Some people choose this hotel for its LOCATION - next to Universal Studio Singapore (USS) with ample restaurants and shops around Festive Walk and even more with just a short MRT trip away to enormous Vivo City mall (ask concierge for free MRT coupons!).
But my main reason to choose HR and not other hotels in this area would be their noteworthy POOL COMPLEX. Imagine beach and pool with man-made soft and clean sands that get you a little Bali feeling without worrying of dirt and other "insecurities".
Young ones can build their fantasy castle on the beach and have their feet tickled by the cotton soft sands while in the water. Adults can swim to their heart content in the long pool and then rest in the hot jacuzzi pool with water jets so strong that it reminded me of my private reflexologist back home. The kid slide however, needs improvement. Heavier kids can't slide smoothly due to inadequate water stream.
Next to mention is of course the ROOM. Mine was larger than nearby hotels' rooms. However, I found the rockish decor inadequate. The honorable mention would be their large balcony and view-full windows - two things to look for in a resort hotel, and HR delivers both. My corner room had great view of both the USS and ocean area, together with unblocked view of sunrise and sunsets (hey, just sitting on the balcony floor for a while could get your romantic side kicking:). With these features, I could forgive a bit of dust here and there in the room (probably due to a construction work being done nearby ?)
With all those praises, I should mention some minor things I DISLIKED :
- Lobby is very uninviting with small individual chairs and lack of artistic interior.
- Check in and check out took way too long. They should start thinking to upgrade their service in this area.
- I noticed some housekeeping staff could not speak very good english...and the dust problem should be solved before an allergic guest seriously complain.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- See the new Hard Rock Hotel Singapore, where energy and glamour meet cutting edge contemporary design. Visit now to experience our new dining, entertainment, and amenities that will have you feeling like rock royalty. We’re just minutes away from the region’s top attractions, including Universal Studios Singapore and SEA Aquarium, as well as Asia’s flagship spa – the world-renowned ESPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Singapore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel, Singapore Hotel Sentosa Island