“Average hotel...but with great swimming pools” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hard Rock Hotel Singapore

Hard Rock Hotel Singapore
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Singapore, Singapore
“Average hotel...but with great swimming pools”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Plan this staycation to celebrate my husband's birthday. Book thru the hotel's website for their 2D1N package which include 2 adult tickets to Universal Studios Singapore (USS). The package costs S$488.

Check-in was ok, quite fast but then we were late, reach there at 4pm. But they need to improve on the queuing part at the reception counters. It is not 1 queue line leading to the counters. Everyone can queue for any counter. So if a particular counter is slow, you can see people jumping/shifting queue to another counter. I think they should change this system.

Room's is clean. It has all the basic necessities. But furnitures look quite 'cheap', not what I expect from a 5 or 4 stars hotel. Bed was comfortable but it's too soft for my liking (but it's just me, my husband said it was comfy). There is a pull-out single bed which was great as my 3yo child likes to sleep by herself.

The highlight of the hotel is their swimming area. It is huge! Consists of few pools. Kids would love the man-made beach and sand-y pool area, it's like swimming in the sea. My 3yo didn't want to leave the pool. Think she could spend the whole day there.

Breakfast spread was very average and quite limited. But it's acceptable for us as we just want to have a quick meal anyways.
The hotel is near to USS, less than 10 minutes walk. Which is good for those that wants to go back to their room to rest before heading back to USS.

Check-out was fast because there was no queue. But do note we check-out on a Monday. One thing I'm not happy about this hotel is their strict check-out time. I know for a fact it wasn't full occupancy, in fact it was low occupancy but they still refused to give us a later check-out time. All the hotels we have ever stayed in will give us at least extra 30 minutes if it wasn't full occupancy. I'm very puzzled why they are so strict with it. They even called our room at 11.50am to remind us that check-out time is 12pm! This is the 1st time I experienced being 'chased out'.

Would I stay in this hotel again? Probably not unless I want to go to USS again. I also wouldn't recommend my friends/relatives to stay here unless their intention is to visit USS.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank mulberry888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Dissappointing ...... paid a lot of money for this hotel, had to ask for water to be refilled in our rooms, on more that one occassion Rooms made up when we didnt want them too, and personal belongings moved and rearranged in the room. Very dark, dim lighting throughout the hotel. Breakfast not served until 0730 ( kids hungry before that ), pool closes at 8pm . Fantastic pool. Next time would stay in Singapore city and commute over to Sentosa to see the sights.

1 Thank simonna g
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

I don't even know how to begin:
-They purposely gave us a smoking room while we booked months ahead for non smoking rooms
-After complaining and changing rooms 3 times, my room's door's key sensor is broken and they said they have to call an outside contractor to fix it the next day. How can a big hotel like this have no stand-by engineering to fix it. I complained and demanded to fix that night since I dont want to be stuck in my own room for the whole night.
-Ordered a room service but never arrived and when we called, they just said they forgot to put in the order! Great!
- 1 extra pillow for 1 room, when i asked 2 extra pillows....What the hell is tat!
- Bathroom was dirty, black marks are on the bathroom walls!

We paid 400sgd a night for a standard room and receive 0-star service!
When i said to the manager that I will write in Tripadvisor about our complaints, he just replied, Sure thing! They obviously don't care about their guests....
WORST SERVICE HOTEL in the WORLD!!!!

9 Thank Stephanie H

Travelers are raving about these Sentosa Island hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

I read online that many had gripes about their check-in experiences and our rooms were not ready till about 3.35pm. That is really late. I mean, if you're going to be strict about checking out at 12noon, then please ensure you are prompt with our check-in on your part. The Reception counters need clearer signages so people know where to check in or out, and avoid people jumping queue, which I witnessed twice during my queue. The rooms are wonderfully clean, and have lovely decorations. Do request for a high floor with pool view. Breakfast is alright, and though there was a queue by 8.30am, it moved along pretty fast and we waited no more than 10 minutes on a busy Saturday morning of a school holiday.

• Stayed September 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Muntinlupa, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

It was the first time that i checked in to a hotel that has a different ambiance, the lobby is so dark and gloomy. It is only recommended to those who prefer dark places.

The room was okay except for the division for the comfort room is partially made of glass and when you prefer to leave a little light at night, it will be transcending and it could be very annoying.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

I just spent an hour here and it was the best hour of my life. I wish I could afford to spend the nite :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Very nice hotel, great location to take in all that Sentosa has to offer. Service was excellent room was very large which is not common in Singapore. The pool is lovely the kids appeared to really enjoy the sand beach. Two minor concerns about the hotel were the hallways and lobby are very dark, not sure if this is an energy conserving issue or part of the theme but I thought it was too dark, We had a deluxe room with two double beds and a pull out bed which were lovely. I was sharing with my cousin and her daughter it was weird to not have a door on the bathroom. The shower and toilet were both enclosed behind doors but when you wanted to get dressed after the shower there was no door to close to keep others out of the bathroom so I didn't care for that. We managed to get a great rate for three nights of $221.00 US per night which for Singapore was a good deal for 3 people for this standard of a hotel.

1 Thank vickidfenton