“Avoid long weekend” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Malaysia
“Avoid long weekend”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was my first time staying at a Hard Rock hotel chain and I've heard great things about it. But to my disappointment, the hotel on Sentosa island did not live up to its expectation. For starters, the elevator area at the lobby stunk. It smelled like garbage. It really bothered me and I did report to their workers but nothing was done. I don't expect this from a 5 star hotel. Next, the room itself smelled funky - like some moist smell. The management should have invested in dehumidifier. And the fact that there was no free wifi anywhere, even at the lobby, really bewildered me. I mean, this IS 2013 for god's sake. I've been to cheaper hotels that provide complimentary wifi in the room! Then at 6.00am, I was rudely awaken by the housekeeping. They were cleaning the room next to mine and they were talking so loud! Mind you, my roommate who was not a light sleeper complained the same thing. So I went out and asked them to keep the voice low, but they understood very little English I suppose, so we had to bear with their loudness until they left (which was quite long).

Apart from that, front desk was friendly and I really appreciated it. The room size was big but to be honest, there is nothing to shout about as the deco was really simple and minimal. I was expecting more I guess. I got a 50% off room-rate so I think it's quite worth the first time experience. I wonder if things would be better/different had I paid full price. But I don't think I'll revisit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel and facilities are supposed to be 5-star but large number of incentive groups participate at the time of our visit. Breakfast at the hotel seems so noisy. At the last day of our visit, quality for breakfast was changed. All were much better....this might cause from cost-control from incentive groups!!!!!!!!!!. Hotel should set up another function and food stall for separated area for these large groups.

Swimming Pools are OK.

I am glad that hotel provided us for Connection Rooms upon our request, My families enjoyed and had a great moment at the hotel (except ABF).

Room Tip: High Floor and Pool View
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Booked a 3d2n pacakage at hard rock hotel sentosa to celebrate my daughter's birthday from Sunday to Tuesady. The package came with free tickets to universal studios and the new sea aquarium and water theme park.

Check in:
We reached at 930am and attempted to check in but there are no rooms available. The staff told us they will call once a room is ready and we got the call at around 2pm. It would be better if we can checkin earlier but well at least they did call back.

Room:
we got a pool view king room. The layout of the room is good. There's a king bed with an additional pull out bed below and a day bed beside the window. We can accomodate 4 adults with ease. There are also sufficient storage space for all our bags. The toilet is open concept but have seperate cubicles with doors for wc and shower. I would prefer a door but no complaints there. The room and bathroom was clean when we checked in.

Service:
Overall service was quite good. We stayed previously at festive hotel a year back and service there was poor. This time round it was much better. Requests to housekeeping was taken care of promptly and our checkin and out was hassle free.

Location and facilities:
The pool at hard rock is the best in spore. There's one for every member of the family. There is a lap pool, sandy beach, kids pool, wet playground, water slides, everything that we need. USS and the sea aquarium is also nearby. There are good restaurants nearby so food is not a problem. Just remember to make reservations early if u are dining on sat nite as most will be full.

Breakfast:
Relatively easy to get a table for breakfast but food was lacking in variety and quality. There are also tour groups jostling for food if you go at the wrong time. This is probably the only area that i do not really like.

Overall the package was good value as it gives you a nice room with great facilities and tickets to all the attractions within rws. Try to go during weekdays as the sevice tends to drop during peak period.

1 Thank mkw-sg
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have stayed at the hotel fr 2 nights. It take 15mins walk form the station to the hotel enterance. It was a little bit far away to compare with other htel in the resort village. It take 10mins to the universal studio. We only need to bring the ticket and money to there. After we finish the studio we can go back to the hotel and change the dirty clothes.

The check in time is quiet long and there is a lot of china people talk loudly in the lobby.
But, the lobby is very trendy and rock. It's nice.
We have a swimming pool view room because we'ew the in 6th floor. It was the top level in the hotel. So w can see a ittle bit part of sea. The view is quiet ok. The room is not so big. But it was very clean and new. I am very happy to stay at the room.The toilet and the shower room is sparated into 2 parts but it was small.

A lot of people in the swimming pool but it was funny for they have a mini bar at the side of the swimming pool. And they make the swimming pool look like the beach because they use a lot of sands to fill the side.

Room Tip: Higher floor will be better because a lot of kids goes to the swimming pool in the early morning.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days with the Grandchildren. Location is excellent if you intend visiting Universal Studios, Adventure Cove etc. We were a bit disappointed with the hotel as rooms are a bit tired and shabby. DIdnt like the room and hotel passage smell. Also lobby is huge and impersonal. Thought I was in the middle of a shopping mall. Buffet brekky not that good. And we had nowhere to dry bathers etc, Request a balcony room.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a balcony so you can dry bathers
1 Thank Frances B
Dubai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

We organised our room at the last moment and we were pleasantly surprised on our first HRH stay. The location is excellent for all the Sentosa attractions and the kids loved the huge free form pool with swim up bar, jacuzzi, mini water slide and sand beach. Rooms were a good size with a great balcony that looked out over the pool.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We chose this hotel because of convenience for family vacation to go to Universal Studio although we need to use stairs. The rooms was spacious with pull up beds. The decor was a simple with a few poster size of rock stars pictures. The interesting one that Ive seen is the chair that came along with the room which is a typical 'function' chair where in my opinion does not fit in. No free internet although it is a pricey hotel. The restaurant for breakfast is not a Halal Certified and paid premium for limited choice of food. The pool area is very nice and clean where our children really enjoys it. The staffs are really friendly and helpful. And of course, being a Hard Rock Hotel, the entertainment is a plus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family