“Wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Sydney, Australia
“Wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel and it was just as memorable. The rooms are beautiful, we had a garden villa with a plunge pool. The staff really make the hotel a pleasure to stay at, they make you feel very welcome. The buffet breakfast is a must, the selection of delicious is food is fantastic.

• 5 of 5 stars
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your recent stay here at Capella Singapore. I am even happier to read that the staff made you feel welcome. The team and I are dedicated service professionals and are committed to anticipating and meeting all our guests' needs.

The One Bedroom Garden Villas are one of my favourite rooms as they offer more than 133-sqm of space including an outdoor patio and plunge pool. They allow guests the luxury of space and privacy.

I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed breakfast at The Knolls. Breakfast at The Knolls is absolutely wonderful with a wide range of Western and Asian dishes, freshly squeezed juices and our famous pancakes. I hope you had the opportunity to try them!

Thank you for leaving this comment on Tripadvisor, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Capella Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We are now staying in Capella for our summer vacation. So far, it turns out to be the best choice that we can make in Singapore. Room is spacious and clean. It is conveniently located in Sentosa with Resort World and Universal Studio within walking distance. Moreover, staffs are very friendly and they are ready to help us in every occasions.

We will consider Capella for our next visit to Singapore for sure

1 Thank 413jil
Thank you for taking the time off from your holiday here at Capella Singapore to write this review for us. I am thrilled that you are enjoying your time here at Capella Singapore.

Located on 30-acres of sprawling green landscape, Capella Singapore is truly an oasis from the busy city. Our guest rooms are one of the largest in the city and offen ample space to unwind and relax. I hope you had fun during at Universal Studios, I always have so much fun when I am there.
The team and I are delighted to hear that you found our staff friendly and always ready to serve.

We are committed to understanding our guests and anticipating your needs.
We do hope that you come back to visit us soon!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed at Capella for the first time last week. We spent 4 wonderful days there after 4 busy days in the city. What a perfect place to unwind and relax! We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa that was probably the best of its type that we have experienced. It was spacious, beautifully appointed and meticulously maintained and serviced. We had a lovely outdoor deck area and a good sized plunge pool - it was the perfect place to relax,read and nap. Our villa was next to the road servicing the larger residences with garages so the tranquility was often spoiled by the sound of cars coming and going, so on our next stay we will be asking for a villa away from this area. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff at Capella. From the cheerful room service attendants who delivered our delicious breakfast every morning, the waiters in both restaurants where we had dinner and the charming personal assistants who attended to us in the library, everyone at Capella absolutely excels at what they do.
Our only disappointing experience at Capella was the afternoon we decided to spend some time at one of the 3 main pools. We arrived at the one we had chosen, only to be told by the attendant that the pool was closed to hotel guests because a Malaysian prince and his entourage had requested exclusive use of that pool. We decided not to make a scene (there were armed guards present!!) and went back to our villa. We were frankly quite surprised that the resort management had acquiesced to such a request. This was a public pool after all and I would hope that a resort such as this should pride itself on treating all guests equally. We did not,however, let this small disappointment affect our overall impression of this wonderful resort and will definitely be returning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time here in Capella Singapore, especially in our One Bedroom Villas which feature separate living and bedrooms and an outdoor pool.

The team here at Capella Singapore are specially handpicked and trained to provide the highest level of service. All of us feel proud to work in such a beautiful establishment and work hard to ensure that we live up to our calling as service professionals. I am glad that you enjoyed our service.

I do wish to apologise for the inconvenience you experienced with the closing of one of our the swimming pools. Such incidents are certainly not common and I appreciate your kind understanding in this matter.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. I am very happy you had such an enjoyable stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed there for 3 days during Chinese New Year. Absolutely loved the resort, really tranquil and natural setting beside the beach, very different from many other (or ALL) trendy/modern/business hotels on Sentosa Island.

The guestrooms are designed in a curved circular shape surrounding a giant open cave-like water feature with ponds around. Lots of plants and trees scattered around, you also get to see peacocks walking around the resort. Beach is just 15 minutes walking distance away, hotel guests can walk down the hill where all the resort villas are located (behind the guestroom building).

Love the guestroom though this resort is rather historical that you can spot a few interior fittings out of function. Truly enjoyed the overall stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Capella Singapore is created by architectural genius Lord Norman Foster. The new extension's curves are created to be in fluidity with the contours of the natural landscape. Indeed, the natural lush greenery that makes up our landscape is teeming with colours and life, besides the peacocks, there are many other species of birds that make up the Capella family.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at Capella from the 14th - 19th July 2014 as a family of 5. We have 3 boys - aged 5,3 and 3 months and opted for a one bedroom villa with plunge pool. This was an absolute god send, although it meant the boys didn't want to go anywhere!

The staff at Capella are amazing - very welcoming, obliging and courteous. From cold towels and iced tea on arrival to a heartfelt goodbye and thank-you upon departure, they were truly lovely. All on staff were equally excellent, it doesn't seem fair to name individuals. They made our boys feel very special and couldn't do enough for us. They provided everything we could possibly need for our baby including a baby bath upon request, a wooden cot and loads of bath soaps etc. We were entitled to a free dinner with our stay and as our boys were early to bed, they allowed a credit for in-room dining instead. The golf buggy rides went down especially well!

The villa itself is well worth the spend - excellent facilities and cleaned well every day. We forgot to remove our 'Do not Disturb' light one day and they were most concerned our room hadn't been made up - upon request they emptied the bins, provided clean towels and topped up our bottled water. The staff made up the lounge into a day bed for our 5 and 3 yr olds and they happily slept on that. The replenished drinks (OJ, soft drink and water) every day was great.

Breakfast at The Knolls was very nice every morning. I've read on here some reviews saying it is limited in choice, but believe me, there is more than enough - an egg station, choices of bread and rolls, Asian choices, plenty of fresh fruit and juices, heaps of Yakult which the boys loved, pastries and cakes and they do pancakes and waffles to order. It kept us fuelled until dinner!

Capella is really a sanctuary on Sentosa - so quiet and relaxing. We were more than happy with our stay and are glad we chose Capella.

Room Tip: Go the extra spend for a Villa, particulary if you are travelling with small children.
4 Thank Armanda D
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Reading your review here on Tripadvisor made my day. I am so glad to hear that you, your husband and your three boys had a wonderful stay here at Capella Singapore.
The whole team here at Capella Singapore are hand-selected for our love for people and for service and I am delighted you were able to experience this.

The One Bedroom Villas, with a separate living and bedroom as well as an outdoor patio, are indeed very popular with young families as it allows the children ample space to play safely while the parents can relax and unwind. I hope the boys made good use of the outdoor plunge pool and bathtub as well. They are so much fun!

Breakfast at The Knolls is a treat. I especially love the freshly cooked pass-around surprises that the kitchen prepares as well as the fluffy pancakes. I hope you and your boys were able to enjoy the fluffy pancakes as they are a hit with many guests!

Once again, thank you for sharing this review with us. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I had a one night with Capella during one of my event in Sentosa rosort. Luxurious and calming location over looking the forrest. Very professional service team provided a very friendly and smooth checking in, out and even having the bell desk arranging mini shuttle to travel to the convention area. I orded a room service just to spend more time in the beautiful room , and standard of inroom dinning was as fine as the overall experience!

Room Tip: the room with the balcony over looking the forrest was splendid!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for sharing this review with us on Tripadvisor. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us. Indeed, located on 30-acres of lush greenery, Capella Singapore is the perfect hideaway to unwind after a busy day. Featuring stunning views of the South China Sea or verdant green gardens, all our rooms are meticulously designed by world famous interior designer, Jaya Ibrahim. I am glad that you enjoyed the room and our service as much as you did!

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We decided to celebrate our 1st anniversary at Capella - we had our wedding there. The staff were so accommodating and welcoming - even though our check in coincided with a peak period . Whilst awaiting our room, we had high tea at Cassia - tried the English and dim sum versions - both were excellent...some of the dim sum items were simply amazing - try them without chilli !
We had a garden villa which affords privacy, comfort , luxury and a small dip pool.
Sunday brunch is very popular at the Knolls and you have to book weeks in advance . The food selection is amazing and there are some high quality items which include foie gras, duck, suckling pig, salted crusted prime rib, sushi, sashimi, cheese, potato lobster salad (!!) , and of course my favorite - dessert...I should have started here so that I could have tried the more than 10 delicious cakes, and macaroons , mousse, chocolates - pace yourself if you want to really hit the desserts.
You can choose to have a free flow of wine , champagne or both with the buffet.
The breakfast buffet is very good and if you are able to savour about 75% of the items you won't need lunch...and possibly dinner thereafter.
Overall the room, food and ambience were just what we needed to unwind , relax and enjoy our anniversary BUT what made it truly special were the attention and super staff service . As our room was not ready, we received a bottle of Malbech wine personally delivered by asst manager Suween. Jessica helped with our checking in arrangements and the surprise cake , champagne and red roses ! When we ordered a soup for room service , the waiter brought a glass of pineapple juice as well - " it will help soothe the spiciness of the soup sir!" - so thoughtful .
Durning Sunday brunch , we got a surprise cheesecake tart to celebrate our anniversary accompanied by the live minstrels - who thankfully sang songs from our era .
I must mention Duane who helped make the reservations and accommodate my requests for the surprise items.
If you want to get away , be pampered and don't mind living it up, Capella is a great choice

Room Tip: The villas are great, try to get a sea facing view or a premier room on a high floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sivanesan S
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Firstly, I would like to congratulate you on your first wedding anniversary! I am delighted that you have chosen to spend it here in a One Bedroom Garden Villa at Capella Singapore.

I am glad that you enjoyed Sunday Brunch at The Knolls. Sunday Brunch is truly a festival for everyone involved. All of us enjoyed preparing it as we enjoy working on beautiful creations of culinary art and we love that our guests appreciate it as much as we do! From our roving musicians to the vibrant atmosphere, Sunday Brunch is a celebration of life! I have shared your compliments of the food with our culinary team and they are thrilled.

Our staff here believe in offering the finest, individualised service. We are passionate about what we do and believe that luxury is all about personalised service. I have extended your gratitude to Suveen, Jessica and Duane. They are Capella stars and I am delighted that you have seen them shine.