“Nice to have stayed; wouldn't stay again” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Capella Singapore

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Makati, Philippines
“Nice to have stayed; wouldn't stay again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

My wife and I just spent about S$5000 for three nights at Capella in a constellation suite. + The setting was fantastic. + Our suite was large, bright and we appreciated the terrace and the 180+ view. + I loved that the 25m lap pool was the third one down so quiet and I could do my laps in peace. + We liked the lounge area outside Bob's bar and found the food, especially from the chinese restaurant, very good indeed. +The mojitos from Bob's bar were the best we've ever had and we've had a few. However, there were some disappointments that would lead to our verdict of "nice to have stayed, wouldn't stay again" - The service in the outside bar/lounge area was poor. - Understaffed for the number of customers and anything that required a bit of extra effort (like bringing the menus from two of the restaurants so we could order from and eat in the lounge area) met reluctance rather than responsiveness, e.g., "But it will take a long time for you to get the food … we have food from Bob's bar …" - Also, the jacuzzi on our terrace was cold and there were metal plates that kept falling off the side and blocking our door despite two calls to get it fixed; clearly it wasn't fixed. Capella's prices are about the same as Aman Resorts but the experience and service is nowhere close to the Aman Resorts level, sadly. Glad we tried it out, wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: Constelation suite gives you outside terrace and great view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on Tripadvisor. Firstly I am very happy that you enjoyed your room very much – the Constellation rooms are indeed special with a private Jacuzzi and panoramic views Capella Singapore’s lush tropical surroundings. It is also a pleasure to know that the food at the restaurants as well as the mojitos at Bob’s Bar were much to your liking.

With regards to your comments on the service experienced, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences that you encountered during your stay with us. I humbly assure you that this is not the Capella standard at all and we will certainly be looking into the issues you have highlighted to ensure that it does not happen again.

Thank you again for your kind feedback, I do hope that you would still consider staying with us again and allowing us to show you the true Capella experience.

Capella Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Orenburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Мы были в Капелле 14 дней! Удивительное обслуживание, никто тебе не надоедает- в тоже время ты не забыт, знают все лучше тебя- что тебе нужно! Все в дорогом и шикарном стиле,
Comfortable rooms, wonderful swimming pool, there are a lot of plants. English language is problem for the russian people)- but there is 1guy why helped for us every time) His name is Pavel, he is russian! If you have some questions - you should to talk with him, he will help you! I like every thing in this hotel!! Capella best of the best!!!!)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was such a delight to read your lovely review of Capella Singapore. I am very happy to learn that you and your family had a wonderful time with us. At Capella Singapore, in line with creating a luxury travel experience for all our guests, we aim to ensure that all our guests to enjoy a hassle free vacation. As you have mentioned, we do have Russian speaking colleagues in the hotel and I am so pleased to know that you felt much at ease and at home during your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind word and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

Set in peaceful and beautiful surroundings, this is one of my favourite places to chill out hence returning 3 times! Bobs bar has fab cocktails and nibbles, there are 3 pools and you can walk to the beach plus great food in both restaurants we tried and the service is excellent. Not to mention the amazing room - lying in bed you can press a button and the blinds and curtains open up to a wonderful view so you can lie back and enjoy :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and your continued support for Capella Singapore. I am delighted to know that we are one of your favourite places to unwind, and especially pleased that you find all our facilities, restaurants and the bar much to your liking.

At Capella Singapore, all our guests are important to us and we want to be able to offer only the best to every guest. I am so happy you enjoyed your experiences with us and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed in Capella for 6 days in a garden villa and it was fantastic. We had a 7 month old and we were able to get a bottle sterilizer, unlimited bottled water, and even dishwashing liquid so I could clean her bottles. We had a lot of room service and the food was always delicious. Breakfast buffet was plentiful. The staff were always friendly and helpful. We stayed in a lot as the villa was so inviting - the plunge pool was lovely and perfect for the baby. When we did go out, it was a $10-15 taxi ride to Orchard Rd, or there is a free shuttle to the Vivo Shopping centre. There was a path to walk down to the beach (stairs so not pram friendly). The hotel also has a lovely library with free tea/coffee and refreshments. Great place to sit and relax. The shower had good pressure but the only niggle was that the hot water did seem to run out (but I do love long showers - my husband never noticed the hot water running out!) The bed was very comfortable and there is an extensive pillow menu. I would recommend Capella and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank UDS26
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
It is such a joy to be able to read about the wonderful experience you and your family had during your stay with us. I am especially pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the villa with the private plunge pool and that you were able to delight in many of the other facilities and services that the resort had to offer such as the complimentary refreshments in The Library, as well s the breakfast at The Knolls and the in-room-dining.

Thank you so much for this lovely review and your kind words of recommendation. I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore again for your next visit.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

wanted something different for the holidays and to escape the hussle and bustle of the city
so booked a villa her for new years holiday. what a great resort with amazing facilities.
the villa is exceptional, had our own pool which the kiddo enjoyed very much.

nice private atmosphere. nice colonial style hotel with a very elegant bar and cafe. nice gym facilities as well.

one of the vacations and resorts that truly made a mark. especially for the kiddo who enjoyed all the facilities. we were also graced by live peacocks in our villa and there were at least 3 at any given time in the resort.

the Knoll and Cassia chinese restaurant are one of the best i have ever tried.

super friendly staff. i felt pampered throughout and will definetely come back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for all the lovely things you have written about Capella Singapore. It is such a joy to know that you and your family were able to enjoy much of the luxurious facilities the resort had to offer, from the spacious villas with the private plunge pools, to the gym and especially our restaurants, The Knolls and Cassia.

I am very happy to learn that your experience was truly memorable and that you and your family felt well taken care of during your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore on your next visit.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We have only nice things to say about this hotel; everything from the friendly emails we received before our arrival to the warm hospitality upon arrival, to spending time at the pool or strolling around the beautiful facility. We had a spacious villa against lucious greenery, a nice change from city stay in Singapore, yet it is conveniently located (by free shuttle) to a nearby mall, Universal Studio, etc. Staff are well trained, meals were sumptuous (we dined in most of the time both in room and at the restaurants), and spa (both the facility and staff) were excellent (must do!). Their staff are dedicated to service excellence at every touch point, this made our stay exceptional. If you are staying in Singapore City, check out Fullerton by the Bay which in our view boast a nice facility and great service.

Room Tip: Villa is spacious and comfortable for families, especially those with small kids who need more space...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It was a real pleasure reading your lovely review of Capella Singapore. I am thrilled to know of the wonderful experience you and your family had during you your stay with us, from the interaction with our Personal Assistants before your arrival, to the spacious villa and resort facilities.

Your words of praise for our staff are warmly appreciated and I am very happy to know that they were great hosts to you and your family during your stay with us. Thank you for your kind recommendation and I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My partner and I had a great experience at the Capella a while back. We turned up on a Saturday and were immediately greeted by friendly staff, who after checking in, walked us to our room. The room deco were wonderful with a lot of care taken to provide top notch comfort. The one area of the room that I actually still think about is the bathroom! Full view of the sea whilst taking a shower.. that was awesome!

My partner and I had dinner at the Knoll restuarant in the hotel and food was about average. But the experience of the stay did offset any disappointments (if any at all).

However, right before we checked out, I decided to give my shirt an iron. That turned out to be the last time I could wear my favourite white shirt because there were stains that was left behind on the ironing side which heat-transfered across to my shirt, staining it with a moss-like green colour. I called house keeping it up and immediately pointed out the issue and problem, and someone came and picked it up. 15 mins later he returned with my shirt freshly pressed, but sadly the stains were still there. I have tried dry-cleaning it and bleaching it but the shirt was a write-off. I dropped an email to Capella's customer service regarding this but didn't hear a word from them.

Apart from that misadventure and having to turn up at a dinner party in a stained shirt, the overall experience was good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Capella Singapore with us. I am thrilled to know of how much you liked the room, from the luxurious finishings to magnificent sea views.

Your feedback shared is very important to us. We truly appreciate your kind understanding and I am very happy to know that your overall experience with us was still great. However regardless, please accept my deepest apologies for the troubles that you faced. We would sincerely love to get in touch with you to understand how we can address the inconveniences you encountered. If you would, please contact us directly at +65-6377-8888 or email us at gr.singapore@capellahotels.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#33 of 309 in Singapore
4.0 of 5 bubbles 20,724 reviews

Been to Capella Singapore? Share your experiences!