“Capella the most Magnificent hotel in Singapore!”
Review of Capella Singapore

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Melbourne, Australia
“Capella the most Magnificent hotel in Singapore!”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

From the moment we arrived we knew that it was going to be another wonderful experience at the Capella Singapore. Before our arrival I was contacted by Yoshie one of the personal assistants to ensure that everything was on schedule and to make a selection of the type of pillows we wanted to use during our stay.The service of the staff from the moment me arrived up until our departure would have to be by far the best service we have experienced in comparison to other five star hotels world wide. We have travelled extensively over the years and the Capella Singapore is a destination that we have chosen to return to a number of times. This has been our third stay at the Capella and as usual we were not disappointed?it was an amaizing stay for us. We have a 6 year old son John, the staff treated him so well , he loved the attention of course going for walks with the beautiful Suzette looking for peacocks in the most beautiful surroundings. My son keeps telling me every day that he misses his good friends at the Capella, being Suzette, Suven from the knolls! and Judie at the lobby. These ladies were so kind and genuinely friendly to us that were sad to say goodbye to them. The staff by far is the best I have ever had the pleasure of meeting.
We stayed in a one bedroom villa which was spotlessly clean with pratesi/frette bed linen and towels and Aesop in room amenities. The plunge pool was beautiful, the In room dining food was always hot and delicious and brought to the door in a timely manner.
The breakfast at the knolls each morning was an experience in itself. With the vast range of teas on offer to the variety of breakfast treats not to mentioned the magnificent pancakes that were made for my son each day were incredible. The freshly made juices were delicious. The knolls restaurant has something for everyone and if they don't have it the chef will make it happen. The word 'no' doesn't exist at the Capella. Everything is done with a smile, efficiently and perfectly.
The pools were always clean and the pool staff were very attentive to bring refreshments immediately. The library is another magnificent asset of the Capella Singapore. Afternoon tea is served at the library from 3pm every afternoon. The fresh sandwiches, magnificent cakes, delicious chocolate chip cookies, to fresh fruit, everything is available in abundance, exercising self control is the hard part. The surroundings of the library are just stunning. The beautiful british colonial style of the library with the matching furnishings is so tastefully done. The personal assistants team were a pleasure to deal with. Yoshie, it is always such a pleasure to see her during our visit, she is a wonderful lady that does a remarkable job. This time we also met Jennifer who wrote beautiful poetry in our cards and Cheryl who was also a pleasure to meet and talk to.
The lobby is a beautiful spot to wait for transport with the most welcoming staff ready to meet us. Judie has the most beautiful smile and we were so grateful that we were able to get to know her during our visit. My son John looked forward to going to the lobby just to see Judie (I hope I have the spelling right). The iced tea and cold towels on arrival was just what we needed when we arrived. This time I made the time to get a facial at the Auriga spa. This is by far the best facial I have ever had. It was a very enjoyable experience and the facilities were excellent, not to mention the skill of the lovely young lady that conducted my facial. I wish I remembered her name. She was wonderful. It was an experience that I will definitely remember. Perfect! Another great asset of the Capella Singapore is the shuttle bus to vivo city. This is so convenient for a little bit of shopping in between relaxing at the pool. It was also a pleasure for us to get to know Mr Lucus Grace. Mr Lucus would visit us daily during our breakfast at the knolls to see if everything was going well and to check if we needed anything. It was delightful chatting to him, a true gentleman.
On our arrival a bottle of French champagne was waiting in the room, during our stay I celebrated my birthday. The Capella made the most beautiful cakes x 2 so there was enough for the 3 of us to enjoy. I also received the most beautiful orchid flowers and a bunch of roses. Completely spoilt! This is what dreams are made of. On our departure we received some beautiful gifts and momentous to remember our stay at the Capella.
The Capella is by far the best hotel we have stayed at and we can't wait to return soon. Thank you for a wonderful time to the best staff. I congratulate the Capella and it's staff for the best service!
A special thank you from us and especially from young John, to Suzette and also to Suven at the knolls (helping John feed the peacocks from the door :-) and to Judie.
Thank you also to the personal assistants, Yoshie, Jennifer and Cheryl. Looking forward to returning soon.
With kindest regards,
Tania Hall :-))

Room Tip: The one bedroom villa is beautiful, you get to enjoy the outdoors in your own private area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tania H
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing this lovely review. It truly made my day reading it, knowing how much you enjoyed your stay here at Capella Singapore.

Indeed, Capella Singapore is a very special place. From the surroundings to our greatest assets, our people, Capella Singapore is more than just a hotel. To all of us here, it is home. We want our guests to feel as comfortable and as welcome here as we do. I am so happy to hear that you did.

The One Bedroom Villa is perfect for young families such as yours as it gives young children ample space to play as well as space for the parents to relax and unwind.

Suzette, Swen, Judy, Yoshie, Jennifer, Cheryl and Lukus are extraordinary talents and I am proud that they are part of the Capella Singapore family.

I am glad that you enjoyed all the facilities and amenities the hotel has to offer. The Library is truly a special place with delicious refreshments served throughout the day, wide range of books, games and DVDs. It is one of my favourite places here in the hotel.

I am also delighted that you had the opportunity to unwind in Auriga spa. Our multiple award-winning spa is one of the best in Singapore because of our hard working therapists.

Thank you again for sharing this review with us. It was a real pleasure serving you and we look forward to welcoming you back here to Capella Singapore soon.

Capella Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This property has been on my list for a while and I decided to stay here after a visit to Legoland in Malaysia. Thought I would need a little peace and tranquility after two days of surrounded by kids and Lego (I do love Lego in reality). I was not disappointed.

From the moment I arrived to be welcomed with "Mr Wockinwod, we have been expecting you" was the sign of good things to come. Check-in was seamless and the welcome cold towel and ice tea was lovely.

Before I get into the main aspects of the hotel I just have to commend the staff. From arrival they were incredible but when I discovered that I have left my phone in the car that brought me from Legoland they went above and beyond the call of duty to help me retrieve it. This level of service then continued to where you never want to leave the hotel! Truly, thank you to Rik and Suveen.

Was walked to the room and shown all of its features. I was in a suite which had lovely views across the pool and the South China Sea. Decor is calm and muted with warm browns and woods. Living area is large and comfortable with the desk looking over the sea. Nespresso machine was in place as well as a complimentary mini-bar with soft drinks, water and juice. I was also welcomed with a stunning cheese platter and wine which was put to good use.

Bedroom featured a king bed and a sofa by the window. Leading off that was a small balcony with a chaise and seat. The touch panle for the lighting and curtains was intuitive and functional - how many times have we all struggled to work out how to turn the lights on and off! Only suggestion would be to have one on both sides of the bed. Not problem if there are two of you but if one and you sleep on the other side it is a bit of a stretch.

Bathroom is behind the bedroom (double sinks and wardrobe) with the bath and shower off to one side. The toiletries were Aesop (a great Australian product which I use at home) which I was very happy with. Towels were enormous and fluffy. There was plenty of storage space for clothes etc although I would probably prefer that the wardrobes had doors rather than being open. That is probably just the neat freak in me. Shower was strong but be warned the water does tend to go everywhere.

Each room had a large flat panel television (swung fromt he wall) and Bose sound systems. Air-conditioning was very effective and you had a coice of curtains to either balck out or let light through.

I enjoyed dinner at the inhouse chinese restaurant on the terrace and they have great views across to Singapore. Food and service were second to none.

I had breakfast the next morning and was welcomed by name (the tracking device was clearly working) and sat a window table. It has a western buffet and asian buffet and a range of options from the menu. I was not terribly hungry so only enjoyed continental fare and some dim sum which were delicious. Range of freshly squeezed juices to order was also great. One issue I had was that the coffee was not so good.

I used the hotel car to get to the airport which was very reasonably priced.

Overall this is one of the best stays I have had in a hotel. Almost everything was flawless and it was certainly helped by the wonderful staff - I will be back soon.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
It was truly wonderful reading your review here on Tripadvisor. The team and I are absolutely delighted that you had such a wonderful stay here at Capella Singapore.

Here at Capella Singapore, all our team are hand-picked and are committed to providing service excellence. I am glad you were able to experience it. Losing one's phone is terribly stressful and I am glad that the team was able to help you retrieve it. I have shared your comments with Rik and Suveen and they are pleased that they were able to assist you during your stay.

All our suites feature sweeping views of the South China Sea. Many guests have commented to me that they can spend hours just watching the ships sail past, which is very therapeutic. I am also very happy that you found the guest room's facilities and amenities to your satisfaction as well.

It is good to hear that you found breakfast at The Knolls a good experience. My personal favourite items are the fresh juices and freshly-made pancakes and waffles, I hope you were able to enjoy those too! I have noted your feedback on the coffee and will speak with the Food & Beverage team to improve its quality.

Thank you again for taking the time to share this in-depth review with us on Tripadvisor. It is greatly appreciated. We look forward to having you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Capella in transit for 2 nights after 6 weeks of traveling. I was contacted by a personal assistant prior to our arrival to see if there were any special requirements. That level of service continued for our stay. The staff were very attentive and always greater you with a smile. After spending 6 weeks in Europe the room was exceptional compared to what we had encountered there for a similar price. They provide free soft drinks, orange juice and water in the room. As we wanted to relax prior to our return home after so long traveling we only left the hotel once and ate in the restaurant and in room. I found the dinning choices a little bit limited and charging $16 for a bottle of water in the restaurant a bit of a surprise. Despite that minor issue I would definitely stay there again and would recommend the Capella to friends who wanted a quiet luxurious break away from the main area of Singapore.

Stayed July 2014
It is a pleasure reading your complimentary review of your time here at Capella Singapore. I am delighted to hear that you were able to relax and unwind here after a six-week long holiday in Europe.

Indeed, here at Capella Singapore we are committed to providing preferential and professional service to all our guests. As you have experienced, this begins even before you check-in. Our Personal Assistants make it a point to contact all our guests prior to arriving in Singapore. This is so we can ensure your stay with us is smooth and all your needs taken care of.

Located on 30-acres of sprawling grounds, Capella Singapore offers guests the luxury of space. Our guest rooms are one of the largest in Singapore and all come with complimentary WIFI, mini-bar, five pieces of pressing per stay and even flexible check-in and check-out times (subject to availability).

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our menus and prices. I will be looking into it with our Food & Beverage team to ensure that our prices are competitive and fair to our guests.

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore soon.

Sydney
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Capella is like heaven from the moment my wife and I walked in we were treated like royalty nothing was too hard for the staff driving us around the resort in the supplied buggies to booking us restaurants the service at this place is A++. Special thanks to jimmy Gan the manager on duty for making this trip unforgettable and by the way our villa was just as awesome as the service Five stars thanks Capella. Danny and Anna

• Stayed July 2014
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. All the team here believe in providing professional, preferential and discreet service to our guests and I am glad you were able to experience that.

Located on 30 acres of lush greenery, just 10 minutes from the central business district, it feels as though you are a world away from the hustle and bustle of the busy city. Capella Singapore is the perfect place to unwind and relax.

I am so delighted that this trip to Capella Singapore was memorable for you and your wife. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Around a month ago, I have been invited by a good friend in Capella Hotel. Thats wasn't the first time as i went there for the brunch before but this dinner was a trully great event.
This Ferrari dinner was organised in Knolls, which i really like the cozy and peacefull atmosphere of the place.
We have been welcomed by Suzette, a very charming, kind and helpfull person which escorted us from the reception after the photo shooting to the restaurant.
As I am naturally curious, I was very happy that she answer all my questions and gave us a lot of recommendations.
Once we reach the restaurant, the dinner was really good, food was outstanding. I really loved the dessert!! And thanks to Arokia, the service was excellent....
This is a place where I will definitly come back as soon as possible!!

• Stayed June 2014
I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time at The Knolls. Suzette and Arokia are true gems. I have shared this review with them and you have really made their day.

With stunning views of the South China Sea and our cascading swimming pools, The Knolls is the perfect place to relax, unwind and enjoy a good Mediterranean meal. The team and The Knolls work hard to ensure all our guests enjoy excellence, preferential service. I am glad that you were able to enjoy that.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us here on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore.

Konstanz, Germany
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We are a family of three -- two adults and a 21 month old toddler. We stayed for two nights in a one-bedroom villa, leaving the premises daily to drop our daughter off at her pre-school nursery so we could enjoy the hotel to ourselves. The hotel happily obliged with providing us with parking coupons so that we could exit the parking lot without charges.

The one-bedroom villa is much larger than in photos -- all of them do no justice to the size and sense of luxury to the villa. The plunge pool looks tiny in photos, but when I saw it in person, it really is large, about 4m by 4m. The water is also not cold as it gets warmed by the late morning sun. Really perfect for a dip, especially with a noisy toddler!

The bathroom and walk in closet is huge, as large as the bedroom, and leads to the outdoor shower and bath. Do note that between the indoor-bathroom/vanity area to the outdoor bath, there is a gap that people walking by outside CAN peer in, but only if they stood there and look. Unlikely to happen, but just take note of that!

Love the toiletries supplied - all Aesop - smelling refreshing and tropical of orange rinds, eucalyptus, etc.

Two large swivel tvs - one in bedroom and the other in the sitting room with a great lounge sofa. Stocked with Gryphon teas and Nespresso capsules and machine, bottled water, orange juice etc. The cot was set up for us, but do note that the cot mattress is not very thick. Probably not too comfy for the toddler/baby but our toddler was extra fussy as she was unfortunately ill at the time of our stay (nothing to do with hotel - she got the bug much earlier).

We really enjoyed the one-bedroom villa. The ceilings were high, it was very spacious, beautiful designed, andt hough the hotel is -- what, 5 years old? It doesn't really show at all.

However, the villa was quite a walk to the pool, so maybe if you have a fussy toddler that ONLY WANTS TO BE CARRIED BY MUMMY ALL THE TIME, you may want to ask for a villa closer to the pool.

Breakfast at The Knolls (buffet breakfast included in stay) was super. I understand some guests want those full buffet spread with dish after dish of different cuisines, but Capella clearly do not go for that, and instead hit the notes for quality. The pastries were OUT OF THIS WORLD. Danishes - strawberries or whatever fruit of the day, the soft round doughnuts, oh gosh they were incredibly well made, and fresh. I believe The Knolls is helmed by a French woman chef - she truly is talented (we came back for dinner another weekday and the food was also superb). Fresh juices, including coconut juice, or arugula blended with pineapple etc (not cheap carton juices but literally freshly squeezed juices). There was some selection of Japanese and Chinese food - like porridge, some dim sum, bit of sushi, and there were cheeses, crackers, some salad. And of course the usual breakfast stuff like museli, yoghurt, yakult (for the young ones). We could also order eggs benedict, or french toast, waffles or pancakes (one set for each breakfast dining guest). All well done.

Do note that it does get busier at about 10am - but with a toddler, heading there by 8am means we have the choice of tables. Really gorgeous, overlooking the tiered infinity pools and sea.

That brings me to the many pools at Capella. The bottom most lap pool is almost always deserted, and meant for adults only - great for lap swimming. The other two pools are beautiful, though the lower infinity pools seem very popular with wedding couples so both days we were there it was closed.

The Library (a floor above the reception/check in) offers tea and coffee, with some snacks (nuts? we didn't have any) with lovely indoor and outdoor seating. Great if we wanted to get out of the room and hang out somewhere different, though with the villa we didn't really use it much.

Service throughout was impeccable. It is not easy to have met so many staff and not one is at fault. All were polite, helpful, friendly. Great job to the manager and team for keeping up such standards and morale!

My second time at Auriga Spa -- and it definitely impressed the husband. The only problem with Auriga is that, I can NEVER go for cheaper spas ever again. The sense of space, with each treatment room facing greenery, and the pre-spa bath, steam room etc - all made for a relaxing time.

I also went for a run -- it's right at the beach if you head to the bottom of the grounds so that was convenient too.

Room service was also quick, efficient, and delicious. Generous portions. Do note that on Friday night it took a while for dinner to be sent to the room but they did warn it would take some time.

All in all, we enjoyed it tremendously. It is not inexpensive, but a treat, and it beats the hassle of (and cost) flying out of the country to neighbouring beach resorts!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
It was such a pleasure reading your in-depth review. Thank you for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you were able to experience Capella Singapore holistically – from our rooms, restaurants, pools to our spa. Indeed, the team and I work hard to ensure that all our guests' needs are met. I am delighted to hear that you and your family loved the One Bedroom Villa. As you have pointed out, the One Bedroom Villa, featuring the plunge pool, is perfect for young families as they offer ample space for children to play while the parents can relax in comfort.

Breakfast at The Knolls is a hit with many of our guests with our freshly squeezed juices, freshly prepared pancakes, waffles and pass-around local dishes. I hope your daughter had the opportunity to enjoy the pancakes especially as they are a favourite of many of our little guests! Our pastries are all hand-made in our own kitchens by our talented Pastry Chef Sam Chek Yong. Our new French Chef Julienne is also passionate about the culinary arts and has brought her own experience and expertise to The Knolls, refreshing its menu.

Auriga spa is a hidden sanctuary. Our wet facilities which include a herbal steam room, vitality pool and mist showers allow guests to de-stress even before their treatment begins. All our treatment rooms feature their own bamboo courtyard where guests can relax after a treatment with a hot cup of tea. It really is absolute bliss!

Thank you once again for sharing your review. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Calling it 5 star is making it Tame. I think it's a 6 star service. You get buggy by a staff to your villa and it is a simply wonderful and relaxing staycation. We got upgraded to a two bed room villa and we had a mini pool in the villa itself.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your vacation here at Capella Singapore. The team and I were delighted to have served you. All our staff are handpicked for our belief in service excellence and desire to go the distance when taking care of all our guests. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy this.

With 133 sqm, a separate living and bedroom, an oversized bathroom, outdoor patio and a plunge pool, our villas are very popular because they offer privacy and the luxury of space.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#36 of 312 in Singapore

Been to Capella Singapore? Share your experiences!