“lousy service”

Resorts World Sentosa - Hotel Michael
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
“lousy service”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Put a guest there, you can try your best to call the hotel, it will take very long and yet they put you to the wrong hotel. we send a limo there to pickup our guest for departure, not that the hotel is doing roaring business and it is so pack, not a single car is at the front door, the driver then try to park near the front door to go and pickup the guest, and the security guard keep chasing the driver away. what a rubbish hotel, never to put a guest there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Jakarta
Reviewed March 12, 2013

we received complimentary upgrade in this hotel.. big room with spacious bedroom, spacious living room and big bathroom with large tub. overall we were very luucky considering this suite cost about 3x our booking price. to top things of 2 universal studios pass is just made our honeymoon more enjoyable..

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank alfinagustaf
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel off peak on a Wednesday. It was very easy to get to, right next to the monorail station and right in the heart of RWS. You could choose to take the monorail and get to the hotel, use the boardwalk and continue walking all the way to the hotel, or simply take a taxi. They were very stringent on their check in times at 3pm, but we could leave our bags behind. We went ahead and visited the SEA Aquarium in the meantime. We tried the Italian fare at Palio and were not disappointed.

The bathroom decor was nice. I would have liked a tub as opposed to a shower but it was nonetheless very clean and spacious. They provided plenty of toiletries and personal items, including a robe and bedroom slippers. The bed was comfortable and the layout as well as design/decor of the room was very nice. We had a view of the huge Merlion.

We would return to this hotel again due to its polite staff, cleanliness and their best feature - location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I do not consider myself a difficult guest but too many little things made this a poor experience overall, such as the:
- long walk from the car park B1 East to the hotel lobby
- refusal to allow me to check in on my wife's behalf, even though she was on the phone
- lack of a bathtub in the room
- insistence on signing some authorisation form for wearing the hotel bathrobe to the Hard Rock pool (most hotels verify any shortfall on checkout no?)
- breakfast spread which did not change every day, and the prata that was especially hard and inedible
- lack of shuttle on Sunday mornings before 10am and the resultant long wait for a replacement buggy

Without these little things, the stay might have been a bit more average. The only positive was that staff did generally try hard to be helpful. I would agree with current rankings that Festive and Hard Rock are better hotels to stay at.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank naimin

Travelers are raving about these Sentosa Island hotels

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Of the 3 hotels that I've stayed at RWS, this is one of my preferred choice. Room is bright & clean, and nearest to monorail station & restaurants. The only thing I didn't like about this room is that it doesn't come with a bathtub.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed in this hotel with friend in September last year. The overall room are clean with interesting design in the bathroom and wardrobe. The room wasn't very huge but the good part is you can just walked down to the Universal Studio. They have shared their hotel facilities, like swimming pool, gym at the Hard Rock Hotel next to it. We have to go to the restaurant at the Hardrock Hotel as they have many choices.

The services are good and the staff there are very helpful.

Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cindy_CSY
Reviewed February 18, 2013

my family and I checked in for two nights last December during the school holiday period.
we went to USS - and this hotel is located very near to USS (which was good).

at arrival (about 1000hrs) we drop our luggage and left for USS.. by 1500hrs we went back to check in - upon arrival the counter was quite "messy" - no proper Q line (no proper guidance as to which counter go for check in).

Other guests just cut my queue and the receptionist, NONE were ALERT!!! I was really fuming mad after waited for more than 30mins and others just cut my queue. When my turn to see the receptionist - the lady receptionist just walked away, without looking at me and asking me to wait for a while - leaving me unattended at the receptionist!!

What kinda of service is this?? Oh! I forgot - it's a casino hotel - they do not emphasize on service!! just $$$$$ talk!!

SECURITY issues at RISKS!! - the guest lifts to guest rooms, no security features for a casino hotel? This is dangerous, as I have seen many people loitering around the lobby, lift landing area as well as swimming pool areas!! I even seen non-hotel guest sleeping on the benches at the swimming pool area!! There were no security officers seen doing their rounds throughout my few hours at the pool the next morning!!

ON the good side - I must say the rooms were very nicely done up, bed and pillows were very comfy. But as for the amenities, for the price I paid for I would expect as better quality amenities and not some "cheapo" looking amenities. The tiles in the bathrooms were difficult to care for, hence I must say Housekeeping done a GREAT job!!

If you asked me, will I stay here again?
My answer will be - "till the security issues has been looked into and work out and the day the management look into Trip Advisor and reply to guest feedback; I will then consider".

Because NO matter how comfy the bed and pillows can be.. if the management do not bother to look into other issues - nothing will improve but will only get worst!!

As for now, Movenpick is a better choice for the rates I paid for!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family