“Best Location in Sentosa Island” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael

Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Best Location in Sentosa Island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Location ist very near from 2 Monorail station ca 5 minutes walk & bus stop in the basement .
Also the entrance for Universal Studio is nearby. Room was good but so many drawer , bed is very comfortable but no bathtub in the toilette .Breakfast was everyday same .Very small pool.
We book through Asia travel package accommodation incl USS , SEA aquarium & Adventure Cove ticket was value for money

Room Tip: Choose non smoking floor for better airflow
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Wimpyjono

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Lochen, Oberosterreich, Austria
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I thought that this Hotel will be great because of the good reviews, but now I have to write about the things that happened there. The room was very nice (0621) and the bed was very relaxing. I took a shower there and put the temperature to low and after one minute I jumped out because the water became more than 60 degrees. It was not only in my room, also my business colleagues had the same problem. In the morning Iput the temperature of the air condition to 22 degrees and on the evening when I got back it was very cold there about 17 degrees. They changed this every day. You also have to pay for WiFi SG$ 5,- for one hour, SG$16,- for four hours and SG$ 30,- per day. The problem with the WiFi was that the datarate was so low that you were not able to make a Skype-Video Call. Also a normal call had connection problems. I reported this to the hotel and they said they will fix it, but they didn't. Also the breakfast for SG$22,- was a joke I think. I came there and there was no bread. After 15minutes the next load of bread came and the food there wasn't very spectacular for this price. How many stars do they have 1 or 2? No they have 5!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank MarkusV87

Travelers are raving about these Sentosa Island hotels

Davao City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Stayed last May 22-24, 2013. Check-in was efficient. Take note of the official check-in time of 3pm. You can just leave your luggage with them and explore the resort, or you can go to nearby Vivo City. Be sure you have a printed copy of your booking confirmation to avoid paying the resort entrance fee.

The hotel in itself is good, but not the best. The lobby has no chairs, lounges for waiting (HardRock and Festive Hotels have better lobbies). I booked a non-smoking room, but it has a somewhat foul smell upon entering (I cannot help but compare how good smelling Shangri-la rooms are). We were given a room towards the very far end. It was very very far from the elevator, that you just want to crawl to reach your room at the end of a long day spent walking around Singapore and the resort. We did have a nice view of the Lake of Dreams show at night, so we did not have to go down.

They have an approachable and efficient staff. Room service is efficient as well and food is good. Location is really good. Nearest to Universal, the Forum and everything else. And since RWS is an integrated resort, it is easy to go to the other hotels, Festive and Hard Rock. You can check them out and even use their facilities since you are a guest in one of their hotels. Explore. Explore. Explore. There are so many great things to see around the resort. So many artworks (Romero de Britto, Roudin's The Thinker, Fernando Botero's Adam & Eve at the entrance of Hotel Michael and Michael Graves' furnitures and artwork. Don't forget to check out the Michael Graves store (if you are the artsy type) and Palio Italian Restaurant (if you get tired of the Asian food fare around the Forum). In the end, it doesn't really matter which hotel you stay in.

One big downside? There is no complimentary wifi! Really? Almost all less expensive downtown hotels in Singapore have free wifi. But you're not really there to use the net are you? Still, you want to be able to access the net anytime you need to.

As for the price? As much as I would like it to be less expensive, you are after all staying a hotel which is an ode to the resort's main architect and designer Michael Graves, with access to one of the best integrated resorts in Singapore. So I still recommend that you stay at least a night or 2 in RWS when you are in Singapore.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My family (two families) and I would like to extend our gratitude to one of the counter staff, Mr Sebastian, on our recent 2D1N staycation at Hotel Michael on 1 June 2013.

Upon checking in, we requested for a joining rooms which are also smoke-free as we have young kids on board. Mr Sebastian had professionally told us to choose level 5 over level 3 which we are truly appreciative. In addition he told us that due to a high volume of people staying at hotel Michael, he cannot assure us that he could get a joining room for us but that he would try his best. He would also try to get one of the two rooms ready when I was disappointed that we need to wait an hour for the rooms to be ready. At the same time, we also requested for additional bed for my mum. Mr Sebastian offered advice that the twin beds are quite big and told us to check out the beds as we may not need it.

True enough, the beds are big and we do not need additional bed, saving us the additional money. He also delivered all his promises; joining rooms, ready one room in less than 30mins, non-smoking smell rooms. All these came as a pleasant surprise for us. Throughout my 15 minutes at the counter, not only did he offer advice, he was very patient throughout and always carry a smile. He makes our families' first staycation at Hotel Michael a very pleasant stay.

Thank you, Mr Sebastian. My family and I are truly touched by your passion, patience and advice.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank summer16032005
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I think I set my expectations too high! Thinking that since this Hotel is highly rated, it must be wonderful to stay here, but I’m disappointed with what I got.

I booked a Deluxe Suite for two nights. The room is very big and spacious. As I requested a non-smoking room, I still smell a foul odour in the room. The bathrobe provided is very old and running treads can be seen.

The bathroom main door is faulty, cannot close. There is a separate shower and bath tub area. The design of the shower room is lousy. The water from the shower room will flood the basin area outside, making the floor very slippery.

I ordered room service but it took almost 45mins to arrive and the food is not as tasty as describe.

There is a missing glass in the bar counter which I’ve informed the housekeeper but she never get it replaced. I finished my coffee capsules for the first night and they never get it replace either.

There are three TVs in the Suite; one in the living area, one in the room and one in the bathroom. The placement of the TV in the room just look stupid as it’s mounted on a slighted wall so you can only view it when you’re on one side of the bed. One of the remote control’s batteries is flat. I took out the batteries and placed it on the dining table thinking the housekeeper will change it for me. She just replaces it back with the flat batteries. I did not quite bother it since I have other control to use. Aren’t the housekeeping staffs to check if the remote is working?

The only thing I can say is the staffs are nice and approachable, maybe they just need to be more alert and careful with their job.

For the price I’ve paid for this Suite, it’s just not worth it.

Room Tip: Do not book the Suite, just get a Deluxe will be good enough.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The good:
- when we first step in it was WOW
- spacious and clean room
- nice and cosy room design
- cooling bed and comfy pillows

The bad:
- no scenic view as we were on 3rd floor
- tv can only turn on at certain times and seem to be catered to the china market
- pool was super small
- baby cot provided was more like a prison for baby
- haf to pay for wifi...

Overall we liked the stay there but to pay it at the normal undiscounted rate for the suite I would think twice really....

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We booked a 3D/2N stay at $668, which includes 4x breakfast,airport transfer,city tour, 2x universal studios tickets,2x Adventure Cove tickets and 2x Aquarium tickets. It is impossible to book through the resort world website as all rooms have been booked by travel agents. We ended up booking through a travel agent.

Pro:
1. Concierge service was good, considering the place was crowded. Special mention head conceirge Gary who went beyond his duty to fulfill our needs.
2. Breakfast choice was ok.
3. Complimentary water in room.

Cons:
1. No free wifi
2. The shower area was badly designed, every time you shower, the whole toilet gets wet as the shower curtain fail to keep the water contained in the shower area.
3. Lack of security, virtually anyone can walk pass the lobby to the lift area to rooms.
4. Towels were old and used.
5. Requested for 2 extra pillows, was told only one is available.
6. Really small swimming pool, compared to Hard Rock hotel. Would recommend if you have children , please book Hard Rock Hotel or Festive Hotel.
7. Lack of information on ESPA services in room, was asked to go to lobby to enquire.

Would not recommend this hotel to families and if you have a choice of hotels, go to Festive or Hard Rock Hotel.

Hope it helps. thank you.

3 Thank Cara P