We stayed over new year Dec/Jan 2012/13. My husband, myself and two 11 year old children, staying for five nights. Overall this hotel was a bit disappointing. We had interconnecting rooms on the 5th floor. The first odd thing was the awful (and I mean really awful) smell in the foyers, lifts and corridors. It smells like they used the fur of a million wet dogs to carpet the floors. I looked back on some Tripadvisor reviews and see that others have noticed it too. It was quite off-putting. My husband was annoyed at the $32 per day WIFI charge (especially as our previous hotel the Pan Pacific Singapore had been free and ultra fast). The service here was terrible - long waits, indifferent staff, rude staff etc. One evening at 10pm there was an abrubt knock on the door, the guy calls out 'maintenance' and walks (without hesitation) into our room, he said he had come to change our fridge because it wasn't working. I said it was working, however some of lights weren't (which we had called about and never had fixed) and I asked if he was here for that…. no, he said and then insisted on feeling the fridge. After checking it was working he then looked at his piece of paper and said.. 'oh, wrong room' and walked straight out without a word of apology! The buffet breakfast was horrible, very little choice, and poor quality.
There were a few things that were good about the Hard Rock namely:
- location, location, location… right next to Universal, right next to Monorail, right next to Adventure Cove, shops / restaurants, Aquariuim…. all within 5 minutes walk
- fantastic pool - really, really brilliant pool one of the best we have ever experienced
- funky rooms - cheap, but amazing looking
I would not stay at that Hard Rock again. Compared to the Hard Rock in Orlando florida (which was amazing) Singapore was very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hard Rock Hotel Singapore offers uniquely designed accommodations with orchestrated service that delivers authentic experiences. Enjoy fashionable dining and entertainment options that combines both five-star service with a rock and roll edge only Hard Rock Hotel Singapore can offer. What’s more, being in a centralised location in the resort means you are minutes away from some of the region’s top attractions, such as Universal Studios Singapore® and S.E.A. Aquarium™, as well as Asia's flagship of the world-renowned ESPA. For those who need to host special events, take your pick from some of the best meeting and conference facilities, as well as an indoor exhibition space, including 30 function rooms and Asia's largest column-free ballroom that seats up to 6,500 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel, Singapore Hotel Sentosa Island