“Awesome pool and view!”

Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Some people choose this hotel for its LOCATION - next to Universal Studio Singapore (USS) with ample restaurants and shops around Festive Walk and even more with just a short MRT trip away to enormous Vivo City mall (ask concierge for free MRT coupons!).

But my main reason to choose HR and not other hotels in this area would be their noteworthy POOL COMPLEX. Imagine beach and pool with man-made soft and clean sands that get you a little Bali feeling without worrying of dirt and other "insecurities".
Young ones can build their fantasy castle on the beach and have their feet tickled by the cotton soft sands while in the water. Adults can swim to their heart content in the long pool and then rest in the hot jacuzzi pool with water jets so strong that it reminded me of my private reflexologist back home. The kid slide however, needs improvement. Heavier kids can't slide smoothly due to inadequate water stream.

Next to mention is of course the ROOM. Mine was larger than nearby hotels' rooms. However, I found the rockish decor inadequate. The honorable mention would be their large balcony and view-full windows - two things to look for in a resort hotel, and HR delivers both. My corner room had great view of both the USS and ocean area, together with unblocked view of sunrise and sunsets (hey, just sitting on the balcony floor for a while could get your romantic side kicking:). With these features, I could forgive a bit of dust here and there in the room (probably due to a construction work being done nearby ?)

With all those praises, I should mention some minor things I DISLIKED :
- Lobby is very uninviting with small individual chairs and lack of artistic interior.
- Check in and check out took way too long. They should start thinking to upgrade their service in this area.
- I noticed some housekeeping staff could not speak very good english...and the dust problem should be solved before an allergic guest seriously complain.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room with magnificent view of both Universal Studio and Ocean/Bay
3  Thank PutriNurul
Write a ReviewReviews (2,178)

Reviewed September 30, 2011

The hotel is huge, it was a long walk to get from the lift to our room and it (like the whole of Sentosa) was full of families and screaming kids.

The room was nice, it seemed clean and the decor was in keeping with the hard rock theme.

The Indian restaurant on the hotel site was fantastic. We didn't bother with the other bars or restaurants in the hotel as they were always very full with people. There were many restaurants on the island with a variety of options.

In hindsight I would have saved the stay on Sentosa Island for when we have kids in tow. It's not a place for couples, unless you are big kids yourselves.

It was a 15 minute walk off the island to the shopping malls. The malls are huge and there are two side by side.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Had a 3 day 2 night package with tickets for Universal Studio which worked out at excellent value.
We stayed here before the Singa Formula One and had an excellent stay.
The hotel was only about 25% occupancy and so felt quite empty which was excellent for us as you got the pool to ourselves, with being bothered by screaming kids.
I think the hotel is geared more for Asian visitors and tour groups as the TV channels are mostly in Asian.
The buffet was plentiful and of good quality but suffers from the usual rude people who fill their plates to over flowing and then leave half their food.
So room was quiet and clean with good AC so managed an excellent sleep.
Their is lots of storage space in the room and a huge bathroom.
The hotel has a huge gym which is open 24hrs, brilliant for working off the jet lag.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Before i read in trip ad-visor i will expect bad service and staff, but i am always a big fan of brand new hotel, so booked for 2 night stay. i am traveling with my wife and 1.5 years daughter, while making online reservation, i request for a small mattress for baby, surprisingly got a reply the day after and the hotel provide me with a baby cot free of charge. the check in staff was very informative and friendly at the point maybe a bit too talkative. the room is very spacious, high ceiling, clean and modern. personally i am not a big fan of hard rock theme, but i find it suitable and comfortable. even though in Singapore we're allowed to drink tap water, the hotel provide complimentary 5 bottles of mineral water daily. The hotel is part of the mega project Sentosa resort world, making it very convenient. its within walking distance to universal studios, convenient store, 24 hrs restaurant, casino, shopping arcade, and some free attraction. previously i plan to walk around Sentosa island for various attraction, but i spent all of my 2 days in resort world. should have stay longer. Hard Rock hotel is Sentosa resort world newest hotel just open at 2010 i think, they have the biggest swimming pool with sand beach style pool for kids. end of 2011.

2  Thank Mr_A_Indonesia
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I just came back from a 2d1n stay at this Hotel..

In all, the hotel on its own is pretty cool. The rooms are huge with really high ceilings. Clean and tidy, but oddly lacks the usual comb in its provided amenities. If you're alone you may find the corridors too dimly lit for comfort also.

The pool is huge and nice. The manmade beach is really a cool touch.

Sadly, the location is less ideal than other hotels like Festive and Hotel Michael. It's just too far away from all the action at the casino and Forum.

But if that's not what you are looking for, Hard Rock Hotel is great for some quiet time.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank seissa
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We have stayed in connecting deluxe rooms for around 2D1N on the 9th to 11th September. They lobby is dark and check in reception is unable to answer our queries, attitude is poor. Designs of the rooms are lovely and are of good space with extra pull out beds that is great for additional guest, children. However elevators are situated far from most of the rooms. It’s a long walk back to our room 387. Ice dispenser is at the elevator thus it is again another long way to and fro after a enjoyable day at Universal studio. Beddings are comfortable and sound system is superb, except some image quality from the Panasonic TV. There is an odd odour when you open the connecting door. There is no bath tub, and the shampoo and bath gel is confusing, one could have use the wrong one. Nevertheless, both don’t lather well.

The pool is the highlight for staying in this hotel but I do not understand why it is fenced up, with only one way in and/or out? Some part of the sand on the manmade beach is unexpectedly tinted with algae!! The most spoilsport point is that the pool is closed at 8pm. It would be nice if this time can be extended till 10pm.

Hotel is far from the forum where you can enjoy food of more reasonable price. The idea is good for privacy but again inaccessible, as one will have to have to climb up and down the stairs. Imagine elderly and parents with children and trolleys. It is definitely a safety area to consider and improve.

Being paying that cost for Hard rock, I would expect some kind consideration from the management in term of ergonomics. It is always followed with disappointment after any nice surprises the hotel would like us to have. The housekeeping personnel is on the other hand, friendly and fast to accomodate request for additional towels etc since the rooms only provide 2 sets. The band is superb at the lobby.

To conclude, our stay is like the rollercoaster in Universal Studio, up and down, up and down. We are hopeful for improvement from the hotel, as these are minor setbacks for a return of a more enjoyable and welcoming stay.

Room Tip: Request room closer to the elevator, coz some of the rooms are really far...be prepare to walk ...Br...
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Plan this staycation to celebrate my husband's birthday. Book thru the hotel's website for their 2D1N package which include 2 adult tickets to Universal Studios Singapore (USS). The package costs S$488.

Check-in was ok, quite fast but then we were late, reach there at 4pm. But they need to improve on the queuing part at the reception counters. It is not 1 queue line leading to the counters. Everyone can queue for any counter. So if a particular counter is slow, you can see people jumping/shifting queue to another counter. I think they should change this system.

Room's is clean. It has all the basic necessities. But furnitures look quite 'cheap', not what I expect from a 5 or 4 stars hotel. Bed was comfortable but it's too soft for my liking (but it's just me, my husband said it was comfy). There is a pull-out single bed which was great as my 3yo child likes to sleep by herself.

The highlight of the hotel is their swimming area. It is huge! Consists of few pools. Kids would love the man-made beach and sand-y pool area, it's like swimming in the sea. My 3yo didn't want to leave the pool. Think she could spend the whole day there.

Breakfast spread was very average and quite limited. But it's acceptable for us as we just want to have a quick meal anyways.
The hotel is near to USS, less than 10 minutes walk. Which is good for those that wants to go back to their room to rest before heading back to USS.

Check-out was fast because there was no queue. But do note we check-out on a Monday. One thing I'm not happy about this hotel is their strict check-out time. I know for a fact it wasn't full occupancy, in fact it was low occupancy but they still refused to give us a later check-out time. All the hotels we have ever stayed in will give us at least extra 30 minutes if it wasn't full occupancy. I'm very puzzled why they are so strict with it. They even called our room at 11.50am to remind us that check-out time is 12pm! This is the 1st time I experienced being 'chased out'.

Would I stay in this hotel again? Probably not unless I want to go to USS again. I also wouldn't recommend my friends/relatives to stay here unless their intention is to visit USS.

1  Thank mulberry888