“No comparison”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Capella Singapore

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Sentosa Island
“No comparison”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Best property available in the world. Have read some negative review but did not find any of them true. The staff is extremely friendly. Even If I want, I cannot find a. Flaw in the property
Worth the money

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Priya110
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind words of praise. It truly means a lot to all of us here. At Capella Singapore, we aim to create unforgettable memories for all our guests and it is a real joy to know that you found your stay with us flawless.

I certainly hope that you will return to stay with us again soon. I look forward to being able to welcome you back to Capella Singapore.

Capella Singapore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the Capella for 6 nights in the garden villa. We were so pleased with our experience that we will certainly be returning. The surroundings are beautiful, the accommodation fantastic but the staff are what makes this hotel so special. There is so much consideration and thought put into the little things that you are left amazed at the attention to detail. We can't say enough about this wonderful place. I am very appreciative that they made our first holiday in a few years so special. We were so happy to have our 4 year old welcomed in this hotel and made to feel like she was the most important person there. They called her by name, addressed her and waited for her response (never ignoring her) and would present her with little gifts to make her stay special. We had a fantastic stay. We were blown away when the staff allowed us a very extended late checkout (at 9pm) for no additional cost, permitted my mother to crash in our villa for a night (making up an additional bed, extra toiletries, coffee etc) without any additional cost to us and gave my daughter complimentary breakfast for 6 days. What generosity. We felt very spoilt and want to thank you all at Capella Singapore for a truly special holiday. We felt very much at home and I credit this to the personalised service of the staff.

Room Tip: The garden villas are beautiful and spacious especially if travelling with children. Villa 52 was ve...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a wonderful review of Capella Singapore on Tripadvisor. I am absolutely delighted to know that while the surroundings and facilities were much to your liking, the highlight of your stay was the service of our staff. We truly believe that luxury is not just about furniture, fixtures and fittings but also about putting our hearts, as service professionals, into everything we offer.

I am very happy to know that you are keen to come back and stay with us and I am excited to be able to welcome you and your family back when you return.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My boss and I went to Cassia Restaurant @ Capella for high tea about a week ago. Besides the standard English style tea with finger sandwiches and delicious morsels of cakes and sweets, they also offered a Chinese style Dim Sum selection. We tried one of each and both were amazing. The dim sum was THE most flavorful dim sum I've ever had! I'd suggest the English style if you want more sweets and the Chinese style if you want more savory items but, again, both were excellent. The new location inside Cassia is much more intimate and engaging for small groups compared to the previous location in front of the pool. The decor is sophisticated and very elegant. I had a very relaxing, enjoyable afternoon.

I'd also like to thank the restaurant manager Lai Yong for taking the time to talk to us and going the extra mile to show us the hotel grounds and amenities. It is certainly appreciated and we will definitely be back, hopefully to stay at the hotel, next time in Singapore. I'm very impressed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for this lovely review of your Weekend Afternoon Tea experience at Cassia. Dim sum at Cassia is definitely a favourite among many guests and both the Colonial Tea Set and Dim Sum Tea Set present a thoughtful blend of sweet and savoury bites for the complete. I do agree that Afternoon Tea at Cassia over the weekend is a lovely alternative to Afternoon Tea at The Knolls with its elegantly intimate surroundings. In today’s hectic world, it is a real luxury to be able to take time out to relax and enjoy simple pleasures in life such as food and good company. I am so glad that you were able to find that during afternoon tea at Cassia.

At Capella Singapore, all our guests are important and it was our pleasure to be able to show you a bit of what Capella Singapore has to offer. I am glad you enjoyed the tour and I look forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

My timing to stay at Capella (for one night only) was not great, because it was the day the haze issue that afflicted Singapore started to push through record levels. Despite this, I was still very satisfied with my stay and would gladly recommend this hotel, particularly if you are spending a few days on Sentosa Island.

The exclusiveness of this resort is evident from its location (separated from the busy street by a long driveway). The impression continues with the building itself, which has a classy yet interesting architecture (colonial-era facade combined with modern curves and spaces). The room (I got upgraded to the Constellation-type room) was spacious and luxuriously appointed, with the view to South China sea (albeit obscured by the haze) and an outside jacuzzi.

The service was seamlessly excellent, from the warm welcome and orientation, the buggy to whisk you to the main street, to the complimentary afternoon drinks and snacks in the library. Breakfast at the Knolls restaurant was very good. Perhaps the variety was not as wide as some other resorts of this level in Asia, but quality was high and I appreciated the fresh juice station and the nicely brewed coffee.

Sure, the room price here is very costly (starts at about S$700 a night). I haven't stayed at many hotels in Singapore but I believe it is quite higher than the average rate for 5-star hotels. But you do get a first-class experience, so rather than risking getting into a tourist trap on Sentosa, it is better to stay at the "star".

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for sharing you experience at Capella Singapore. It was very unfortunate timing to be here right in the middle of the haze. Nevertheless, I am thrilled that despite the weather conditions you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

Our hotel, designed by master architect, Lord Norman Foster is indeed an iconic blend of the regal colonial buildings and modern design. I am pleased that the room was much to your liking. As we have only 112 rooms set across 30-acres of rainforest, our rooms are among the largest in the country. The Constellation Room is easily one of my favourite rooms as the views they afford of the South China Sea and gardens are sweeping. It is most unfortunate that the haze obstructed your view on that day, but I do hope that you come back another time to enjoy Capella Singapore the way it is meant to be enjoyed.

I am also delighted that you enjoyed breakfast at The Knolls as well as the complimentary refreshments at The Library. We aim to provide our guests with high quality product offerings that come from the heart and I am really glad that it did not go unnoticed.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience and the team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

If you are looking for a peaceful place to recover from the long flight from Europe,you can do no better than Capella at Sentosa Island.
A luxurious hotel with beautiful colonial buildings and stunning pools and gardens,it seems far away from the bustle of the city,but shopping is only a courtesy bus ride away.
Staff and service are exceptional.

Room Tip: The villas are huge and have their own plunge pools and private outdoor areas.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving this review for us on Tripadvisor along with your kind recommendation. Blessed with 30-acres of lush greenery and landscape, Capella Singapore offers guests not only the luxury of preferential service but the luxury of space. Many times, my guests have commented to me that it is remarkable how it is that we are only 10 minutes away from the Marina Bay financial district as it feels we are a world apart from the hustle and bustle.

I am thrilled that you were able to relax and enjoy your stay with us and I hope that you will return again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My family of 5 has just returned from a 4-day, 3-night stay at Capella. We were absolutely bowled over by the quality of the service, food and accommodation.

We stayed in a 2-bedroom villa which was spacious, comfortable and overflowing with all sorts of unexpected luxuries including our own small pool, a living room, enormous bathrooms with an outdoor shower and bath, wide-screen TVs, wine, fruit, nightly turn-downs with cookies, a refrigerator full of complimentary drinks, etc.

The staff remembered us by our names. They were very concerned that I was fighting a cold and kept serving me a warm honey lemon beverage whenever they could without my asking! The first night too, individual plates of chocolate chip cookies appeared on one of the tables with the children's names inscribed in chocolate! It was unbelievable.

Staff were courteous, warm and very, very attentive. Food at the Knolls was excellent. Pancakes were served with vanilla-flecked butter. The swimming pools were warm and clean and staff came by with bottles of cold water voluntarily. Before we left, our youngest child was served a fruit lolly - again without us asking! - whilst we were enjoying our last dip at the main pool.

Thank you, Capella. I needed a break and enjoyed the rest in your care. The books in your library and the daily teas were memorable. I am looking forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: The beach might get noisy with weekend activities so if you want absolute peace and quiet, be sure t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sandyliw, Director of Sales & Marketing at Capella Singapore, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for this remarkable review of Capella Singapore! It was truly a pleasure to read about your wonderful experience during your stay with us. At Capella Singapore, going beyond the luxurious facilities we offer, we seek to create unique and memorable experiences for all our guests by remembering our guests by name and anticipating any needs our guests may have. It is wonderful to know that these efforts were much to your liking.

Thank you again for your kind words and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Capella Singapore for your next stay.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Having never heard the term until I moved to Singapore 4yrs ago, I decided that my first "staycation" should be a memorable one. The experience at Capella was certainly that! I booked the Romance package and treated me and my girlfriend to a weekend on Sentosa, although, in the lush jungle surroundings it really did feel like we were in a different country and I felt happy to achieve that holiday feeling. On arrival the reception staff were very friendly and it was the first time I had checked into a hotel and they knew my name before I even had opened my mouth to say 'hello'; great service and very friendly staff. We had got there early and our room wasn't ready but we had a spa treatment so it wasn't a problem. This was the best spa experience I've had and fell asleep several times (snoring very loudly to the embarrassment of the missus) during the 3 hours. This really made the trip for both of us! The spa facilities are great and service is excellent!

The room was great; the Constellation room on the top floor with good views of the pool and South China Sea. Private jacuzzi on the balcony and a welcome bottle of wine. Had dinner at The Knolls - which is ok, nothing special, but not hugely pricey either (15% discount with AMEX) but again the staff are very friendly and accommodating.

The pool service is great and I love the service, a bucket of ice cold water and flannels served without even asking for it! Perfect for the hot Singapore weather.

All in all a memorable, time! ' staycation' done!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Staycations are indeed a buzz word in Singapore and thank you for choosing Capella Singapore for your first staycation experience! It is great to know that you were able to enjoy a treatment at the award-winning Auriga spa and that you liked the Constellation Room and all its facilities. One of the wonderful things about the Constellation Room is that you can enjoy a long, leisurely soak in your own private Jacuzzi while over-looking our vast greenery or the South China Sea. It really is absolute bliss and I am so glad that you were able to enjoy it.

I am also very pleased to know that our staff were perfect hosts to both you and your girlfriend during your stay with us. I do hope that you will have another staycation with us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sentosa Island
Marina Bay
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands
#35 of 306 in Singapore

Been to Capella Singapore? Share your experiences!