“Nitin ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Nitin ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

One of the best hotels and services I have seen till date . The staff is unbelievably friendly and the property is like your own luxury home. Will highly recommend their 1 bedroom villas . Their spa facilities are too good especially the steam and showers. Will be back soon

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself immensely during your recent stay at Capella Singapore. The team and I are proud of our hotel and work hard to ensure that we deliver service that lives up to our beautiful surroundings.

The One Bedroom Villas are one of my favourites too as they allow the luxury of space and privacy. Our award-winning Auriga spa also offers unrivalled spa facilities and is the perfect place to let your worries melt away.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Capella Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel last week for 3 nights. The hotel is a beautiful 5 star facility, the rooms are lovely within a peaceful scenic surrounding( although the port cranes and many barges at sea do tend to remind you you are not in a tropical paradise)
The hotel was very busy over the weekend and I am using this as an excuse as to why the service was poor. We were not contacted by our very own personal assistant to ask if we had any special needs as the website states. I had to call 3 times before my daughters bed was made up in the room. There was no maps in the room and as the hotel is a little remote we did not know how to get around. In fact when it is raining getting anywhere from the hotel is a problem as you have to walk. The line at breakfast was a problem that you could accept at a travel lodge, however not a five star facility. The reason I choose Capella was for wonderful service so left feeling very disappointed...

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Lindyloo5112
Thank you for sharing your thoughts here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the peace and tranquillity our hotel provides. Located on 30-acres of lush greenery, our hotel is truly a sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of the city.

I would also like to extend my sincerest apologies for the service lapse you experienced during your stay. Please rest assured that I have spoken with the front office and Personal Assistants team to ensure that they provide more timely efficient service in the future.

I have also provided your feedback about breakfast with the team at The Knolls to ensure that we are able to better manage our breakfast service during peak periods in the morning.
We offer a sheltered buggy service to anywhere within the hotel and also a regular shuttle bus to Resorts World Sentosa and also to VivoCity and the MRT station. These are very popular with our guests and take place rain or shine.

Thank you again for your feedback. I truly appreciate your honest comments as they allow us to improve as individuals and as a team. The team and I do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

We live in Singapore and are always looking for a getaway. This was the perfect place to rejuvenate for the weekend. Set in stunning surroundings and with views of Sentosa and the ocean it made for a relaxing retreat from the hustle of the city. We only stayed one night but felt we had been gone for 3! We enjoyed the Sunday brunch in the Knolls restaurant with a group of 8 friends, one word Delicious!! The food was extremely diverse, something for every palate and nothing to fault! I loved the speciality crab cakes which were being cooked in front of our eyes, two different types, both amazing. The service was friendly, and efficient, and very genuine smiles and staff.

Our room was beautiful. We had an ocean view room with balcony and was perfect for both my husband and I and our 5 month old. Loved the little touches and effort they made to accommodate our baby. The cot was set up in the room, with a adorable stuffed peacock toy (there are peacocks everywhere at Capella). We were even given a mini bathrobe for her (although a little too big) and also bathroom amenities, baby bath pack. Very impressed.

It was also my husbands 40th celebration, so the celebration in the restaurant didn't go unnoticed with a lovely birthday cake for him as well as birthday amenity in the room on check in.

The room was clean, spacious and modern. Did I mention the view!! We stayed in our room the whole evening, to make the most of it and ordered room service for dinner. The selection was quite good, being able to choose from a couple different menus, however the only down side was with huge expectations from the lunch earlier in the day, the room service dinner seemed a little lack luster.

All in all, can't wait to go back, really loved our mini staycation!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for Ocean view, its worth it.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank ladyofleisureisles
Thank you very much for your review here on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your staycation here at Capella Singapore.

Situated on higher ground, Capella Singapore offers sweeping views of the South China Sea. I too, love the ocean view rooms and find it very therapeutic and relaxing watching the ships sail past.
I am so glad that you were able to enjoy Sunday Brunch at our Mediterranean restaurant, The Knolls. Helmed by Executive Chef David Senia, The Knolls’ Sunday Brunch is one of the best brunches in town with fine-cut meats and unique gourmet dishes created with freshly-picked produce. The team at The Knolls are also truly stars – hardworking, loyal and dedicated to service excellence.

I have also noted your comments on our room service menu and will speak with Chef David on how to increase the variety on our menu.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore very soon.

Mornington Peninsula, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We have just returned to Australia after spending 7 amazing days at Capella. The hotel is second to none and staying in a villa is an outstanding experience in itself, they are absolutely beautiful. The staff at Capella can't do enough for you and are always there to greet you with smiles. The jungle like surroundings and the peacocks walking around everywhere in the beautiful gardens are just amazing. It was just perfect to spend the last 7 days of our holiday relaxing by the beautiful pools and enjoying the food at the restaurant which is opened any time. We couldn't believe every member of the staff remembered our names every day, which makes everyone feel very special. Bob's bar is a perfect place to have a drink and yummy chicken wings in the afternoon, we had lots of laughs with the staff there. We cannot recommend Capella highly enough and will be recommending it to any friends who are visiting Singapore. Lots of good wishes to all at Capella. John & Barbara McOrist

Room Tip: The one bedroom villas are highly recommended
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank BARBARA M
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your compliments here on Tripadvisor. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time here immensely.

Located on 30-acres of lush green landscape overlooking the South China Sea, Capella Singapore is truly paradise on earth. The staff and I are proud to work in such a fine establishment and work hard to ensure that our service is as excellent as our surroundings. I am glad you found that to be true.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I have shared your comments with the team and you have made our day. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Capella Singapore very soon.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Title says it all.
Get a room with a sea view and you'll fall in love with the place too.
The hotel is amazing, food is delicious, service is impeccable
Have been waiting to go back there as soon as we left the place.
I miss the breakfast in this hotel, it's the best we had in an hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LouisandCo
Falling in love is never hard to do with Capella Singapore. I am glad you found that to be true during your recent stay here with us.

Located on 30-acres of lush green landscape overlooking the stunning South China Sea, Capella Singapore is a world unto its own.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed breakfast at The Knolls. Chef David and his team are dedicated to providing the best quality breakfast with the freshest produce.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

What an experience! Jungle, peacocks, wonderful service, amazing food, fantastic service. Chef David and his crew are brilliant. Only drawback, location a bit far away from city center. But so much worth it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Capella Singapore. You have summed up the Capella Experience so perfectly and succinctly. Indeed, here at Capella Singapore we are dedicated to providing service excellence and I am glad that you were able to experience it through Chef David and his very talented team.

Located on Sentosa Island, Capella Singapore is an easy 10-minute drive from the Central Business District and Marina Bay precinct. It is two-minutes from Singapore's largest shopping mall, VivoCity and to Universal Studios Singapore.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

The Capella Hotel is often called Singapore’s best hotel, and for a reason: They put a lot of effort into making it a luxurious experience – sometimes even too much.
We had a villa with a modern, simple yet beautiful design. The technical devices are easy to understand and apply (not a regular in Singapore…), and the rooms were spotless and very comfy. Try out the outdoor private pool and shower! We loved it. The whole private outside area has access from all rooms through the big glass doors/windows, even from the bathroom. Still, you have a lot of privacy as the villas are situated in a way that ensures no one can peek into your garden.
There are two public infinity pools to choose from, one as beautiful as the other. The view over the garden straight to the sea is stunning ! And of course you get fresh towels and drinking water as soon as you arrive. A wooden stair leads directly to the public beach. When we were there, the beach was quiet and nearly empty. It’s the quiet part of Sentosa’s beaches, and also the more beautiful one.
There’s complimentary tea and coffee in your room or in the library in the main building, where you also get cookies and fresh fruit.
Staff is very nice and eager to please. Sometimes we felt it was too much: If they take the glas out of your hand in order to pour you a juice (and you were just about to do it yourself) or if they jump up to open a door for you when you already touch the handle it’s not luxury, but it makes you feel helpless. Less would be more here. The same goes for reception: They seat you immediatly after arriving, serve you iced tea… but basically, all you want is get over with administration and have your room key. It took long until we got ours even though we announced an exact time of arrival in the afternoon.
Being situated on Sentosa Island it’s not the place to choose if you want to explore Singapore, as it is simply too far away. Choose the Capella Hotel for a relaxing pool and beach experience, and it’s just best you can get !

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
6 Thank Miriam H
Thank you for taking the time to pen this lovely review of the hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Capella Singapore.

Located on Sentosa Island, we are a mere 10-minute drive from the Central Business District and Marina Bay precinct, although our tranquil surrounding makes it feel as though we are a world away.

I am glad that you found your time in one of our popular One Bedroom Villas enjoyable. With 133-sqm of space to unwind, our One Bedroom Villas offer guests ample space to enjoy the outdoors with the modern luxuries.

Thank you also for sharing your feedback on the enthusiasm of our team members. Here at Capella Singapore, our team are handpicked for their dedication and passion to serve. I have spoken to our team to exercise discretion during the course of service as well.

Once again, thank you for sharing your compliments with us. I truly enjoyed reading your review. The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#33 of 309 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 20,724 reviews

Been to Capella Singapore? Share your experiences!