“Best hotel in Singapore.”
Review of Capella Singapore

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband, 15 month old son and I just got back from the amazing Capella Singapore! We stayed at a 1 bedroom villa, and it was so beautiful, so clean, so serene. The amenities provided for our young toddler included things like a sterilizer, a great set of pigeon toiletries, a cute Peacok plushie in his mothercare travel cot bed, and even a baby sized friendly towel. We ordered room service, and the kitchen staff even helped us to shred the chicken/ cut the noodles into smaller pieces such that they were bite sized friendly for our toddler. The plunge pool was great and we spent so much time in it just creating memories. Every single staff there paid great attention to us & were always super friendly. Our toddler had an unfortunate fall and the medic came immediately with a huge bag of first aid essentials after we alerted one of the buggy drivers! (Turns out that our toddler's fine - boys are just so resilient, haha). Personal assistants were always ready to answer any requests with a smile, and the basket of fruits provided to us as a welcome was so generously filled with all sorts of lovely sweet tropical fruits :) we even received a box of chocolates as an apology from the management as our check in was delayed (but it was fine because the PAs were so friendly at the library during High tea!). The spa was amazing too and my husband and i had a really relaxing time there :) Really, I could go on and on - this is truly the best hotel in Singapore. Everyone enters and leaves with a smile :) well done, capella!

• Stayed: December 2013
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you for your lovely review, I am so thrilled to know that you and your family had such a wonderful and memorable time with us. At Capella, all our guests are important to us, right to the youngest of us.

I am very pleased to know that your toddler was fine and especially happy that all our staff were great hosts to you and your family throughout your stay with us.

Thank you again for your kind words of praise, I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

My hubby, our 2 young kids and I stayed for one night earlier this month, and we are already wishing we were back at the Capella. Gorgeous, soothing views of blue (Singapore Straits) and green (gardens, forest, jungle) everywhere you turn. The kids especially loved lounging in their daybed/bed next to the full-length window overlooking the Straits -- bliss! Special mention must be made of the resort staff: outstanding, which is what makes this hotel a winner. From the doorman to room service and housekeeping, each and every person was warm, personable, efficient, and really child friendly. In fact, we were plied with so much fruit, ice cream (the kids' favourite fruit and ice cream flavour), chocolate and soft toys that the kids were suitably dazed! Hang on to your wonderful staff, they are a cut above the Singapore norm.

• Stayed: December 2013

It was such a delight to read about all the wonderful things you had to say for Capella Singapore and especially our staff. I am so happy to know that you stay with us went perfectly and that you and your family were able to enjoy the luxurious room.

Thank you for this lovely review and your words of encouragement. I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Great property with stylish design and fantastic staff. Rooms are beautifully appointed with bathrooms for true bathing pleasure. We were given a room with a view of the Singapore Straits, perfect for watching the world go by with G&T in the afternoon. Dining is excellent in both restaurants and again the service was great. Only two brickbats, the first being the lack of a proper coffee machine and barista for the Knolls restaurant. We skipped coffee on the 2nd day and used the Nespresso machine in our room which was far better. Also a few room service hiccups with items not delivered. Plusses definitely outweigh any negatives though, it is a beautiful hotel.

Room Tip: There is no set check in or check out time so, provided there is availabilty, you can arrive early a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Capella Singapore on Tripadvisor. I am truly happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, from relaxing in your luxurious room to dining at the hotel restaurants.

Your feedback is very much appreciated; please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences you faced during your stay with us which were not up to your expectations. I assure you that we will look into these areas for our continual improvement.

Nevertheless, I am pleased to know that you were able to have a pleasant stay with us overall and I hope that you will be back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Beautiful hotel/resort, you'd almost forget you are in an urban metropolis in Singapore. We stayed in a garden villa which was very quiet and secluded with a little plunge pool. Though there is a slight overlooking issue with the villas from the pathways. The walk to breakfast every morning through the immaculate gardens was refreshing and so was the breakfast! Room service was excellent. Unfortunately though, I got food poisoning on our last night there at the Knolls restaurant which was really unfortunate, but the hotel PA looked after very well and even went out and got me some medicine. Have never had food poisoning in Singapore before - so was very unlucky!!
There are 3 main pools, with little kiddy loungers too which our 2 yr old loved! The peacocks were another highlight for our little one.
All in all, a great stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

It was a great joy to read about how much you liked Capella Singapore, from the spacious and private villas and the cascading swimming pools, to the room service offerings.

With regards to your dinner at The Knolls, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconveniences you faced. This is certainly quite out of the ordinary and I assure you that we will be looking into this severely to ensure that it does not happen again. Nevertheless, I am very pleased to know that you were well taken care of by our Personal Assistants.

Thank you again for your kind words and I hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had read a lot of great reviews for Capella Singapore and decided to stay there for my friends' wedding. Prior arrival, emailed my requests which were well accommodate, the PA even spent time to sent an email us the pillows menu to ensure a perfect stay. The actual check-in process was a breeze with warm welcome from the staff. Initially, I was a little skeptical with garden view but waking up to a picturesque forest, I am glad that I like it. The room was very spacious and well designed. Turndown service is available and it really helps after a tired walk in city centre.
Breakfast at The Knoll was make up of smaller but quality spread compared to Business hotel, do check with the staff for their daily hot breakfasts special which is not part of the spread. The Library is a good place for some reading, with light snacks and tea/coffee served in Wedgwood fine porcelain. Gym was great too. Will definitely go back to try out the spa.

Room Tip: Higher floor with garden view, upgrade to suite for more privacy
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your review of Capella Singapore on Tripadvisor. It was wonderful to read about your wonderful experience here with us, from the service before and upon your arrival, to your luxurious room.

I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed the breakfast spread at The Knolls as well as the complimentary facilities at The Library. I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore and I am certain that you will enjoy the award-winning Auriga spa.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

the grand ballroom at capella exudes luxury in every way.

the furnishings, the fittlings, the lighting make a great ambience.

the staff are polite,responsive and cheerful and their high morale speaks volumes of the good service extended to guests.

an experience to cherish.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Alejandro H, General Manager at Capella Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

I am absolutely thrilled at how much you enjoyed your time at Capella Singapore, thank you for all the beautiful things you wrote about the hotel on Tripadvisor. At Capella Singapore, we are very fortunate to be home to the only circular, pillarless ballroom in Singapore. The beautiful glass sculpture which suspends from the skylight is indeed an elegant sight.

It is wonderful to know that the staff were great hosts to you during your time with us and I hope that you will be back to Capella Singapore again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had wonderful 2 night stopover at this very beautiful hotel. I think the hotel Web site does not show this hotel to its best potential. It is really more stunning than the photographs show! It is located in a very private and peaceful area of Sentosa Island. The room was very spacious and well designed. The swimming pool has a magnificent view over the gardens and sea. The original recognised well known artist pieces in the foyer and reception area is quite exceptional. The afternoon tea served to all guests, complimentary, in the library area is a very nice touch. We would definitely stop here again for a luxurious treat at the end of any busy trips to Europe to relax.

Room Tip: A room with a view over the harbour and gardens is wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juliana260

It was a thorough delight reading about all the lovely things you had to say about Capella Singapore. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. I am very pleased to know that you were able to enjoy some of what the hotel offered, such as the complimentary tea in The Library.

At Capella Singapore, we are very blessed to reside on 30 acres of lush tropical greenery which allows us to offer our guests some of the most stunning views in Singapore, along with luxuriously spacious accommodation.

Thank you again for your kind words, I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore on your next visit.