“"festive" hotel with a good location”

Resorts World Sentosa - Festive Hotel
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Philippines
“"festive" hotel with a good location”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Stayed here with a family of four. Pretty new by then. Comfy beds and pillows. Very central location, with the universal studios within walking distance. The free airport shuttle and complimentary bottled water saves us a lot. I agree with the other reviews, they have the smallest rooms considering its a "family" hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Gracia12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Philippines
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I chose this hotel because we are traveling with kids. We booked the family room with a deck bed. which the kids love. It is also at close proximity to Universal Studio , so we can easily rest and go back if we wanted to. This hotel has friendly staff. WHICH IS VERY RARE IN SINGAPORE! we all know how FAMOUSLY-rude Singaporeans are--starting from taxi drivers, hotel staff , sales people etc. BUT this is an exemption. Staff were very accommodating. Everybody was nice! Buffet Breakfast is good enough for every foreigner. They have a bit of variety. But dont expect excellent food here. just enough to make you full. Singapore is not know for gourmet food.

Nearby is the VIVO city for all your shopping needs.
Casino is just 5 minutes away. So there! Kids are happy and adults are going to have a great time!
Party on!

Room Tip: Get the Family room. its better than any suite.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank sexy888
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 11, 2012

As part of Resorts World this hotel is right in the heart of the action so depending what your activity of choice is - shopping,dining,Universal,playing Blackjack,heading to a man made beach you are within striking distance of most of Sentosa attractions. We live in Singapore and had a stay-cation for a night to celebrate my wife's birthday. With a 3 and a 1 year old we chose the Festive as it is more family-centric than the neighbouring Hotel Michael or Hard Rock Hotel. We stayed in a Deluxe Family Suite which given the overall size of the room was a bit of a squeeze - double bed,sofa which could convert to a bed and a top bunk bed that our 3 yr old slept in. When we put the cot in then floor space became a premium. Amenities are adequate but no better than that. I asked room service for 4 plates and a knife to cut a birthday cake and was told it would be $5 service charge. Company policy or not in my opinion it's not the right policy. Pool is a good size,is outside and has a smaller more shallow pool for younger kids - it also has a few water jets as well.Staff were very friendly throughout our stay. In summary, if you are looking for a prime location,decent family option as a springboard into the plethora of Sentosa-based activities and not a high end,5 star place to treat a loved one (without the kids,where Marina Bay Sands, St Regis or if the budget stretches Raffles is more appropriate) then this is great for all those needs.

Room Tip: Become a member of the Casino which you can do online. I then picked up my membership card before ch...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LLAKTravel
Friedrichshafen, Germany
Reviewed February 11, 2012

From the airport, best way to the hotel is to take a taxi which only takes about 20 minutes compared to 1 hour plus by train. Service desk and concierge are very helpful and friendly. We got upgraded to a family room. The view from the balcony is very green. You can spot some of the Sentosa resort attractions in some distance away. The room is very comfortable, and quiet. You also get the pink card to travel around the Sentosa island and also to the city. Universal Studio is just a stone's throw away. To sum it up, it is a very strategic location and an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed for 2 Nights in this hotel and I would say that this is definitely a 3 star for me. After staying in various hotels around the world, I based my own ratings on room, amenities, and service. The family room seems okay for a family of 4 and I would say the room its bigger compared to the family room I stayed in Kyraid Disneyland Paris Resort. The room provided decent amenities adequate for most families I guess. What got me disappointed was the room service which maybe I left the room too late (about 2-3pm). Informed the operator to get housekeeping to tidy up my room but when I came back at night, nothing was done. Oh wells, it was late at night already and I wouldn't want to kick up a big fuss over a small issue. But I guess I might choose other options when I visit Sentosa again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2012

suitable for family of four or five as the room is bigger. Universal studio is just around the corner and located at sentosa where there are a lot of things to do/see. mainland is just 5 minutes away by monorail. lot of restaurant near the vicinity of the hotel. splendid view of the merlion from the balcony of my room.

Room Tip: higher unit for a better view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ritzstar
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We booked festive hotel recently and it was a great and grand hotel. But it isn't really family friendly. We went as a family of 5 and we took the family suite which is basically suitable for Family of 3. But, they sofa is a sofa bed so that accommodates the rest of the family. I had to take the sofa bed since I let my parents take the double bed and I woke up with stiffen body every morning!

That being said, the hotel staffs are wonderful, they have quite a number of amenities and gives you TWG tea every morning and will just serve you like the should.

In terms of location, it isn't exactly near anything and you'll have to walk to the Casino, USS and also monorail service. But other than that it is really quite OK.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family