple requests.....of course this was refused also.

Judging by the other reviews, it looks like my partner & I will be sleeping in single beds - Cant wait to explain that one to him!!!!!!!!

Not looking forward to staying here and I was so looking forward to going to Singapore....... Would not recommend!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple