2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$266
Hotels.com$266
Priceline$266
Trip.com$267
Travelocity$266
Destinia.com$338
1,290 results
All reviews universal studios michael graves sea aquarium deluxe suite hard rock hotel swimming pool other hotels pleasant stay resorts world sentosa duty manager check in process theme park connecting rooms long queue other attractions free upgrade spacious room
Selected filters
Reviewed September 3, 2019

Oh Singapore is so beautiful and Santosa just perfect.
The Hotel Michael was nice and I enjoyed my stay there.
The furniture and set up of the room is rather outdated but it was clean.
Could defiantly do with an upgrade.
Location was tops.

Date of stay: July 2019
RWSHotelMichael, Guest Relations Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2019

Dear Andos62,

Thank you for your lovely review on TripAdvisor!

We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience with us, and we are thankful that you gave us a chance too! It's wonderful to learn that our location made it more convenient for you to commute around Singapore!

We had a wonderful time taking care of you at Hotel Michael and cannot wait to take care of you once again - thank you so much for the vote of confidence!

Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Place was great with wonderful facilities. The 1 bad thing is the poor quality of room housekeeping where an empty food container which can be obviously seen was left unthrown. Carpet was also left cleaned/vaccumed. Need plenty of improvement. Walking along the room aisles, one will see plates left outside room doors not cleared promptly

Date of stay: September 2019

Dear malerose,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review with us, we appreciate your feedback which gives us the opportunity to continually improve our hotel facilities and service standards.

We have noted your feedback about the quality of housekeeping was not up to service standard and sincerely apologize that it was not as pleasant as it should be. We have shared your comments with our team who continually seek ways to further enhance our guests' experience. I have extended a private message to get your details and hope you give us an opportunity to connect with you regarding your concerns.

We appreciate your time in sharing this review and hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back and recover your impression of the hotel.

Reviewed August 30, 2019

We picked Hotel Michael as it looked the closest to USS (our main objective for this short 2-night stay). This is true, although Crockfords could possibly have been the same distance due to the way the hotels' entrances are located (their lobbies appear to converge to the same point before exiting to the Festive Walk). The way to Sentosa Express and most other attractions in the area are sheltered too.

Check-in took much longer than average, I'm not sure why. I've never spent so long checking in at any other hotel. There was a slight miscommunication about the photo ID required as I was given the impression over email that any photo ID was acceptable, but actually this isn't true: they need to verify my residential address as well. The long check-in process led to a sizeable queue, and there aren't many places to sit and wait either, so that could be tough if you're travelling with older people. On the bright side, our room was ready so we could go straight in. No help with bags offered and the concierge looked swamped. I wasn't too surprised, the room was about $200/night without tax which feels like an average price for a hotel in Singapore. I wasn't expecting much at that price point. By the way, the extra bed is 70/night (w/o tax). They did tell us also about renovation works going on, but apparently we weren't staying at the side where it was taking place so we weren't affected at all.

The hotel is a really long one, so if you get a room that's right at the end (as we did) it can be a pretty long trek. I believe we got a refurbished room as requested. We stayed at a Deluxe room. It was surprisingly large so I felt that the price is quite justified. Even after stuffing in the rollaway bed, there was still plenty of space. There was also a prayer direction/Bible in the room. We felt the mattresses they got were really good, although I have a beef with the pillows but that might be just me as I really like firm pillows. But most hotels provide this kind of soft pillow anyway. There's no pillow menu. The rollaway bed felt quite comfortable too (unlike some hotels which provide rollaway beds that feel a bit like camp beds).

Cleanliness was acceptable except for some random gaffes: 1 mug and spoon still had a bit of coffee in it, there was a stained spot on the carpet in front of the bathroom, the iron looked like someone had ruined it and the surface of the ironing board didn't look very clean, either. My rollaway bed's sheets had a couple of black dots which I surmised was a marker stain so I wasn't exceedingly concerned. The shower isn't glassed in - just a curtain (with a small orange stain lol). The tiling is not a great choice either: my mother thought the floor (black with white specks) was dirty but it was just the tile pattern. The decor wasn't to my taste either but it wasn't blindingly ugly. I'm just glad the artwork isn't something offensive. I liked that the couch was leather too, rather than fabric which tends to look stained and feels gross. Whoever designed the room did a really good job. Also, the room had many lighting options and if you turn all lights on, it was really bright (again, something we love because most hotels tend to be on the dark side).

What I really liked was that there was a lot of space to put stuff. 2 wardrobes with 8 hangers is super helpful. There was a lot of desk space as well, and a couch with a couple of chairs which gave us a lot of space to chill on (or put our stuff). I find the furnishing and setup very practical. TV channels available were ok, I think most of the basic stuff is there like Fox movies, Nickelodeon, Fox sports.

They are actually quite scant on amenities, which I actually like. All things considered, it is quite eco-friendly. I've stayed at many hotels who still replace your towels even after you've carefully hung them up. All they will supply is hand soap, shampoo/conditioner combo and body wash, which I think is quite sufficient as most ppl prefer to use their own facial toiletries and moisturisers. They are also supplied in big bottles and not the small ones which I think is much more eco-friendly. They also supplied a dental kit, a vanity kit and shower cap. However, for 3 ppl they only supplied 3 bath towels and 1 hand towel. No bidet for the toilet, or handshower. I really liked that there are lots of racks where you can hang towels and clothes, which is something that always annoys me at other hotels. I also like the open bins - I hate the kind that you need to step on to open the lid. The shower heater wasn't great: I couldn't get the temperature to tepid (rather, it switched from hot to cold) but it was only for 2 nights so it wasn't a big deal. It was also quite difficult to turn the shower tap (with my left hand I can't do it). There's a rain shower as well.

Which brings me to housekeeping: they brought us 2 bath towels instead of 2 hand towels which we requested but that wasn't a big deal. They met our other requests promptly, such as a more decent iron/ironing board, bathrobes etc. They didn't bring the extra bed until we reminded them though, although the front counter said they would. Also, as I mentioned, they will leave your towels alone, but they also left our cups/glasses unwashed (maybe because I left my spoon in there). But they did take out the trash and remade the beds, and supplied us 1 new hand towel and floor towel, which I thought was good enough.

The minibar again was minimal, which I liked. I believe the fridge was empty. They had some tea. No plastic bottles, but a carafe with a note to let you know that you can get water from the lift lobby. I think that's really great too - all hotels should do this! Anyway, we often boil water. You can even get ice which is cool.

Since we were on the 5th floor the view wasn't great but it wasn't awful. If you get a higher floor on the correct side, you could possibly get a view of USS.

Check-out was much smoother. Since they deducted the charges when checking in, you just have to give them the keycard and it's done in 2 seconds. We managed to get a late checkout too as we booked directly with RWS.

In summary, a part from a few minor gaffes, it was a good choice at a reasonable price that was conveniently located. They don't have excessive frills but rather supply all that most tourists usually need (and don't waste resources supplying rubbish we don't need). It made our short staycation comfortable and enjoyable. Actually I would give it a 3.5 because cleanliness and housekeeping did fall short a few times. But 3 is too low as we really did have a good stay, so 4 it is!

Room tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
Date of stay: August 2019
3  Thank Azusa H

Dear Azusa H,

Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable review with us, we appreciate your feedback which gives us the opportunity to continually improve our hotel facilities and service standards.

Service is a top priority for us and it is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to continuously improve our service touch points. We have shared your comments with our team who continually seek ways to further enhance our guests' experience. I have extended a private message to get your details and hope you give us an opportunity to connect with you regarding your concerns.

Again, thank you for your valuable time and feedback. We look forward to your continued support and hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

This was my 2nd stay in Hotel Michael. I still enjoy the stay very much. The queue at check in was long but they have 4 staff members so check in was fast. Corine was most efficient and she accorded all our requests for the stay. The bellman was always smiley and helpful too.
The location was great and convenient to go anywhere within walking distance. Fratelli restaurant served nice italian cuisine, especially their pizza, which was great! Will try the rest of the hotels in the resort when I visit Sentosa again!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
RWSHotelMichael, Manager at Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2019

Dear auroramint ,

Thank you for your lovely review on Trip Advisor!

Resorts World Sentosa and all of us at Hotel Michael take pride in providing our guests with the highest standards in hospitality. It is good to hear that you have had a great time at our Fratelli Restaurant.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed our strategic location in Resorts World Sentosa and we are delighted to note that your overall experience met up to expectation and most proud that Corinne and the Concierge bellman team has displayed the level of service excellence we aimed to provide for our guests.

I have shared this feedback with our team and they are pleased to know that they have created an impression during your stay. We wish to assure you that we would strive to continue to enhance the level of service and guest experience in Hotel Michael.

We look forward to your continued support and hope to welcome you back your home away from home again in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Lisa

Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights because we wanted to visit the theme parks. The rooms were spacious and I love the bathroom. Breakfast was quite good and the staff were very quick to assist anyone. The concierge was also helpfull in helping us with local transportation. Keep up the good work Hotel Michael !

Date of stay: July 2019
2  Thank Jktla

Dear Jktla,

Thank you for taking your time for this 5 star review about Hotel Michael!

Our convenient location is indeed a stone's throw away from the Theme parks and the Monorail stations.

We are pleased to know that you have received friendly service from our concierge team, the level of service of breakfast at the Restaurant and the lovely bathroom that had made your stay a very pleasant one.

We hope to be welcoming you back again soon at Hotel Michael!

Best Regards,