“Good Family Hotel for Universal Studios”

Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Stayed 4 nights with two teenage children visiting Universal studious. Nice new hotel Had two rooms one a family room one double Nice rooms modern clean bright Staff were good Took sometime to check in at 2pm but staff tried hard

Good location for Universal studios If you like going up and down elevators. Close and convienent
Meals a little expensive but so is Sentosa. Bit annoyed no free Wifi

Had great breakfast at Toast house and great meals at Malayasian St Go there also find the hidden 4711 that sells beer at $3

Would recomend for families visiting Sentosa Bring your credit card

Room Tip: I liked a pool facing room
1  Thank Kendelle

Reviewed May 10, 2012

Stayed here as a family with wife and two young children (4 + 2).
A very enjoyable stay in a hotel that has a great family vibe.
Close to all major resort facilities and easy walk to the theme park.
Check-in was efficient and the little gift bags for the kids were a big hit.
Lovely pool and surrounds.
Rooms were of a high standard but maybe on the small side for 4 people, however finding any rooms in Singapore to take a family of 4 is a challenge, so maybe a better way of looking at it is it is cheaper than having to book two rooms at other hotels.
Breakfast was a hit. You can find other eateries within walking distance on the island to keep the cost of dining to a reasonable level.
Staff were all very helpful, efficient and pleasant to deal with.
We stayed 2 nights, but wished we had stayed 3.
Highly recommended for the family!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank mockwa
Reviewed May 10, 2012

The 2 stars are for location alone. NEVER book this hotel using the official hotel website as you will ALWAYS pay at least double the price of other reputable sites. Any contact I have had with reservations staff have been frustrating to say the least. Very basic service and facilities despite the 5 star price. However, location is good. There are many other choices on Sentosa, and if you require even an acceptable level of service, the recommend Movenpick or the new Sheraton W hotel. Rasa Sentosa is also superb.

Room Tip: Look at another property
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I stayed at Festive Hotel with my family because I read a lot of reviews that this hotel is a good family hotel. Sure the location is great because it's accessible to Universal Studios and dining area. When we got there we actually booked a deluxe room but upon checking in they said that we will have a free upgrade for a family room. At first I was very happy, but when we get into the room I actually didn't like it because before you can reach the kid's bed you need to climb up a stair which is so unsafe for my 4 yr old. And the bed was really very high that if my kid falls down there sure he'll be dead as in literally. Next, the room's furnitures are kind of old and the lighting was too dark even on daytime. Most of all there was no mini fridge, no bathtub and even NO BIDET on the toilet.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

... and the festive reception desk certainly made sure my first impressions of this hotel were extremely poor. We waited 20mins just to check in only to be told we had to wait another two hours. That was fine because we were given pool access and had lunch. Regardless the lines at checkin were a mess and so badly managed by staff present. This bad impression was further compounded by having to wait in line a further 15 mins when our rooms were available.

Positives : rooms are quite sizeable and kids bunk is a novelty.

Negatives : poor service levels and unresponsive "third world like" reception at checkin. Pool is also underwhelming.

Overall go Hard Rock instead. Better location and far better pool.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank jezza888
Reviewed May 4, 2012

The first time we stayed here was June 2011. My little sister treated us to USS. We had a great time and I promised my niece and nephew a room each for them and their family if they ace their PSLE. They did!

So our second staycation was Novemeber 2011. I booked two rooms using my Mastercard, for my niece and nephew. For that I won the top spender for the day which is a free 3 days 2 nights stay in February 2012.

It was a wonderful staycation for me and my family. The bed is so comfortable. I love the Hard Rock Hotel swimming pool with its artificial beach which is just next door to Festive Hotel. The breakfast variety was great with Asian food like poridge, noodles,nasi lemak, as well as continental breakfast with pastry cakes, fruits, juices, tea, coffee.

USS was just a walk away. The Sentosa rail gets us to all the places of interest on the Island. It was great fun spending time with family. Remember to get your Free Pink tickets for trips to VIVOCITY on the Sentosa Rail, Free complimentary Parking Coupons, Free Drinks coupons.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the swimming pool is nice. For Elderly folks request for rooms near the lift.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I travelled with my wife and my 3 year old daughter. The hotel has a decent lobby and a nice pool. We used the pool at Hard Rock hotel which is next door and it's an awesome pool with an artificial beach. Kids simply love this and also there is a slide. The breakfast at Festive hotel was just ok and definitely not upto their standards. Universal Studio is close past the festive walk and the casino. The rooms were really nice with an elevated bunk bed for kids.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area for a better view
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family